Do you like 'Absurd'?

Do you like 'Absurd'?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Pretty simple, do you like the 'new' song, 'Absurd'?

• Yes
    • No
    • Might grow on me
    • Not interested at all

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2021 at 05:59 AM

released not only a few years too late, it's released two decades too late. it is put out as a single while in reality it's an album filler or a b-side to a proper single. the video is gnr's worst, even worse than shadow of your love. and the video is out of synth with the music.

what we are dealing with here is a stunt of a Jimi Hendrix calibre - release a 20+ year old demo, spit a video out and try to make a quick buck or two. 'Cept that Hendrix or Cobain or the Beatles have been dead for decades. Oh... wait...

Edited by whatashame
  • Like 1

I am beyond baffled - Slash & Duff have been back for 5 years.

Chinese Democracy came out in 2008, Silkworms was deemed to be not worthy.

Either give us a CD box set with a full 1999, 2001 and 2006 album on it (I know we kinda have it already but who knows what actually got finished etc.) or make some new stuff.

A cast off from 2001?? Really? I hope its a joke - I fear it isn't.

Just now, life_247 said:

Chinese Democracy came out in 2008, Silkworms was deemed to be not worthy.

Nope. Far from being "not worthy". The song just didn't fit concept wise and was intented for CDII. 

Love the song tbh.

it’s something different for the band and  a nice change from the usual thing released by older rock bands. The reworking makes it very similar to ISE. 

Hopefully there will be a nice mix of this and some mire traditional stuff to please all the fans. 

Only bit I’m not sold on is the breakdown/middle 8 but it’s still decent. 

It’s just amazing to hear Axl and Slash together again. Roll on the New album!

• Like 1

I like it because it means Axl is not giving up on all the material he created in the CD era. I like that stubbornness and there are so many other songs from that period I would like to hear, even if they are reworked to include Slash and Duff.

I also like how he doesn't give a fuck. So many probably advised against this being the first single, but he goes his own way as usual. I like that attitude. He is not compromising. It is not the most sensible thing to do, I suspect, both in terms of pleasing Slash and Duff, nor from a sales perspective, nor from uniting the fan base. But he does it his way. And I admire that.

Lastly, I like that the song in itself is dividing. Appetite was divisive too. It was a shot in the arm back in 1987. They could have played it safe and released something we all expected, but they didn't. And that's kind of the GN'R way, too. "Here's something you didn't expect, take it or leave it".

And the song is much, much better now with the guitars added. It won't make my top 10 GN'R songs, or top 20, but it is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whatashame said:

released not only a few years too late, it's released two decades too late. it is put out as a single while in reality it's an album filler or a b-side to a proper single. the video is gnr's worst, even worse than shadow of your love. and the video is out of synth with the music.

what we are dealing with here is a stunt of a Jimi Hendrix calibre - release a 20+ year old demo, spit a video out and try to make a quick buck or two. 'Cept that Hendrix or Cobain or the Beatles have been dead for decades. Oh... wait...

Meegan said the video was made last night, lol.