Jebus, and then they say that we, diehards, are the tough crowd. Facebook is full on dissing Axl's voice :facepalm: 

He doesn't even sound bad. It's just a variation of his low pitch, which IMO sounds perfectly fine. I'd rather hear this to out of breath Mickey :shrugs: Do casuals know about Mickey? 

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Jebus, and then they say that we, diehards, are the tough crowd. Facebook is full on dissing Axl's voice :facepalm: 

He doesn't even sound bad. It's just a variation of his low pitch, which IMO sounds perfectly fine. I'd rather hear this to out of breath Mickey :shrugs: Do casuals know about Mickey? 

It's literally his "Down on the Farm" style. People suck, man. 

Just now, dgnr said:

I looked at their social media and noticed the comments about Axl;s voice, too. Basically most negative comments focus on that.

I like his low voice and I wish he used it more, but it seems that it'll be a problem with the casuals. They're not familiar with this voice, whereas even Mickey "works" for them in a live setting.

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

I looked at their social media and noticed the comments about Axl;s voice, too. Basically most negative comments focus on that.

I like his low voice and I wish he used it more, but it seems that it'll be a problem with the casuals. They're not familiar with this voice, whereas even Mickey "works" for them in a live setting.

I noticed that his low voice aged and has transformed into this devilish voice we hear in Better chorus for exemple, it is ok to me, I can't expect a 60 y/old fella to not sound like so. But some people just don't get it, as if Axl was some kind of ageless superhuman.

• Like 2

I actually like the song. For sure it'll not be one of their Best but glad they played something New ! Axl's voice is OK, low range voice that fit with the song. I just regret They didn't keep the chorus "what should i do...". I'm more excited to hear Hardschool but They tried something. 

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's the English accent rather than the register that has people scratching their heads. I mean Down on the farm is still a head fuck for me... Why the accent, why🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

I noticed that his low voice aged and has transformed into this devilish voice we hear in Better chorus for exemple, it is ok to me, I can't expect a 60 y/old fella to not sound like so. But some people just don't get it, as if Axl was some kind of ageless superhuman.

I think it's very close to the "shouting" low voice on I Don't Care About You. But casual fans don't know that song, and even a lot of the people who have heard it don't know that it's Axl singing and think it's Duff or someone else.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

I think it's the English accent rather than the register that has people scratching their heads. I mean Down on the farm is still a head fuck for me... Why the accent, why🤣

Yeah, the fake English accent, too. He probably wanted to get into the spirit of English punk and Prodigy respectively :lol:

But most comments are along the lines of it not being the voice they've been used to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The return of this song reminds me of that “Axl hitler” video from back when the locker leaks started:

SS Officer: But Mein Axl, this could finally give fans a chance to hear songs like Atlas!

Axl: FUCK ATLAS! MY SILKWORMS MIXES ARE AT STAKE!!

Oh yeah I forgot about that :lol:

7 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

The song is so terrible that it's starting to stick in my head.  It's like the "pants on the ground" song from American Idol a long time ago.

That song is catchy as hell tho

The more I listen to this the more I like it, and I like that the band seemed to be having fun trying something new for once.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that :lol:

That song is catchy as hell tho

The more I listen to this the more I like it, and I like that the band seemed to be having fun trying something new for once.

Love how Slash played it, and Duff too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Me too

Yeah, I just went back and watched the Rock in Rio Silkworms for the first time in forever…Shit that was horrible! Axl looked and sounded he was in the middle of a mental health crisis to the point it was seriously off putting.

This new performance isn’t amazing but it’s definitely an improvement from before. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Only GN'R could make us wait 20 years and 'reward' us with a slight tweak of fucking Silkworms. Top trolling. GG's guys :lol: .

It really is. It's trolling of the highest order and I must tip my cap to them. 

• ABSUЯD 2

6 hours ago, fantomas said:

I liked most of the Democracy album. TWAT and Street of Dreams are in my top ten GnR songs. I don't need to be schooled on the evolution of GnR, the Chinese Democracy era is over. It started 20 years ago, it;'s time for Axl to move on. If Absurd is the future of GnR music, I'm out. I don't want a rehash of AFD or UYI, but let's call a spade a spade, Silkworms is shit. It was shit when he played it in 2001 and it's shit 20 years later.    Stop relying on unreleased songs from a divisive era. Put out something new or call it quits, this trolling fans shit isn't funny.

Well well.. what do you say now?