3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Guns is the only old band I can think of where new music is actually what people want. With every other band people go to a piss break if they play new stuff lol.

I don't know.. This song seems to be a good candidate for a piss break..  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, UseYourDelusion said:

I mean- musically it was interesting.

Axl reminded me of Corey Taylor in the spoken word parts and they’ve clearly done a studio rework of this because the backing vocals of Axl were playing through the speakers. It would have made a great Slipknot track in 2000!!

The disappointing thing is that Absurd and Hard Skool were the only alt new tracks on the set list, which doesn’t suggest there’s been much work on new songs outside of these two.

Really hope I’m wrong because actually, as crazy as Absurd is as a track, musically it was great to see Slash, Duff and Richard really gelling and complimenting one another. 

I mean typically though if there’s an album coming out they’re not going to give us everything they have.

Chinese Democracy was the exception because of how long it took to be released. But generally bands play one or two songs before an album is released. Not half the songs like the case was with CD

This is the most guns n roses thing to ever happen.

While it was cool they played a newish song this was just so bizarre.

I wonder if when Axl showed the CD left overs to slash and duff if they picked this one and thought they could rework it into something cool.  Does have some punk vibes and gives slash a chance to show off.

But holy fuck this was so unexpected.  Which is also kinda cool.  And Slash wearing that kfc shirt was the cherry on top.  What the fuck.

Regardless it's exciting to see them try something different.  Hope for more

• Like 2

When I saw them in 16 and 17 the wife kept asking why we would leave when KOHD started, I said I cant sit though 11 minutes of it. Plus I dont like covers or paradise city. Up to then all the songs I loved were played. In philly i was the only one in my area excited for better and sorry, last night watching them at absurd my wife was like what's wrong. And I'm like it's a 20 year old.song reworked but dammit I was never so happier. If they could only play Shacklers and OMG. 

• Like 1

If this means they'll mix in more rarely played songs on a limited basis I'm all for it. Absolutely would not want this song for a whole leg of a tour though. I'd really love to hear a reworked/more polished version of Atlas Shrugged. I genuinely like that song.

19 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

This is the most guns n roses thing to ever happen.

While it was cool they played a newish song this was just so bizarre.

I wonder if when Axl showed the CD left overs to slash and duff if they picked this one and thought they could rework it into something cool.  Does have some punk vibes and gives slash a chance to show off.

But holy fuck this was so unexpected.  Which is also kinda cool.  And Slash wearing that kfc shirt was the cherry on top.  What the fuck.

Regardless it's exciting to see them try something different.  Hope for more

Lol I didn’t make the KFC connection until now and I was there. That’s hilarious and wonder if it was planned

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

It's an experiment in "The Emperor Has No Clothes" isn't it?  Now that Slash plays on a re-worked version of Silkworms, will the general public embrace it?  I'm utterly curious.

No. Where's the hook or melody? It's not a song that would do well on the radio. Doesn't matter who plays on it. 

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

No. Where's the hook or melody? It's not a song that would do well on the radio. Doesn't matter who plays on it. 

^^^ my initial reaction was what radio station would they play this?

then I dug into the lyrics more and was left with “why would any radio stations even consider this?”

Just now, Gunsdrummer63 said:

^^^ my initial reaction was what radio station would they play this?

then I dug into the lyrics more and was left with “why would any radio stations even consider this?”

I get that music is subjective but I can't imagine this would be a single. I guess I could see it as a B-side or bonus track. I guess I just can't get excited over a 20 year old song that I never liked to begin with. But if people here genuinely like it ,I won't rain on their parade. 

I just thought of something:

Civil War was the first official song we heard from Use Your Illusion 

Civil War ended up being the B Side to You Could Be Mine, the first official single from Use Your Illusion

Absurb is the first official song we're hearing from a possible new GN'R album

Ergo......Absurd will be the B Side to the first official single from the album. 

NEW B SIDE FOR OFFICIAL SINGLE AND ALBUM CONFIRMED! YOU'RE WELCOME!

(i kid, I kid) 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Radio’s dead…This band being on a level that’s “popular” again is long gone. The hook was removed for whatever reason and never reworked

It’s a song that took the band a few go arounds to learn. Insert some Slash and Richard leads over a droning riff and it’s good to go. Much easier to pull off than something like Atlas 

It has it moments and certainly energy. It’s incredibly repetitive though 

Edited by guitarpatch