When will they debut Hard Skool?

When will they debut Hard Skool?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

When they introduced Shadow of Your Love to the sets in 2018 I was not sure how Axl's vocals would hold up, but except for timing issues he did really well. Really well.

True, but then he did sound like absolute dogshit on the 30sec clip of the HS verses from the 2020 soundcheck.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, betterman said:

When I listen to complete soundcheck together with the old demo, its pretty obvious that the part after second chorus will have new/additional vocals. The way Slash plays this new part sounds like it should be accompanied by vocals, like a bridge to the new solo and the final build-up and chorus.

So I think this tune will not consists of all 99-vocals

I don't think the bridge will have new vocals. If you look at Meegan's video of the HS rehearsal, the teleprompter shows the lyrics for the following chorus the entire time, implying that Axl has no lyrics to sing until the section is over. The entire song could have new vocals for all I know, but I don't think it will be more than a new vocal take replacing the old one.

Hard School is coming and so is the album. The question is not if, it's when. But the only source of relevant information is the three musicians and no one else. And with the constant radio silence and the let's-be-mysterious-in-case-we-get-stuck-with-broken-promises-again approach, we're screwed, and it's all up to speculation, as usual. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Hard School is coming and so is the album. The question is not if, it's when. But the only source of relevant information is the three musicians and no one else. And with the constant radio silence and the let's-be-mysterious-in-case-we-get-stuck-with-broken-promises-again approach, we're screwed, and it's all up to speculation, as usual. 

Nailed it. 

After Chinese I don't blame Axl for being gun shy with info. less they give means the less shit people can throw at them. NOW, I do think they could have done a written interview on GNR.com with Axl and Del discussing Absurd, why that song, what's next... they can control the narrative, so there is no reason for complete radio silence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nailed it. 

After Chinese I don't blame Axl for being gun shy with info. less they give means the less shit people can throw at them. NOW, I do think they could have done a written interview on GNR.com with Axl and Del discussing Absurd, why that song, what's next... they can control the narrative, so there is no reason for complete radio silence.

Absolutely! I consider this just another example of the black-or-white approach. Nobody forces them to make definite promises, announce dates etc. Just give the fans something, because what the band has been doing (i.e. nothing but touring) is not normal. But they wanna be mysterious and act as if the internet doesn't exist... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Just give the fans something, because what the band has been doing (i.e. nothing but touring) is not normal. But they wanna be mysterious and act as if the internet doesn't exist... 

Haha... who gets to say what's normal? Seriously, just let them do whatever they want. If you don't like their approach, fair enough, but maybe it's time to accept that and move on?

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Absolutely! I consider this just another example of the black-or-white approach. Nobody forces them to make definite promises, announce dates etc. Just give the fans something, because what the band has been doing (i.e. nothing but touring) is not normal. But they wanna be mysterious and act as if the internet doesn't exist... 

can we actually say they've been doing nothing but touring after the release of Absurd though? and Slash did talk about their plans for a new album numerous times in the interviews he's given. Fernando, if you consider him to be a part of it doesn't act like the internet doesn't exist either. We even got what I consider to be an important snippet of information from Beta on social media.

I would have preferred a more open approach and not 1 or 2 Axl interviews every 5 years but I think nowdays Axl only gives interviews when there is something substantial to talk about like the reunion for example, so only when he absolutely needs to do it it seems.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Haha... who gets to say what's normal? Seriously, just let them do whatever they want. If you don't like their approach, fair enough, but maybe it's time to accept that and move on?

Buddy, that's what I've been doing (or trying to anyway) for 20 years, but when you're following the band on a daily basis, sometimes you can't help yourself not to feel jaded and, above all, frustrated. That's why we vent such things here (and I believe this is the place to do so). But other times I'm positive, as long as there is something positive to say. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

can we actually say they've been doing nothing but touring after the release of Absurd though? and Slash did talk about their plans for a new album numerous times in the interviews he's given. Fernando, if you consider him to be a part of it doesn't act like the internet doesn't exist either. We even got what I consider to be an important snippet of information from Beta on social media.

I would have preferred a more open approach and not 1 or 2 Axl interviews every 5 years but I think nowdays Axl only gives interviews when there is something substantial to talk about like the reunion for example, so only when he absolutely needs to do it it seems.

Yes, and thanks to the Slash/Duff interviews, I'm positive the album is coming, as I've said. But as for TB, we've seen several times that that's not a very reliable source of information, even if it's probably not their fault, since Axl is the one at the helm (a more friendly approach to the fans on their part would be a different story, though). 
Again, there's clearly some keep-everything-absolutely-under-the-lid policy that concerns not only Axl but the remaining two as well. And I'm sure they could share at least some basic info without compromising anything. Oh well. 

