When will they debut Hard Skool?

When will they debut Hard Skool?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

You're not the only one..  Everything I have heard of it has been pretty underwhelming..  Especially for all the hype some people on here give it.  I would rather have them try and make new music together.  If it sucks and they fail then at least they tried.  Better than them rehashing shitty songs that other people wrote.

Yeah I was in the same boat as yourself when it comes to the Village Leaks. Really not sure what the fuss was there if I'm honest. Also agree on your second point. Wait a minute... are you me!?! Or am I you?! Hmmmm.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 9:40 AM, papashaun said:

Am I the only one "Underwhelmed" by this song, and pretty much all of those Village Session leaks? 

Enough of updating 20 year old B-Sides and Demos in a vault....Slash and Duff are back in the band, surely along with Axl, they can put together new material worth listening to. 

But they can't do it without Izzy. 30 years of evidence to support this. 

• Like 2

Don't think they'll debut Hard School until Nov/Dec as they'll try keep all the emphasis on Absurd. Hope I'm wrong though.  I thought they would never release new music. Feels like the 2007/village leaks all over again. Such an exciting time to be a gnr fan

Edited by jimisbatman

12 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

There's a part of me that doubts Hard Skool will be released next,  nobody ever dreamed silkworms would drop like it did and this is GnR, after all.

Looking forward to hearing Quick song.

Quick Song is great, but the Buckethead leads must remain. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm hoping they play it tonight and Axl says it'll be out Friday. 

Hmmm, but do you think Axl can pull it off live right now? I'd say it's safer if he waits till his voice is at its best shape of the tour before debuting it. A ropey vocal performance of a new track could get GNR going viral for all the wrong reasons.

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Hmmm, but do you think Axl can pull it off live right now? I'd say it's safer if he waits till his voice is at its best shape of the tour before debuting it. A ropey vocal performance of a new track could get GNR going viral for all the wrong reasons.

Completely agree but I think the bigger question is "Will Axl ever be able to pull it off?"

No question if this were any time between 99-2010 but time makes fools of us all :lol:

6 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Completely agree but I think the bigger question is "Will Axl ever be able to pull it off?"

No question if this were any time between 99-2010 but time makes fools of us all :lol:

Well, quite. The little clip from the soundcheck in 2020 didn't sound too promising. Maybe he should lip-synch to a pre-recorded vocal for the first two or three performances of the song and then he can sound as shit as he likes once the rock press have reported on it.

Edited by Towelie

26 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl can't really pull off many songs right now......not trying to be mean, but it's just a fact. 

I feel like playing it live, then dropping the single with his original vocal would work out fine. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl can't really pull off many songs right now......not trying to be mean, but it's just a fact. 

I feel like playing it live, then dropping the single with his original vocal would work out fine. 

Do you think this is why absurd was first? Because it sounds arguably better live than in the studio?

6 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Do you think this is why absurd was first? Because it sounds arguably better live than in the studio?

That's a good theory, yeah. I mean, as with all things GN'R.....who knows, but it very well could be the case.

• Like 1