Just now, ZoSoRose said:

That would have been neat, but he plays the song exactly how it was just with solos. An all new Slash riff there could have been cool

If a studio version is released, I'm sure there's going to be a lot going on guitar-wise, and Slash's presence will be felt.

• Like 1

Just now, liers said:

If you had told me years ago that the first new song GNR would play with Slash would be silkworms I would’ve bet everything I owned against that. I didn’t think there was anyway silkworms would see the light of day again.

I would be homeless. I would’ve bet my house.

I don’t understand there’s Perhaps, State of Grace, Hardschool and who knows what else ready to go and they chose silkworms. That’s litterally the most Axl thing ever.

Yup. It's hilarious, stupid, disappointing, exciting, and fun all at the same time

• Like 2

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Yup. It's hilarious, stupid, disappointing, exciting, and fun all at the same time

It's an experiment in "The Emperor Has No Clothes" isn't it?  Now that Slash plays on a re-worked version of Silkworms, will the general public embrace it?  I'm utterly curious.

3 minutes ago, liers said:

I don’t understand there’s Perhaps, State of Grace, Hardschool and who knows what else ready to go and they chose silkworms. That’s litterally the most Axl thing ever.

Probably because Axl can sing Absurd well, compared to the others.

I'm thrilled Richard is getting more leads. I hope he's all over CD2 playing solos and such.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

It's an experiment in "The Emperor Has No Clothes" isn't it?  Now that Slash plays on a re-worked version of Silkworms, will the general public embrace it?  I'm utterly curious.

No :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Spike Killer said:

We'll see what happens at the next show.  I'm cautiously optimistic they'll debut a new song next show, this one better than the last.

Hard Skool is definitely coming and it will be glorious 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Another takeaway- IF a new album ever materializes, Fortus will also have leads

I’ve thought this for a while and absurd seems to point that way too. I reckon Slash will do about 85-90% of the leads on a new album and Fortus the rest. It seems to be the sound and “stamp “ on things by the current line up. KOHD Nightrain and RQ seem to suggest it 

Just now, Sweersa said:

Probably because Axl can sing Absurd well, compared to the others.

I'm thrilled Richard is getting more leads. I hope he's all over CD2 playing solos and such.

He sings tons of hard songs (poorly). I don't think he thinks about that

I wish he still did that “what can I do with a bitch like you” line from 2001. I mean, what happened to it, is it worse than the repeated “Absurd”? Hopefully it’s not some PC courtesy bullshit, cause, I mean, whew, we certainly dodged a bullet there with “pussy full of maggots”, didn’t we. 

8 minutes ago, liers said:

If you had told me years ago that the first new song GNR would play with Slash would be silkworms I would’ve bet everything I owned against that. I didn’t think there was anyway silkworms would see the light of day again.

I would be homeless. I would’ve bet my house.

All bets are off as far as what could be played next or what might be on a new record.

State of grace would have been epic. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

We'll see what happens at the next show.  I'm cautiously optimistic they'll debut a new song next show, this one better than the last.

I feel like Hard School will happen at MetLife and then......GASP...... both in Detroit?! 

• GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I wish he still did that “what can I do with a bitch like you” line from 2001. I mean, what happened to it, is it worse than the repeated “Absurd”? Hopefully it’s not some PC courtesy bullshit, cause, I mean, whew, we certainly dodged a bullet there with “pussy full of maggots”, didn’t we. 

Maybe it's one of that frequent "subtle change of lyrics", which happened on a lot of songs.

Wasn’t there someone on this forum back in like 2013 who said that they asked axl about silkworms and he said it would be on the next album and reworked, and I think we all laughed and said they were lying?

Can we figure out who that was and send them an apologies card?

Playing a subpar, unreleased 20-year-old song, written by Pittman and Dizzy, and still getting me excited...  Amazing trollage! My hat's off to you, Axl!

And now I can't get that song out of my head. Absurd!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1