11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Paging @Tom-Ass, are you alive? I hope you survived Absurd

He did say that he would probably only get some random Chinese Democracy deep cuts🤣🤣🤣 it was 2nd thing I thought when I heard it the first also being "what the fuck???"🤣 this band has a great sense of humour

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GoForJMark said:

Now imagine on the next show they play a reworked My World. :smiley-confused2:

Axl might cum through his eyes seeing how we react. 

Honestly, anything (except One in a Million) is fair game now. Slash will go along with whatever Axl wants to do for the $$$. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Doesn’t it mean that… studio version exists?

Of course. It's the same screams you hear on the version from the leaks and on the HOB performances.

What is surprising that they didn't use the "Just another love slipped away" in the breakdown before the last verse, he actually sings it live.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Honestly, anything (except One in a Million) is fair game now. Slash will go along with whatever Axl wants to do for the $$$. 

I wouldn't be surpised if they rework One In A million in some way. After Absurd anything can happen

Am i the only one who likes Silkworms? Yes it's weird, but that's the whole point. Axl was enjoying the heck out of it, and even called it a new song. I think even if you dont like the song, you can be very optimistic about new materials.

Edited by Rapidfire
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Can't believe that vocal line survived all these years, it wasn't good in 2001 never mind 2021. It's kinda punk so maybe Slash and Duff like it? But I think they mainly just want that sweet dolla dolla!

3 minutes ago, Popcorn crew said:

Conspiracy theory: Axl died in 2016 and some Axl lookalike took over. 

Hints are in songs and tour names:

Dead Horse

Apsurd

Not in this lifetime

You'd think TB would have found a better singer lol

• Haha 3

Since the forum was down last night I was stuck with whatever I could find on Twitter with Google search results (since I don’t have Twitter) and setlistfm. I saw Absurd and thought that surely it was a joke and the real set list would be updated after the show. 

But I’ll be damned.. they actually did it. As someone who isn’t a fan of much from the Chinese Democracy era, Silkworms/Absurd stands alone as the single worst thing to ever be conceived by this band. My World is infinitely better. 

But all I’ve wanted was some new music featuring Slash (and Duff, I suppose). And on that front, GNR delivered for me. I HATE the song, but in a way I felt like it was a love letter and a subtle word of affirmation to all of us that they’re doing SOMETHING in regards to unreleased music one way or another. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think it's fantastic they played this. Really, really great. I know it's not everyone's taste......but come on! Life in the old dog! Something new, interesting, not formulaic, this is the GNR we want, surely? 

Yes, but it would be help if the new, interesting, music player was,

A. Not 20+ years old and nearly identical to it's old version

B. Good

:rofl-lol:

So happy they brought this one back. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I wasn’t expecting it at all.

This new version is a vast improvement to the one performed in 2001. It was a good decision to strip away most of the electronic elements and turn it into a straight rocker. Great playing by Slash and Fortus too, well executed for a first performance!

Edited by ApacheChief42
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

It was kind of just a big WTF moment to be honest.. I thought it was a new song.. Then realized it wasn't.. The whole idea of pasting Slash and Duff on songs written by NuGnR doesn't excite me. Especially bad songs.. I still took it all in though.  

We were all a bit worried about you :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Yes, but it would be help if the new, interesting, music player was,

A. Not 20+ years old and nearly identical to it's old version

B. Good

:rofl-lol:

Well, yeah fair point on the first one I suppose. 

Second point - I love it to be honest. Always have. But it's cool if some people don't like it - I love that it divides opinion. 

Edited by allwaystired

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think it's fantastic they played this. Really, really great. I know it's not everyone's taste......but come on! Life in the old dog! Something new, interesting, not formulaic, this is the GNR we want, surely? 

Everyone keeps saying it's the most GNR thing GNR has ever done. I'm allowing myself to enjoy this. :D

3 minutes ago, MattyIce3924 said:

But all I’ve wanted was some new music featuring Slash (and Duff, I suppose). And on that front, GNR delivered for me. I HATE the song, but in a way I felt like it was a love letter and a subtle word of affirmation to all of us that they’re doing SOMETHING in regards to unreleased music one way or another. 

This is how fucked up this band is... To make us all feel like this for Silkworms :awesomeface: