ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

So many people who do not like this song seem to be horribly overreacting to it in my opinion. To me, Axl's comments and the whole surprise release of this song was just a statement to expect new stuff. Sort of like how, a few years back, Weezer posted a cover version of another Toto song before finally releasing "Africa". I am thinking the band has people where they want them. 

In a year, when (more than likely) nothing at all has happened, I will probably be touch more salty, but until then, I'm enjoying the absurdity of the whole thing as well as how a D-list twenty-year old unreleased outtake single-handedly re-ignited this community. Obviously, I am not dictating whether or not you should like or dislike the song. I fall "meh" on it. It does not bug me at all, and I've already added it to my "main" playlist and certainly won't mind hearing it in the future. I will admit that "Oh My God" and "Shackler's Revenge" both appealed to me a lot more initially. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Slash hasn’t mentioned Absurd at all in his social media and he has posted today about other random stuff. Wonder if he’s not a big fan of this or if there is tension regarding the strategy (if there is one ha) of what’s to come. 

Slash also doesn't follow Guns N Roses and Myles Kennedy on Instagram. I don't think he puts too much thought into it, just wants to post some boobs and fucked up shit sometimes.

20 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Is anyone else finding themselves listening to it over and over again even tho you don't consider it a good song?

Yeah,guilty .Grew on me a hair with headphones on.It’s kind of a straightforward rocker (reminds me a bit of omg).The lyrics are pretty juvenile but guess when a song title is Absurd that is part  of the point

8 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Slash hasn’t mentioned Absurd at all in his social media and he has posted today about other random stuff. Wonder if he’s not a big fan of this or if there is tension regarding the strategy (if there is one ha) of what’s to come. 

I think only duff posted it. Meegan shared it though. I haven’t seen anything from Frank, dizzy, or Fortus but could be wrong

8 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

That is a bit weird unless there's some sort of agreement not to promote. I can't think what reason that would be but it's a bit like the absence of interviews or appearances featuring both Axl and Slash.

Have any other band members done promotion on their own SM?

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He should be fucking ashamed....

I mean maybe…but we have no clue if he’s even a fan of the decision to release this song first. He could’ve added guitar to numerous older demos/ brought in new tunes and Axl/TB decided on their own to go with this release strategy.  Maybe he’s checking out again and that’s why he announced his new solo album for early next year right when this tour was basically starting…🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

That is a bit weird unless there's some sort of agreement not to promote. I can't think what reason that would be but it's a bit like the absence of interviews or appearances featuring both Axl and Slash.

Have any other band members done promotion on their own SM?

For "Absurd" specifically? Duff tweeted about it last night. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

I mean maybe…but we have no clue if he’s even a fan of the decision to release this song first. He could’ve added guitar to numerous older demos/ brought in new tunes and Axl/TB decided on their own to go with this release strategy.  Maybe he’s checking out again and that’s why he announced his new solo album for early next year right when this tour was basically starting…🤷‍♂️

He should check out asap.. But he sold his soul already... 

I heard it at Fenway and was left shocked and had no clue what to think. Came home listened on YouTube and finally heard more of the lyrics and was left even more shocked

i listened at release last night and it grew on me. Especially brains drumming. Dudes a monster on drums. No way Adler could play this with the same feel. It really drives the song 

whoever is playing bass has some awesome leads added in. Bass tone in general is great and also drives the song 

some stuff guitar wise fits. The end kinda just cuts out awkwardly and doesn’t “finish”. The first solo goes over the lyrics by about a beat. 

listened in my car on the way to work at 7 am and was half asleep, certainly woke me up!

listened again on the way home and was left with a “it’s not terrible but I wonder how many times I skip it on shuffle in a few weeks”. It’s certainly grown on me tho 

It’s a great song live. I bet festival crowds in Europe go nuts over how heavy it is being a rock. 

the only questions I have are who for sure is on guitar (and what parts), and who’s on bass. I also kinda wonder what Izzy is thinking right about now. I’m sure he heard the original at some point 

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

He should check out asap.. But he sold his soul already... 

I'll take your argument at face value, but wouldn't contributing to a new, very out-of-left-field song be less selling out than playing the same set list, night after night, from 2016 until 2021 while becoming visibly more bored with it each night? It just seems very reactionary to call this the "ultimate sell-out" for playing on a song that obviously make his bandmate happy - possibly as a teaser for even more material - when Slash has been pretty much been doing "sell-out" stuff since, at the very least, the 2010s. And I say that lovingly, I love Slash being a huge personality and presence. 

20 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Slash posted Absurd in his Facebook page 13hs ago... 

Sin-t-tulo.png

Edited by duffgnr86
pic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ABSUЯD 1