When will they debut Hard Skool?

When will they debut Hard Skool?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Axl will never be able to pull HS off live at this point. (unless he's really practiced and learned the song with his current voice, which is, ya know, unlikely) So either they play it live and release it or they don't. I personally think that we will be waiting a bit longer than people are thinking. 

Edited by Jw224

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's a good theory, yeah. I mean, as with all things GN'R.....who knows, but it very well could be the case.

I think they just wanted a rowdy guitar driven first single. Something that shows they're not afraid to take chances, however you feel about it.  Next single, likely HS, will be something a bit more "familiar" for GNR.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LlamaRenegade said:

My bet is on the song being performed Monday in Denver, then again on Thursday where Axl announces the release of the song at Midnight.

That makes most sense. Sort of like what happed with Absurd.

They do have a lot of concert dates to go through, so who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Either LA or Vegas! I'm going for LA and single gets released in September. My bet!

That would be cool, with an album in late November! :D

• Like 2

Isn't it kind of weird that many of us are anticipating to hear a new single from Guns N' Roses within hopefully just a few months? A single of a song we have only heard a demo from '99, but now with Slash and Duff added? Many GN'R fans have never been in this situation before, and even us old-timers haven't experienced it often, or we have to go back to the 90s to remember it. Crazy. All this waiting without having any clue when new music might arrive and now it is likely just around the corner.  

• Like 3

Just now, RussTCB said:

My whole world has been upside down since the moment @ZoSoRosesent me a text saying they just played Absurd.

Then things got worse once Axl said it was being released at midnight. Then things got even worse when they actually released it. 

I'll tell you rhe same thing I told my wife on Friday: "I'm just not sure how to react when GN'R does something right. It's not the natural state a GN'R fan is used to living in" 

Oh, don't you worry, they will soon do something incredibly wrong to make up for it. 

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 2

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My whole world has been upside down since the moment @ZoSoRosesent me a text saying they just played Absurd.

Then things got worse once Axl said it was being released at midnight. Then things got even worse when they actually released it. 

I'll tell you rhe same thing I told my wife on Friday: "I'm just not sure how to react when GN'R does something right. It's not the natural state a GN'R fan is used to living in" 

Whenever I see a post asking what people think will happen next, I really don't have a clear answer in my own mind.  They released Absurd (Silkworms) totally redone with Slash & Duff.  I could say something like "I'm sure they'll release Hard Skool next soonish." But fuck, who knows now.  They could just as easily drop The General just for laughs. That's basically where we're at.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm hoping they play it tonight and Axl says it'll be out Friday. 

Don’t think they’ll play it before it releases, as they probably want people’s first impressions of it to be as positive as possible, and it’s not an easy song to sing like Absurd is. My guess is it’ll drop out of nowhere on 12am ET Friday and then they’ll play it later that night since they have a show that day.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Isn't it kind of weird that many of us are anticipating to hear a new single from Guns N' Roses within hopefully just a few months? A single of a song we have only heard a demo from '99, but now with Slash and Duff added? Many GN'R fans have never been in this situation before, and even us old-timers haven't experienced it often, or we have to go back to the 90s to remember it. Crazy. All this waiting without having any clue when new music might arrive and now it is likely just around the corner.  

It really feels that way, like, it's definately coming and rather sooner than later. Super weird. Absurd. We're definately not used to these feels lol. But who knows. 

• ABSUЯD 3

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Don’t think they’ll play it before it releases, as they probably want people’s first impressions of it to be as positive as possible, and it’s not an easy song to sing like Absurd is. My guess is it’ll drop out of nowhere on 12am ET Friday and then they’ll play it later that night since they have a show that day.

I hope you're right, since it basically means they can drop it whenever at this point.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It really feels that way, like, it's definately coming and rather sooner than later. Super weird. Absurd. We're definately not used to these feels lol. But who knows. 

I'm hoping Absurd is sign that, despite our woes, old Axl still has a couple tricks up his sleeve. If time proves that to be the case, I'll feel even better about listening to Absurd 9 million times this past week. :facepalm:

23 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Welp, Beta just confirmed an album on Instagram. :lol:

"Too bad that you felt disrespected. I guarantee you 100% that this wasn't the intention; but nevertheless, this song is part of the cd [disc/album]. Enjoy your day".

DQht8pe.jpg

I'd heard about this but hadn't seen the screencap. Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I'd heard about this but hadn't seen the screencap. Thanks! 

Man, an album.  I know we've discussed it....a lot....but we've also talked about UFOs quite a bit lately and I feel like one is about to land in front of my house. :o

• ABSUЯD 1

6 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Man, an album.  I know we've discussed it....a lot....but we've also talked about UFOs quite a bit lately and I feel like one is about to land in front of my house. :o

I think it's best if it all forget about it until it actually happens lol

having said that, wouldn't it be amazing if the whole album dropped in 2 days?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1