When will they debut Hard Skool?

When will they debut Hard Skool?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

Ah does it, that's hopefully a bit better than that awful soft melodic intro. I've not heard any of the Slash/Duff versions. Only the old Village leaks version. 

Yes it's definitely reworked, it sounds a bit like the VR Sucker Train Blues intro in a way, absolutely better than the old version

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes it's definitely reworked, it sounds a bit like the VR Sucker Train Blues intro in a way, absolutely better than the old version

Ah cool. Well that sounds hopeful like. I just had another listen to the version I do have and there's actually more I like than dislike. However the bits I dislike I REALLY dislike... if that makes sense! The melodic breakdown in the middle absolutely does not work in my opinion. However the wee guitar solo after second chorus is pretty nifty. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 12:29 PM, allwaystired said:

I always felt Hard School (Skool? I lose track!) felt a bit incomplete- like it was a quarter of a song played over 4 times. 

That makes sense to me actually.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:32 PM, 中国民主 said:

I love the Village intro because it shifts from a peaceful atmosphere in the very beginning to a darker/angrier one towards the 1st verse. It will be great to have another version anyway, but I'm definitely no fan of the intro I've heard on the rehearsal (Mexico 2020). 

Not heard the Mexico intro. But everything about that melodic intro annoys me! Totally 100% subjective of course and I have always preferred the heavier and darker side of GNR. 

2 hours ago, Cataclizm1 said:

Instagram says St Louis will be special…I can’t believe we’re finally getting Hard Skool tonight

well according to my HAЯDSKOOL METER it says a SPECIAL version of KOHD will be played tonight. Whole 1 hour version of it. There will even be a sing along with the crowd in the middle of it.

Should be fun for us here too, you can go grocery shopping and come back home streaming with Fortus just starting his solo. 

Hey, if you ain't Fortus you're against us :awesomeface:

• Haha 4

It will be played 7-31, 8-3, 8-5, 8-8 8-11, 8-13, 8-16, 8-19 8-22, 8-25, 8-27, 8-30, 9-1, 9-4 , 9-8, the 11th I can feel it :D the 11th is New Jersey, Bon Jovi is from New Jersey Axl used to hate Jon, so this would be a perfect time to release it. Also, New Jersey has an R and S in it. Hardskool has an R and and S in it. Could it be any more obvious?

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, fantomas said:

It will be played 7-31, 8-3, 8-5, 8-8 8-11, 8-13, 8-16, 8-19 8-22, 8-25, 8-27, 8-30, 9-1, 9-4 , 9-8, the 11th I can feel it :D the 11th is New Jersey, Bon Jovi is from New Jersey Axl used to hate Jon, so this would be a perfect time to release it. Also, New Jersey has an R and S in it. Hardskool has an R and and S in it. Could it be any more obvious?

Illuminati confirmed

• ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, klakly said:

Either HS, or KOHD (Reprise) followed by a new...................cover 😂 

Love the gnr name in the old Chinese writing style... I hope we get a comprehensive CD issue one day.  Funny as, @cindy on twitter responded with "Since I don't have you"..... So good, great response 

Edited by jimisbatman
Update
  • Haha 1