When will they debut Hard Skool?

When will they debut Hard Skool?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I have a lot of doubts that they will bring out another single tonight. If I had to bet something, I would say October 7 in Mexico. Two months between singles fits. Now it's still too early, and they still have to "pluck" Absurd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, klakly said:

Personally, I have a lot of doubts that they will bring out another single tonight. If I had to bet something, I would say October 7 in Mexico. Two months between singles fits. Now it's still too early, and they still have to "pluck" Absurd.

I think it depends whether there's an album coming or not. If they're dropping an album, two weeks between lead singles leading up to its release is pretty standard. If there's no album, they'll probably want to spread it out.

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Penso che dipenda dal fatto che ci sia un album in arrivo o meno. Se stanno rilasciando un album, due settimane tra i singoli principali che portano alla sua uscita sono piuttosto standard. Se non c'è un album, probabilmente vorranno distribuirlo.

May be. Maybe I have this feeling because, here in Italy, it's very rare for artists to release 2 singles at such a short distance, album out or not. But then, it's Guns...It can be all or nothing with them. Who knows, we'll see soon, I guess 🤞

1 minute ago, Underhardy said:

Do you know any other songs that we have clips of them rehearsing multiple times, with vocals too? Don’t be a dumbass

Huh? It was a genuine question, dumbass!

I'm not saying it's not likely, but I hadn't heard any clip of Absurd either and they surprised us with that. We don't know what's going on in rehearsals, except for rehearsals/soundchecks before a gig, so it wouldn't be that surprising if they dropped another song first.

7 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Do you know any other songs that we have clips of them rehearsing multiple times, with vocals too? Don’t be a dumbass

Absurd/silkworms came out of the blue, so why cant another song do the same?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

With GnR? And then they released Absurd...

HS was on the alt. setlist next to Absurd and they rehearsed it with Axl. It at least makes you wonder but I agree, anything is possible. My guess is it's going to be HS but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a different tune that is going to be released next, if that's the plan.

Edited by Rovim

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

HS was on the alt. setlist next to Absurd and they rehearsed it with Axl. It at least makes you wonder but I agree, anything is possible. My guess is it's going to be HS but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a different tune that is going to be released next, if that's the plan.

That's all I meant, I think HS makes the most sense and is the most likely, but there was so much HS talk before on this forum and then they released Absurd, and now everyone is talking about HS again, but it wouldn't totally surprise me if it's yet again another song. This is GnR after all.

• Like 1

Hard Skool is so interesting. Why did it show up in the alt list in 2019, right after the leaks? Did they rush it because they were provoked by the leaks? Was it just a dumb coincidence?  Why has it been the bitch of the set so long? Why was it soundchecked with Axl in 2020 only to lead to nothing? Why did Absurd take priority in 2021 when all signs pointed to HS? Is there an album? Was it planned for release in 2020? Is Absurd easier to sing live so HS gets to sit in pain forever when it’s an underrated tune that should be heard? Is HS over now? Is HS happening next month? Tonight? Next year?

This fucking band!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Hard Skool is so interesting. Why did it show up in the alt list in 2019, right after the leaks? Did they rush it because they were provoked by the leaks? Was it just a dumb coincidence?  Why has it been the bitch of the set so long? Why was it soundchecked with Axl in 2020 only to lead to nothing? Why did Absurd take priority in 2021 when all signs pointed to HS? Is there an album? Was it planned for release in 2020? Is Absurd easier to sing live so HS gets to sit in pain forever when it’s an underrated tune that should be heard? Is HS over now? Is HS happening next month? Tonight? Next year?

This fucking band!

I feel your pain brother, but ya gotta just accept the things you cannot change and hope for the best with this band. 

• ABSUЯD 1

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I would love it if we get a re run of the way Absurd went down. Play HS tonight, then announce it'll be out at midnight. 

Unlikely, but it would be very cool. 

How cool would it be if they did this for the entire album, one song at a time? Has any band done this?

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

How cool would it be if they did this for the entire album, one song at a time? Has any band done this?

It would be awesome and I don't think any artist has done something like that. 

Let’s be real- no rock song is going to sweep any mainstream radio in 2021. That being said, I’m sure Hard School would do better out of principle of just being a better song. The reception would be extremely positive.

• Like 2

I don’t know why anyone cares if they debut it live… axls probably sang it 3 times since he recorded the vocals 23 years ago

he will butcher it and no one other is on this forum will give a shit.

release it proper