17 minutes ago, Dean said:

The Facebook comments are scathing. People hate this song so much. I haven't really seen anybody say anything good, and I've looked. I know some media covered it, but they still didn't call it good they just described the style😄 

Hardskool might be bang average but that was the song that should have been aired first. I mean, we all know that. It's like Axl and TB were like "you want new music??? Fine, see if you still want it after this! Absurd!!!"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

lol it's like the band is intentionally playing "Absurd" to disappoint the fans with the idea of "new" material in hopes to avoid releasing anything. Nice try Axl... 

Look at it from a marketing point of view. Lets say they are planning an album with CD2 leftovers and new songs. Performing CD2 material BEFORE adding the new songs as "big guns" actually makes sense. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, valengf said:

As AFD mutated into UYI, the evolution was and still is Chinese Democracy wether you like it or not. Thats still the road ahead for now. Remember Chinese was supposed to be a double album. Well this is the continuation of that with the will of Axl doing it with Slash as it was intended in the first place. Now Slash is on the same page so that is the future

I liked most of the Democracy album. TWAT and Street of Dreams are in my top ten GnR songs. I don't need to be schooled on the evolution of GnR, the Chinese Democracy era is over. It started 20 years ago, it;'s time for Axl to move on. If Absurd is the future of GnR music, I'm out. I don't want a rehash of AFD or UYI, but let's call a spade a spade, Silkworms is shit. It was shit when he played it in 2001 and it's shit 20 years later.    Stop relying on unreleased songs from a divisive era. Put out something new or call it quits, this trolling fans shit isn't funny.

Just logged in for the first time in years to say… silkworms? Really? 

Man they must really be out of ideas if this is what they’re bringing to the table as “new” material.

Put it back where it came from and maybe in 20 more years of tinkering it might be ok as a GnR song

• Like 1

now this song is seriously bad!  The worst song ever that came out from Ax/Slash/Duff collaboration.

There is no chance this would end up on AFD-UYI.  Ok, My World did, but still. 

It sounds like a cross over of Sex Pistols ripp off and Prodigy.  NOW is really time to get Iz back before they overshadow 1985 - 1993 era with an epic train wreck.  Get back old bad, old sound, there was enough damage done last 28 years it would be a shame to drag GNR moniger deeper into more shit

• Like 1

I don't care what anyone says about the song. I liked the performance. And I am overjoyed they not only played something different but also highlighted it on their social media page. And actual live pro-shot snippet. Most social media commenters will shit on anything new the band might debut. "sTiCk To ThE cLaSsIcS."

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I don't care what anyone says about the song. I liked the performance. And I am overjoyed they not only played something different but also highlighted it on their social media page. And actual live pro-shot snippet. Most social media commenters will shit on anything new the band might debut. "sTiCk To ThE cLaSsIcS."

Very happy there's some movement towards a new release. But the song no matter how I twist it in my sick gnr brain, I can't like it. 

With a completely new vocal line and lyrics there might be a good song here.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Very happy there's some movement towards a new release. But the song no matter how I twist it in my sick gnr brain, I can't like it. 

With a completely new vocal line and lyrics there might be a good song here.

Not only are the lyrics completely shit but then they are are repeatedly over and over just to rub it in further just how shite they are

“PUSSY FULL OF MAGGOTS!”

4 minutes ago, NEU-YORK said:

Absurd is the best GNR song since the 90's. Go Axl! 

I can think of 14 better songs than Absurd... even Scraped is a masterpiece compared to this🤣 

Anyway, hopefully they play a different song tonight and cleanse us.

I genuinely really dig it, even if I did prefer the chorus from the '01 version. But then again I don't hate My World. I think I prefer My World to at least five other tracks on UYI I & II... It's also cool seeing Axl getting really into singing the song, and cute seeing him smile at Fortus during the performance, you can tell he's having a blast.

The real question is when is Eye On You gonna get its live debut???!!!

• Like 3