When will they debut Hard Skool?

When will they debut Hard Skool?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You do however give out to people about this, A LOT! so maybe a spoonful of your own medicine? 

I hear your point, and GNR are just one band and one band that are very unlikely to change. But! it's kinda defeatist to accept things for being bleh! I'd rather complain and maybe people agree and that makes a larger voice that gets the ears of people who can implement some change. End of the day moaning a bit on a message board isn't hurting anyone! so like you said, relax.

I was trying to give the fellow some friendly advice, because I see him venting so much on here. I meant well. You can bitch and moan about something you can't change anyway, or just accept it already and concentrate on what you do like and make it easy on yourself. And if you don't like anything, maybe it's time to move on. It's a bit curious to me why people are so stuck on the same issue all the time. 

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

People are actually talking with Creative Works London on Facebook in a GNR group. Apparently, the company is following GNR to Arizona, but they mentioned not to overthink anything when someone mentioned Hardschool, lol.

Where is that conversation? Can't find it

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

People are actually talking with Creative Works London on Facebook in a GNR group. Apparently, the company is following GNR to Arizona, but they mentioned not to overthink anything when someone mentioned Hardschool, lol.

I just hope the mixing of Hardschool is more listenable than Absurd. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I was trying to give the fellow some friendly advice, because I see him venting so much on here. I meant well. You can bitch and moan about something you can't change anyway, or just accept it already and concentrate on what you do like and make it easy on yourself. And if you don't like anything, maybe it's time to move on. It's a bit curious to me why people are so stuck on the same issue all the time. 

YOU are stuck on the issue of US being stuck on the issue. You are kinda oblivious🤣 

Nobody here is thinking about this stuff all day, they pop on write their comment and leave. There is life outside mygnr, but when we're here we take it serious and put the necesaary work in. It's not all fun n games!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

YOU are stuck on the issue of US being stuck on the issue. You are kinda oblivious🤣 

Nobody here is thinking about this stuff all day, they pop on write their comment and leave. There is life outside mygnr, but when we're here we take it serious and put the necesaary work in. It's not all fun n games!

To be fair, if I was stuck on that issue I'd be replying to posters like you 24/7. But I don't, just every now and then when I read the same complaint for the umpteenth time from a certain poster. I guess I shouldn't bother, but again... I was trying to give the guy some advice because he seemed really stressed out to me. Anyway, I understand what you say, but this band has always been this way and will always be this way. You'd expect someone to be intelligent enough to either accept it by now or move on. Complaining on an internet forum every fucking day is not going to change a damn thing and they should know that. But maybe it's therapy for some? So I'll give them that, and ignore it even more from now on. Okay?

Edited by EvanG
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

To be fair, if I was stuck on that issue I'd be replying to posters like you 24/7. But I don't, just every now and then when I read the same complaint for the umpteenth time from a certain poster. I guess I shouldn't bother, but again... I was trying to give the guy some advice because he seemed really stressed out to me. Anyway, I understand what you say, but this band has always been this way and will always be this way. You'd expect someone to be intelligent enough to either accept it by now or move on. Complaining on an internet forum every fucking day is not going to change a damn thing and they should know that. But maybe it's therapy for some? So I'll give them that, and ignore it even more from now on. Okay?

Once again, I originally started off with being very positive about HS and upcoming album. As for Axl’s voice, there’s a new thread, and since the condition is currently the worst it has been so far, someone is bound to mention that in the thread. And considering the whole thread is about it... I mean, let’s follow basic logic. And yes, sometimes it interferes with other threads too, because Axl’s voice is pretty much the most important element of them all, isn’t it? Anyway, this is not HTGTH and so we don’t have to pretend everything is peachy all the time. But if you only focus on the negative from people’s comments, you’ll end up thinking they’re negative all the time, which in my case just is not true, plain and simple. And I've already stated that. 
So to use your own words: relax... and move on. ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

Once again, I originally started off with being very positive about HS and upcoming album. As for Axl’s voice, there’s a new thread, and since the condition is currently the worst it has been so far, someone is bound to mention that in the thread. And considering the whole thread is about it... I mean, let’s follow basic logic. And yes, sometimes it interferes with other threads too, because Axl’s voice is pretty much the most important element of them all, isn’t it? Anyway, this is not HTGTH and so we don’t have to pretend everything is peachy all the time. But if you only focus on the negative from people’s comments, you’ll end up thinking they’re negative all the time, which in my case just is not true, plain and simple. And I've already stated that. 
So to use your own words: relax... and move on. ;)

I never said that, though. I quite like you as a poster. As far as I'm concerned you are not one of those posters who endlessly repeat themselves on here because then I would have probably put you on ignore already. But you seemed quite uptight in your last posts, so I tried to give some advice to not take it all so seriously. That's all. I don't mind people criticizing this band, that's what a forum is all about. Most of the criticism they receive is totally valid and I agree with a lot of the negativity as well. It just gets annoying when the same posters keep on repeating themselves in every thread. It's redundant. It's like groundhog day here sometimes! But I (finally) realize now that there's no point in reacting to it, because they don't get it anyway, and then it becomes just a waste of time.

• Like 1

I think it's not going to happen during this leg either. Vegas seemed like where all the stars would line up, to me, if it didn't happen there it wasn't going to be this leg. I feel like I'm back in 2019, wondering which show they would debate it during, only for it to never be shown. Maybe 2022.

HS is one of my favorites of the leaks. One of my favorite GNR songs, believe it or not (although I think the demo solo sucks ass, I understand it was an early demo). I just want to hear this as a single or even just live man. :(

Nah they wouldn’t be soundchecking it this much unless the plan was to play it soon. Maybe the plan has always been for Absurd to be the signature song for the first half of this leg and have HardSkool be the signature song for the second half of it (which technically starts this next show, actually). 

Fernando did also hint at vinyl production being slowed down due to covid. Maybe they’re planning to release HardSkool and Absurd as a split single, and want to wait until the vinyl is ready to go?

Either way, there’s a plan. There has to be…

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Nah they wouldn’t be soundchecking it this much unless the plan was to play it soon. Maybe the plan has always been for Absurd to be the signature song for the first half of this leg and have HardSkool be the signature song for the second half of it (which technically starts this next show, actually). 

Fernando did also hint at vinyl production being slowed down due to covid. Maybe they’re planning to release HardSkool and Absurd as a split single, and want to wait until the vinyl is ready to go?

Either way, there’s a plan. There has to be…

You've been here long enough to know better ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My last guess (and this isn't mine, it's a point someone else made a week ago or so) is Chicago. 

It's a Thursday night. So they could do the whole "this song comes out at midnight" bit again, plus the next day is the 30th anniversary of UYI. So it would be cool to have a single, at the very least, come out on that day. 

• Like 4

My guess would be the first Australia show, like how they kicked off the USA tour with Absurd.

Start the leg off with a bang and help stimulate ticket sales. 

Then if a Hard Skool / Absurd vinyl single is coming out get it available to pre-order straight away with a late November / early December release date.

A new GNR single on vinyl would shift big units around Christmas time.

Then drop the album pre-order on Christmas Day  :axl:  :slash:  :duff:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

My guess would be the first Australia show, like how they kicked off the USA tour with Absurd.

Start the leg off with a bang and help stimulate ticket sales. 

Then if a Hard Skool / Absurd vinyl single is coming out get it available to pre-order straight away with a late November / early December release date.

A new GNR single on vinyl would shift big units around Christmas time.

Then drop the album pre-order on Christmas Day  :axl:  :slash:  :duff:

If they play Australia with all the crazy lockdown shit going on there

Mexico too for that matter..

• Like 1