1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just tried to give Absurd another proper listen.. What a piece of garbage throw away song.. Absolutely terrible... New album shit like that and hardschool?  I'll save my money.

Is it really even a song? I’m one of Axl’s biggest supporters but just screaming “absurd” over and over instead of a chorus is mind boggling. Evaders version will be version. 

12 minutes ago, mystery said:

Axl's voice in general including his speaking voice has changed a lot. It's way less deep since he started performing again in 2001. There's an unintentional ASMR channel on YouTube that has a 1991 interview with him where his voice is deep and actually somewhat soothing

on the i used to lover video that they released on YT from 93 his speaking voice sounded very similar to the current one, when his talking to the crew member, not that deep as it was on those interview

Yeah it's just a shame we didn't get the industrial album 20 years ago, followed by the overproduced one. Record company's fault for rejecting it I guess. It would have been such a masterpiece of an album 20 years ago. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mystery said:

Metallica comes to mind when taking about fan voting for setlists. The Frayed Ends of Sanity was played live in full in 2014 for  the first time due to this. 

If they play Absurd again it'll be a missed opportunity if Axl doesn't present it with; "Listen motherfuckers to a song that should be heard".

Absolutely - what a missed opportunity it was to get real deep cuts as fans kept voting for the regular stuff 🤦‍♂️

The folk who DID vote for stuff like Frayed get my 👏….think it was only played 3 times!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

on the i used to lover video that they released on YT from 93 his speaking voice sounded very similar to the current one, when his talking to the crew member, not that deep as it was on those interview

There were times back then when his voice sounded similar to how it does currently along with a much deeper voice that he used more often in the late 80s/early 90s.

Watching that video again, my question is did they ever eat the pizza or did they always throw it to the crowd?

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've was given free tickets and still had ZERO interest in going on Sunday. 

Then they played a song I hate and now I'm considering going LOL. Honestly, that's all I needed though. I just need GN'R to do *anything* interesting for me to happy with them. 

Yeah, that's a low bar, but I'm used to a very low bar for GN'R lol. And yeah, the overall vibe on the board has been awesome today. That should be all the proof in the world that we're true fans who just want GN'R to do interesting things. 

It may not be a "good" song in the traditional sense but it's existence is weird and insane, which for this band, makes it interesting enough to give it the time of day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Not a classic, but a cool song and I'd be happy to have it on a new album.

It's just so out of left field (literally since they played at Fenway). Out of all the songs they could've dusted off who would've thought it would be Silkworms with a new title.

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

It's just so out of left field (literally since they played at Fenway). Out of all the songs they could've dusted off who would've thought it would be Silkworms with a new title.

Chris Pitman is probably the most excited, as has been suggested. He no doubt will have a writing credit for that song, should it be on CD2.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I'm almost convinced the main reason they played this piece out of all the other possibilities is the vocal point of view. No rasp, easy text. Axl couldn't have handled HS in Hershey, and maybe he still doesn't feel like it. Plus maybe the element of surprise, as they knew folks had been expecting HS. Who knows though. 

Agree, it song isn't have many vocal demand to Axl.

42 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Listening to the RIR 2001 it honestly never dawned on me how much Axl's lower register has changed these last 20 years too - it is hard to explain but at times it sounds just so different even compared to any rendition of Silkworms before

Sounds a bit like Foghorn Leghorn, actually. A nice change of pace from ol' Mickey.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd like it noted for the record that due to Silkworms/Absurd, I've been in a good mood and cracking jokes all day. 

Not less bloated, but....baby steps. 

Surrender to it Russ...it's warm in here!!! :wow:

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Chris Pitman is probably the most excited, as has been suggested. He no doubt will have a writing credit for that song, should it be on CD2.

Axl might also troll him good by keeping Absurd in live rotation indefinitely, while releasing CD2 without it.

• Haha 1

Jesus. I admire people who are excited about this, but fuck me. This is awful music. The starvation is real if this is what we have to get excited about.

I’m glad it’s generating enthusiasm in a roundabout way, but what a low bar. GNR is like the hot girl who keeps feeding guys all these scraps and leading them on, knowing that they will never have a chance.

• Like 1

This song was awful as Silkworms and it's still awful now, but holy shit am I loving the fact Axl, Slash, and Duff are performing unreleased music. 

It's also wonderful to see Axl performing with actual passion again. He seemed to be in a great mood singing the song. 

Also, let it be known that I love Axl's deep singing voice. 

I like the new name better than Silkworms, but I prefer the village sessions demo. All that demo needed was the guitar parts that were missing, the removal of that annoying black & decker kind of sound, the absurd line and the new acapella and there's your song.

The one they played yesterday sounds more like the 2006 Bumblefoot version, which I don't like as much. All in all it was great that they played that song, because we hadn't seen them rehearsing it, and it was a total surprise.

I hope the studio version is as close as possible to that first industrial demo (but I know it probably isn't). The whole intro and industrial guitar vibe is so cool! It would be a waste not to get that version released in my opinion.

Edited by Propaganda