Just now, jamillos said:

Buddy, that's what I've been doing (or trying to anyway) for 20 years, but when you're following the band on a daily basis, sometimes you can't help yourself not to feel jaded and, above all, frustrated. That's why we vent such things here (and I believe this is the place to do so). But other times I'm positive, as long as there is something positive to say. 

I get it... I don't like it either, but it is what it is, dude. Just take it easy and try to relax a bit, ya know? I mean, it's just a band. No reason to get so worked up about every day!

12 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Who gets to say what's normal.... I mean, the normal approach to releasing music is pretty well documented. Even the most notoriously private bands like AC/DC and Van Halen follow the normal way. That includes some form of media, whether it's pre-recorded interview segments uploaded to their youtube channel or doing full interviews with magazines. That's normal. 

Also... you are seriously missing the point of fan forums if you're saying "why are you talking about this? let them do whatever they want, move on if you don't like it".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Also... you are seriously missing the point of fan forums if you're saying "why are you talking about this? let them do whatever they want, move on if you don't like it".

Nah, I get it, but I see people vent so much on here every single day, and yes, this is the place to do it, but I wish they would just accept it by now that this is how it is instead of getting so worked up each time. If I can do it, I'm sure you can too.

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yes, and thanks to the Slash/Duff interviews, I'm positive the album is coming, as I've said. But as for TB, we've seen several times that that's not a very reliable source of information, even if it's probably not their fault, since Axl is the one at the helm (a more friendly approach to the fans on their part would be a different story, though). 
Again, there's clearly some keep-everything-absolutely-under-the-lid policy that concerns not only Axl but the remaining two as well. And I'm sure they could share at least some basic info without compromising anything. Oh well. 

I hear you, but Beta seems to be pretty reliable to me. Do you remember before Chinese got released that someone asked her if the album was done and her reply was something like "yeah it's done, everybody knows that" when no one really knew it?

yes the approach is total radio silence most of the time, zero risk. It's not fun to be kept in the dark but clearly there's nothing we can do about it. At least shit seems to be moving along.

I look at Gn'R and releases like a super constipated person with no access to laxatives. The intent is there, it's only a matter of time but it's painfully slow and you don't know when that sweet moment will arrive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I get it... I don't like it either, but it is what it is, dude. Just take it easy and try to relax a bit, ya know? I mean, it's just a band. No reason to get so worked up about every day!

Ha, I'm not worked up at all! If I took it this seriously, I'd have had several heart attacks by now. In fact, I was initially saying that the album (and HS) is coming imo, only that we get seldom info, if any, which sucks. Btw, I don't belong in any group of those constant negative Nellies; then again, neither in the group of sycophants who can't bear any criticism at all. Again, I call 'em like I see 'em. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I hear you, but Beta seems to be pretty reliable to me. Do you remember before Chinese got released that someone asked her if the album was done and her reply was something like "yeah it's done, everybody knows that" when no one really knew it?

yes the approach is total radio silence most of the time, zero risk. It's not fun to be kept in the dark but clearly there's nothing we can do about it. At least shit seems to be moving along.

I look at Gn'R and releases like a super constipated person with no access to laxatives. The intent is there, it's only a matter of time but it's painfully slow and you don't know when that sweet moment will arrive.

Don't remember exactly which convo that was, but the fact the album was pretty much done had been known since Axl's December 2006 letter. 
Yes, I'm grateful that at least it looks like something might be happening. My personal belief is most of the music was done during the 2018/19 downtimes - which, on the other hand, may be a hilarious idea to some (see? I'm positive in other aspects). 
The laxatives thing, hm... when you think 30 years back, it looked like laxatives were the only thing these guys were consuming! :D

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

:lol:

Just shit already. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Nah, I get it, but I see people vent so much on here every single day, and yes, this is the place to do it, but I wish they would just accept it by now that this is how it is instead of getting so worked up each time. If I can do it, I'm sure you can too.

You do however give out to people about this, A LOT! so maybe a spoonful of your own medicine? 

I hear your point, and GNR are just one band and one band that are very unlikely to change. But! it's kinda defeatist to accept things for being bleh! I'd rather complain and maybe people agree and that makes a larger voice that gets the ears of people who can implement some change. End of the day moaning a bit on a message board isn't hurting anyone! so like you said, relax.

• Like 4

Obviously we don't know the issue regarding the delay, but if Axl struggling to sing Hard Skool is a genuine reason, are there not some easier new songs on the slate?  I'm not really an expert the leaks - for a number of reasons - but aren't Going Down, Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged a bit less scream-oriented?