ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

8 minutes ago, duffgnr86 said:

Slash posted Absurd in his Facebook page 13hs ago... 

Sin-t-tulo.png

Okay, I only looked at Twitter and Instagram. Still seems kinda odd that one wouldn’t at least retweet/regram the official GNR post/link about Absurd out to their millions of followers considering their currently active on those sites. 

6 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Okay, I only looked at Twitter and Instagram. Still seems kinda odd that one wouldn’t at least retweet/regram the official GNR post/link about Absurd out to their millions of followers considering their currently active on those sites. 

neither did Richard, Melissa, Frank, Dizzy nor AXL 

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

However one many feel about Slash playing on something like this (I don't agree with the "selling out" sentiment and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was among the CD leftovers he dug the most), he sounds awesome on it. Probably the best he has sounded on a recording in years, and that says something.

That's what I've tried to tell certain fans since forever and a day. 

Slash is more open minded about new directions than many of his Fans think. That goes back to the Tokyo Drift soundtrack from Brian Tyler and continues with Absurd. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

I actually really dig this song and always kind of did…the chorus riff is killer.

There’s a fair amount of unreleased songs that just flat out disappointed me, including Hard School (was better as a 20 second clip that we ruminated on for years) and Atlas Shrugged (just yuck…poorly written song that never gets off the ground).

Silkworms has that kind of pure rock vibe to it that outside of Rhiad and CD (title track), is just missing from this lot of material. 

On another note, remember back in ‘06 when HisRoyalSweetness crashed Axl’s after party and got him to talk a bit about Silkworms? Apparently, it was his former GF Sasha’s favorite song and Axl’s quote was that Bucket’s solo on that song would “blow us all away.” 

What an ending this wound up being. Eat my Silkworms!

Edited by appetite4illusions

39 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash also doesn't follow Guns N Roses and Myles Kennedy on Instagram. I don't think he puts too much thought into it, just wants to post some boobs and fucked up shit sometimes.

I think Axl and Slash just had straight up talk about what GnR is nowadays - a pretty solid and profitable retirement plan. The new album is a boost in sales for merch and touring. 

That was by far the most entertaining GNR week since 2016 at least. We had Axl sounding good at the soundcheck in hershey, the band rehearsed Hardskool, then Axl sucked at the actual Hershey gig. Three days later they debut Absurd and end up releasing it today. All within one fucking week! That’s more action then in the whole of 2018 and 2019 together. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Not an insider and never claimed to be one. Always hated those self serving individuals who want to take credit for posting shit..blah blah...blah..I’m just fortunate enough to be around some amazing company because of the work that I do and I’m in a trusted, close knit group where people talk. I got into trouble in 2016 when I specifically posted about the MetLife shows before they were announced so I pick and choose my battles now. 

Honest to god this is how it went down last night. When Axl announced that Absurd was dropping at midnight both my friend and I looked at each other in shock because we were both told the first single was going to be Hardschool. Absurd, IMO was a horrible choice. However, maybe they are going to officially label Hardschool as the first “single” for the new album.There hasn’t been any mention of singles yet. They are just promoting this as a “new fn’ song” also cringeworthy.  And no, I don’t know the name but I think many of us know that “Reloaded” has been thrown around.

Regarding the album I, along with multiple others was told it was going to come out last year. The writing was all over the place. Hellen Keller could have seen it coming. COVID did indeed fuck that up. It’s been recorded and finished. Highly confident it’s this year. Am I saying I know for certain? No. But I’ll trust what I’m currently seeing and hearing. As always, let’s see what happens.  

And lastly, TB is god awfully abysmal as a management company for literally the biggest band in the world. 

I remember back in 2010/2011 Reloaded was a rumored title too, when we started learning the details about all the Azoff drama.

id be fine with that name. Generic, but passable.

• GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, fantomas said:

I'm not asking for a rehash of AFD or UYI. I like it when bands evolve. Hell, two of my favorites are Nine Inch Nails and Faith No More, two bands who consistently reinvent themselves.

But Absurd doesn't feel like a reinvention, it's the same thing we've been hearing since 1999. If anything this is more of the same and it's from an era that the vast majority of fans view as a pretty major blip on their record. I like a lot of Chinese Democracy (TWAT, Street and Madagascar are epic) , but there's also a lot of crap on there. Much like UYI 1 and 2. I don't know if you were around in 2001, but Silkworms was crucified, and I mean CRUCIFIED by hardcore and casual fans. It was universally loathed. GnR hasn't had enough studio output to go off the rails so much. If they were putting out an album every two or three years, you could forgive a wobble. or two. God knows most bands have them. Axl treats studio releases almost with contempt. His attitude towards music and fans is the exact reason why the leaks became as popular as they did. Fans desperately wanted new music, myself included. But this desperation overshadowed the quality of the music.

The fact that this is the first new track we've heard since 2008, and that it's a rework of a hated song, shows the band just does not give a fuck. And when the band doesn't give a fuck, it's hard for the fans to. If I were still 18, maybe I'd still be impressed by their fuck you attitude. But I'm not. The music is alright, but the lyrics are infantile and embarrassing. Will I give a new album a chance? Certainly. I won't judge music I haven't heard. I actually really like Hard School. But I want to hear new collaborative ideas. I don't want Slash photoshopped on top of 20 year old songs that are best left forgotten. This isn't progress, this is treading water and Axl is laughing at us.

Not giving a fuck is the most GNR thing to be honest. That's one aspect what I like around the thing with the new song. 

Edited by georbits
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

I remember back in 2010/2011 Reloaded was a rumored title too, when we started learning the details about all the Azoff drama.

id be fine with that name. Generic, but passable.

Exactly. I mean, it fits. Either that or they just call it “Guns N’ Roses”  What else would you call the new album? I remember that whole Legend of the Red Panda horse shit that was being thrown around.

Dealing with this band has aged me well beyond my years 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuckin' love this song!!! What are the notable changes from Silkworms

Chorus change- used to be 'what can I do with a bitch like you' 

Are the rest of the lyrics the same?

Is this a complete re-recording or just the old version tinkered with a Slash solo, does anyone know?

This should have been on CD. