Reading casual comments on Facebook is hilarious... I mean absurd!

Silkworms is probably the worst song Axl has ever done. My World is actually fun as a terrible novelty, but I guess last night has put Silkworms into that tier. If Axl added another dynamic part in the bridge, kept the original chorus, and changed the lyrics it could be a bitching song, actually. He didn't do any of that, and made it worse with the ABSURD chorus, instead.

I agree with @RussTCB, horrible song and completely insane that THIS is the aLl nEw sOnG we get after 13 years, but it's almost too hilarious and absurd to be mad at. 

I'm completely positive Hard School is coming soon 

seriously, Silkworms WITH Slash. What the fuck?! :lol:

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Now would be a good time to drop the Hardschool single on Spotify with Absurd as the b-side.

This is my prediction of what they’ll do, and that this will be the only new material for the foreseeable future, until we get Aint Goin Down on the UYI box.

im happy that they’re doing something sorta new. I’m still not 100% convinced that a new album is on the horizon, but I can settle for one-off singles.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

As @RussTCB said, this might honestly be the most Guns N' Roses thing to happen in the entirety of the band's history. Even if Duff and Slash hate the song, they must have seen the humor in doing this; particularly after the beating they took at the last show. Also, for Axl, playing that song must be surreal. Think of the circumstances, the band lineup, and Axl himself the last time they would have played that song (I believe the NYE 2001 show in Vegas). Axl does not even seem like the same person anymore. Slash and Duff are now playing on the type of songs that presumably made them lose interest in the band in the fist place. It really is mind-boggling. 

Duff liked My World, so I wouldn't be surprised if he likes this one, too :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

This is my prediction of what they’ll do, and that this will be the only new material for the foreseeable future, until we get Aint Goin Down on the UYI box.

im happy that they’re doing something sorta new. I’m still not 100% convinced that a new album is on the horizon, but I can settle for one-off singles.

I don't see them doing singles. That would be sensible. Hard Skool wouldn't be bad as a "comeback" single, imo. It's pretty short and  simple but stays interesting with all of its instrumental parts, has some cool Slash guitar now, and an fantastic, classic sounding Axl chorus. 

Releasing Absurd as one of their first songs, though?.... :rofl-lol:

2 minutes ago, AppetiteForDestruction said:

I don’t care if it’s a 20 year old song reworked, it’s something different. Now rework OMG. 

I am completely happy with the leaked Bumblefoot version. That is a bitching song.

Of course Silkworms is the least ridiculous Axl has sounded so far in 2021. It just goes to show what could have been if he put in some effort and released some songs he can actually sing today. I liked his voice and performance, and the rest of the band seemed happy to be doing something new. I kinda wanted a close up of Melissa’s face, though. At least there’s no excuse not to do Pretty Tied Up Now.

It was never a particularly good song and now it’s a 21 year old song with the same verse done three times and it’s a cringe verse to listen to once but it was fun. It’s not like they’re going to put it on an album.

They could have gone the whole hog and put It Tastes Good in the middle 8. And you know it.

Edited by Stress Fracture
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don't see them doing singles. That would be sensible. Hard Skool wouldn't be bad as a "comeback" single, imo. It's pretty short and  simple but stays interesting with all of its instrumental parts, has some cool Slash guitar now, and an fantastic, classic sounding Axl chorus. 

Releasing Absurd as one of their first songs, though?.... :rofl-lol:

I am completely happy with the leaked Bumblefoot version. That is a bitching song.

I’m completely happy with anything that leaks. It’s to the point now if we never get new music that we have the leaks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Slash playing Silkworms and wearing a KFC shirt hahahaha this band is hilarious 

Holy shit. I didn't even notice that. Was he wearing a KFC shirt for real?? 

Just now, GoForJMark said:

They're fucking with us at this point right? 

They have to be and in a weird way, I totally respect it lol

• Haha 1