9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

At least My World has the decency to only be a minute and a half :lol:

it has a decent outro 

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It honestly might be. 

yeah man, at least in my world its terrible at the beginning then has some sort of element at the end 

silk worms is the definition of axl in hell 

To Axl’s defense, and at this point it’s getting hard to defend anything he or this “band” does, Absurd is easier on his voice than Hard Skool. No way he can pull off the middle part rasp and rapid fire delivery in the vocal shape he’s currently in, especially on the one song that is quite possibly the single to the new album. It would be abysmal.  Better save it for when he knows he can do it, which may take a few more shows. Let’s see what happens tomorrow night. Maybe me being there will be good luck. :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

26 minutes ago, fantomas said:

You want us to appreciate Silkworms and cream our pants over it? Are you serious? A song that was shitty in 2001 and is just as, if not more shitty now. The song that was so shitty it was left off of Chinese Democracy, which was full of shitty songs.

Just because the band has given us something different, it doesn't mean it's good or welcome.  

Dk where to start. But it did not got left out for being ‘shitty’ as you said. It si more complex than that. Don’t enjoy it if you don’t feel the same value for it as others but the jokes on you man.

1 minute ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

To Axl’s defense, and at this point it’s getting hard to defend anything he or this “band” does, Absurd is easier on his voice than Hard Skool. No way he can pull off the middle part rasp and rapid fire delivery in the vocal shape he’s currently in, especially on the one song that is quite possibly the single to the new album. It would be abysmal.  Better save it for when he knows he can do it, which may take a few more shows. Let’s see what happens tomorrow night. Maybe me being there will be good luck. :lol:

I'm betting on LA for Hard School. We should do a poll on this lol It would be fun!

Edited by Propaganda

The first 4 songs of every show should be enough to see what sort of form Axl will be in. The high's of Easy and Jungle in particular seem to have been quite troublesome so far. Once that's nailed, I bet he'll feel comfortable enough to pull it off if his higher register is back to what it was in the last couple of years.

4 minutes ago, valengf said:

Dk where to start. But it did not got left out for being ‘shitty’ as you said. It si more complex than that. Don’t enjoy it if you don’t feel the same value for it as others but the jokes on you man.

Yep, the joke's on me.  I've been on this forum since it was a bulletin board, that been for almost 25 years, mate. It's the same recycled bullshit, over and over and over and over. As a fan you should demand better from this band. One album in 30 years is not good enough. Hanging on to a legacy of a flawed album is not good enough. A piss take of a song where the band is quite literally laughing at us is not good enough. The Chinese Democracy era has to end. We've been on this path since 2001 and the House of Blues show. Aren't you bored of this? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

From soundcheck, sounds like Melissa and Duff might be handling the "too hardschool" parts.

Now that might just be on one part of the song, the end. Or it might be that it allows Axl to take breaths in the chorus. Not sure.

Axl: "But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way. Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away."

Duff/Melissa: "Too hard school."

Axl: "And you thought you were here to stay. If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway."

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

From soundcheck, sounds like Melissa and Duff might be handling the "too hardschool" parts.

Now that might just be on one part of the song, the end. Or it might be that it allows him to take breaths in the chorus. Not sure.

He has a lot of breaks on hard school, I'm sure he can handle that one and even use he's Shadow of your love voice on it. Posted the HS soundcheck with vocals on the other thread, there's a big margin between instrumentals and vocals.

aaaaand the link is no longer working, fucking nando :lol:

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 1

Personally, when it comes time for studio releases, I'm left wondering if we'll just have the old studio vocals rather than new studio vocals. Would be sort of a bummer, but I'm thirsty for any official release so I'm not gonna complain. The only reason I bring it up is I really think Absurd and Hard School both can use an additional verse rather than repeated verses.

1 minute ago, Trin9498 said:

Just listened to hard school, perhaps, state of grace and eyes on you…..why sit on that material??

If they re-worked those for a new LP, it would be good.

But I'd rather they just use 2-3 songs to rework and do actual new shit. 

5 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Personally, when it comes time for studio releases, I'm left wondering if we'll just have the old studio vocals rather than new studio vocals. Would be sort of a bummer, but I'm thirsty for any official release so I'm not gonna complain. The only reason I bring it up is I really think Absurd and Hard School both can use an additional verse rather than repeated verses.

Not only will they use the old studio vocals, I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept the scratch ones for Quick Song

• Haha 1

After hearing the current version of Silkworms, I'm kinda worried that he never wrote more lyrics for songs like Perhaps or Eye On You... I just assumed the repeated verse in Perhaps was a placeholder but maybe we have heard all the vocals for that song :confused:

Either way though, Perhaps would be a much better choice for this lineup than Hardschool. Axl would sound fine during the verses, and in the chorus he could do the "all alooooone" vocals while Duff and Melissa do the other lines.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

If they re-worked those for a new LP, it would be good.

But I'd rather they just use 2-3 songs to rework and do actual new shit. 

Voice is too shot for new stuff IMO unless they work studio magic 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

After hearing the current version of Silkworms, I'm kinda worried that he never wrote more lyrics for songs like Perhaps or Eye On You... I just assumed the repeated verse in Perhaps was a placeholder but maybe we have heard all the vocals for that song :confused:

Either way though, Perhaps would be a much better choice for this lineup than Hardschool. Axl would sound fine during the verses, and in the chorus he could do the "all alooooone" vocals while Duff and Melissa do the other lines.

Yeah that's been the theme thus far with Silkworms and Hard School. 

4 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Voice is too shot for new stuff IMO unless they work studio magic 

I disagree. Rock the Rock was good, vocally.

2 hours ago, fantomas said:

Listen to Rocket Queen from Fenway park. You'll remember why this band is such a fucking train wreck live. Axl sounds like utter, utter shit. The more things change... throwing a shitty remake of a shitty song does not do much for their cred at this point. $la$h should be fucking embarrassed by Absurd.  

Rocket Queen was pretty awesome in person last night.. Axl's voice was rough all night but the whole crowd was singing along so it didn't matter. 

• Like 2

I guess the novelty of them doing something/anything different is cool. And even the music being re-worked isn't bad, but man them lyrics were trash 20 years ago and they still are now lol.

Kudos for effort, but man that bar is nearly to the floor with how they got us even a little amped for what amounts to a troll lol. 

• Like 1

The fact that Hard School is what people are holding out hope for shows you how low the bar is. Blows my mind they're trying to rework decades old material with Slash & Duff rather than coming up with anything new. 

• Like 4