Guns N' Roses debuted what Axl Rose described as "a new Guns N' Roses song" tonight in Boston.

"Some of you might have heard this under another name,” the iconic frontman noted. “But this is really kind of absurd for us to try this,” Rose then joked, earning a rimshot from drummer Frank Ferrer. “Wasn’t that funny? And they don’t even know the joke yet. Ok, this is called ‘Absurd.’”

From there, Guns N’ Roses launched into what (arguably) sounds like one of the hardest tracks in their arsenal. Blistering drums and a frantic, punk rock pace propeled the song, as Rose unleashed his aggressive vocals in a Rage Against the Machine-style delivery.

“Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard / Dragged down in the gutters, it's more than you deserve / Screaming fucking banshee, you know that's what you are / Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd.”

Read More: Watch Guns N' Roses Debut New Song 'Absurd' | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-absurd/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

“See? I never run out of love songs,” Rose quipped afterwards to another drum sting. “That was fun. So you heard it here first, a new Guns N’ Roses song.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-absurd-debut-silkworms-song-live-1207117/

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Guns N' Roses debuted what Axl Rose described as "a new Guns N' Roses song" tonight in Boston.

"Some of you might have heard this under another name,” the iconic frontman noted. “But this is really kind of absurd for us to try this,” Rose then joked, earning a rimshot from drummer Frank Ferrer. “Wasn’t that funny? And they don’t even know the joke yet. Ok, this is called ‘Absurd.’”

From there, Guns N’ Roses launched into what (arguably) sounds like one of the hardest tracks in their arsenal. Blistering drums and a frantic, punk rock pace propeled the song, as Rose unleashed his aggressive vocals in a Rage Against the Machine-style delivery.

“Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard / Dragged down in the gutters, it's more than you deserve / Screaming fucking banshee, you know that's what you are / Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd.”

Read More: Watch Guns N' Roses Debut New Song 'Absurd' | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-absurd/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

“See? I never run out of love songs,” Rose quipped afterwards to another drum sting. “That was fun. So you heard it here first, a new Guns N’ Roses song.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-absurd-debut-silkworms-song-live-1207117/

Me, as a massive RATM fan, can't hear the comparison, and if so, on a very low level.

The only good thing about it is that it fits Axls voice.

get hardschool on tf !

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

They were indeed. A triggered sample from the studio version it seems.

That was a common occurrence throughout the 09/10 tour on Chinese tunes. Doesn’t happen as much nowadays 

I feel like the band had to have done this as a nod-nod wink-wink type thing. I still cannot deny the unbearable novelty of seeing something, anything, out of the norm at a GN'R show. Hell, just think that during the 2009-2014 years, people were begging the band to play this song. 

The strangest thing to me was that without the "what can I do with a bitch like you" part of the song removed, Axl just kind of stood around silent most of the song. Had Axl not specifically called it out as a new song, I imagine a lot of the crowd would have thought it was some kind of transition between songs. Also, I like that you only hear awkward silence from the majority of the crowd, and only get applause when Axl says "you heard a new Guns N' Roses song" at the end. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Silkworms / Absurd is the second worst song GN'R has ever recorded outside of My World. 

Having said that, I admire the action itself on a certain level. 

We wanted them to play something new.....they played something new. We wanted them to shake things up.....that song in particular is a big shake up. 

Slash & Duff playing on that God awful song from 20+ years ago is just so bizarre, but again, it's something different. 

In many ways, this is the most GN'R thing that GN'R has ever done. I still hate the song, but I admire the action itself. 

Could not have said it better myself. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Silkworms / Absurd is the second worst song GN'R has ever recorded outside of My World. 

Having said that, I admire the action itself on a certain level. 

We wanted them to play something new.....they played something new. We wanted them to shake things up.....that song in particular is a big shake up. 

Slash & Duff playing on that God awful song from 20+ years ago is just so bizarre, but again, it's something different. 

In many ways, this is the most GN'R thing that GN'R has ever done. I still hate the song, but I admire the action itself. 

i would say myworld is better 

• Like 2

As @RussTCB said, this might honestly be the most Guns N' Roses thing to happen in the entirety of the band's history. Even if Duff and Slash hate the song, they must have seen the humor in doing this; particularly after the beating they took at the last show. Also, for Axl, playing that song must be surreal. Think of the circumstances, the band lineup, and Axl himself the last time they would have played that song (I believe the NYE 2001 show in Vegas). Axl does not even seem like the same person anymore. Slash and Duff are now playing on the type of songs that presumably made them lose interest in the band in the fist place. It really is mind-boggling. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

As @RussTCB said, this might honestly be the most Guns N' Roses thing to happen in the entirety of the band's history. Even if Duff and Slash hate the song, they must have seen the humor in doing this; particularly after the beating they took at the last show. Also, for Axl, playing that song must be surreal. Think of the circumstances, the band lineup, and Axl himself the last time they would have played that song (I believe the NYE 2001 show in Vegas). Axl does not even seem like the same person anymore. Slash and Duff are now playing on the type of songs that presumably made them lose interest in the band in the fist place. It really is mind-boggling. 

Not as mind boggling if you consider the $$$ factor nowdays