When will they debut Hard Skool?

When will they debut Hard Skool?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:36 PM, smokingarthur said:

Only in the bizarro GNR universe does a band who has reunited over 5 years ago, that hasn’t released an album in 13 years, that sold a tour originally under the guise of “The Next Chapter” then pretended that it hadn’t, released the worst GNR track ever recorded as a single, is unable to acknowledge a completion of an album or release date, has fans who believe something will change after 4 weeks that hasn’t already happened. 

+1  :lol:

Axl could perform Atlas Shrugged, State of Grace and Perhaps more easily than Hard Skool, those songs have less fast lyrics and the later two heavily feature his low voice. Don't know why he choose to make them rehearse that song which is the most difficult of the leaks to sing, maybe because it's the closest to the style of the original GNR.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Axl could perform Atlas Shrugged, State of Grace and Perhaps more easily than Hard Skool, those songs have less fast lyrics and the later two heavily feature his low voice. Don't know why he choose to make them rehearse that song which is the most difficult of the leaks to sing, maybe because it's the closest to the style of the original GNR.

I hope Atlas and State will stay in the vault, Hard Skool is a much better GnR tune, imo.

• Like 1

Apparently the new Slash album is out in February and he’s releasing a new single next month….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynews.com/2021/09/10/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-flies-in-from-concert-tour-for-universal-studios-halloween-horror-nights-opening/amp/

“Aside from returning to rock venues across the U.S. this year, Slash also revealed that there’s a fourth Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album in the can. The album will be released in February and the first single will be out next month.

“It’s really a rockin’ record and we recorded it in Nashville in the studio live with Dave Cobb producing it,” he added. “It’s just really rad.”

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Apparently the new Slash album is out in February and he’s releasing a new single next month….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynews.com/2021/09/10/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-flies-in-from-concert-tour-for-universal-studios-halloween-horror-nights-opening/amp/

“Aside from returning to rock venues across the U.S. this year, Slash also revealed that there’s a fourth Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album in the can. The album will be released in February and the first single will be out next month.

“It’s really a rockin’ record and we recorded it in Nashville in the studio live with Dave Cobb producing it,” he added. “It’s just really rad.”

Wow, he says this one is “rockin’”

Edited by ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

There goes any hope for a studio Hardskool or album release this year.

crash-burn.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There goes any hope for a studio Hardskool or album release this year.

crash-burn.gif

Yeah, it would seem so. Next summer at the earliest for a new album (assuming there even is one). I guess I can believe it since we’re dealing with Axl, but it’s so disappointing that 5 1/2 years into this reunion and the only fucking new (ish) song is Absurd. All those wasted years and they still don’t have the motivation or artistic integrity to release new music. Just playing the hits tour after overpriced tour like the complete legacy they now are. Sad as hell IMO

On 9/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, allwaystired said:

I always felt Hard School (Skool? I lose track!) felt a bit incomplete- like it was a quarter of a song played over 4 times. 

It wasn't a quarter, it was a third. Its just got three verses that sound all the same.

And it isn't spelled Hard School, it's spelled Absurd.

Edited by Free Bird

2 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah, it would seem so. Next summer at the earliest for a new album (assuming there even is one). I guess I can believe it since we’re dealing with Axl, but it’s so disappointing that 5 1/2 years into this reunion and the only fucking new (ish) song is Absurd. All those wasted years and they still don’t have the motivation or artistic integrity to release new music. Just playing the hits tour after overpriced tour like the complete legacy they now are. Sad as hell IMO

This is very fair in my opinion. I struggle to take GNR seriously now to be honest. Axl sounds pretty poor live, the band have broadly played the same set since 2016, and have managed to release 1 single which we all had heard before anyway... and mostly thought was shit! 

In the past 7 and a bit years Deep Purple have managed 3 albums and apparently have a fourth good to go soon. They are in their 70s. That Slash has released 2 solo albums since being back in GNR is pretty telling. Axl, in my opinion, has zero credibility as a recording artist and hasn't done for a long time.

I read in an article (of I don't remember which magazine) that the SMKC album will be released in February 2021, and in October they will release a single introducing it. I'd be curious to know, if true, how this all fits in with the GNR tour and an eventual HS release.

Come on guys is a Guns release really going to have to fit around Slash’s other band’s schedule? Personally, as with all things GnR, I think the record will come out when Axl finally decides he wants to release it. Problem is, will Axl ever feel that way? The buzz from Absurd has gone now. If we don’t see another single soon I guess we can forget about a new record 

57 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They haven’t rehearsed it since LA which was already a few weeks ago, as far as I know. The tour is over halfway over and I just don’t see it happening anymore.

Yeah Bottlerock was the halfway mark of the tour so if it doesn’t happen this weekend it’s probably a bust, unless the plan is to do it in Chicago or one of the Hollywood shows towards the very end as a “grand finale” of sorts. Doubt it, though.