2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Radio’s dead…This band being on a level that’s “popular” again is long gone. The hook was removed for whatever reason and never reworked

It’s a song that took the band a few go arounds to learn. Insert some Slash and Richard leads over a droning riff and it’s good to go. Much easier to pull off than something like Atlas 

It has it moments and certainly energy. It’s incredibly repetitive though 

Ok,it wouldn't do well on Spotify,XM,Youtube. Better? If the hook was the "What do I do...??" that wasn't very catchy either. Song seems to be getting ripped on most posts that I see on Blabbermouth etc. I don't think anyone was expecting the second coming of Jungle 35 years later but I just hope the rest of the album is better. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just thought of something:

Civil War was the first official song we heard from Use Your Illusion 

Civil War ended up being the B Side to You Could Be Mine, the first official single from Use Your Illusion

Absurb is the first official song we're hearing from a possible new GN'R album

Ergo......Absurd will be the B Side to the first official single from the album. 

NEW B SIDE FOR OFFICIAL SINGLE AND ALBUM CONFIRMED! YOU'RE WELCOME!

(i kid, I kid) 

I actually thought about that earlier today, but from a monetary standpoint.

Roger Taylor mentioned he got he same amount of money as Freddie did for Bohemian Rhapsody, as I'm In Love With My Car was the B side. I dunno how that works in the digital age, but if it's still the same and we go by this logic, if you're reading, Chris, you may finally get that money you were due after all! :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

The “what should I do with a …” line was the best part of that song. 

It’s my favourite Chinese era tune that slash plays on but good gosh why does Axl do everything ass backwards this is literally the least favourite song from the Chinese era and that’s what he chooses to get people excited for “new material 😫

Jesus fucking christ. Is this how far we've fallen? A half-assed version of a shit 21 year old song we pretty much all hated when it was first played? Now the band is just taking the piss at this point, I'm glad I'm skipping the Phoenix show.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I think Shackler's Revenge is such a no brainer for this band to play but I wonder if they ignore it because it's basically Buckethead's signature song with GnR.

They would play it if Axl could sing it. I don’t think he has it on him to pull it off 

2 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

The “what should I do with a …” line was the best part of that song. 

It’s my favourite Chinese era tune that slash plays on but good gosh why does Axl do everything ass backwards this is literally the least favourite song from the Chinese era and that’s what he chooses to get people excited for “new material 😫

Yea sucks he removed the hook. Repeating absurd is pretty absurd too

yeahhh, silkworms being a "new" song shows that the album (if it ever happens) will be as much a demonstration of a band going though the motions as the live shows are.

I'm not excited about the possibility of hard school being played, but silkworms coming back? yikes. It seems so like disingenuous with axl up there singing like he does on down on the farm essentially...kind of a joke, especially at his age for some reason. Watching it was pretty cringeworthy for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

They would play it if Axl could sing it. I don’t think he has it on him to pull it off 

I used to think/feel the same but it's gotten to a point where I don't think it matters. The songs they do play don't always sound that great either. I think they could perform Shackler's in a way similar to Slither, if that makes any sense. With enough backing vocals from Duff/Melissa/Dizzy I think it would be passable.

• Like 1

It’s funny/trollish/cool that they Absurdly chose to play this as the first taste of “new” material w/ Slash back in the band…

However that only works if this is round 1 and there are more new songs (album) to come and soon. Otherwise this will just be seen as another slap in the face to the die hards and people who care about this band at least attempting to have a pulse and make up for all the lost years. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

yeahhh, silkworms being a "new" song shows that the album (if it ever happens) will be as much a demonstration of a band going though the motions as the live shows are.

I'm not excited about the possibility of hard school being played, but silkworms coming back? yikes. It seems so like disingenuous with axl up there singing like he does on down on the farm essentially...kind of a joke, especially at his age for some reason. Watching it was pretty cringeworthy for me.

Down on the farm is a great song that they should pull out the bag, at least he could sing it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amir said:

Me 2 days ago:

Man, GNR is dead, I give up, no way I'm buying any tickets for any future gigs.

Me today:

EAT MY SILKWORMS BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

This is the best thing to happen since the leaks. Would genuinely love to hear this live. I do miss the "What can I do... with a bitch like you" chorus, though.

I like the Absurd chorus. It's kind of... absurd?

• GNFNR 1

You know what else this song does? Proves all of us wrong who were like "Axl takes himself too seriously to release new music!" 

Dude absolutely must be on the joke of what a bad song this is and/or going about having the general public hear it for the first time this way 😂 

The fact they played this confirms 100% that they're also going to play Hard Skool at some point in this tour (let's hope very soon). Imagine if they both become setlist regulars, two "new" and unreleased songs on the setlist that sounds cool as fuck and makes the tour better than it has been in a long long time. It would be the first time they play unreleased songs since fuckin' 2007.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Dude absolutely must be on the joke of what a bad song this is and/or going about having the general public hear it for the first time this way 😂 

Yeah man it's pretty absurd

Someone please help I can't stop 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Haha 2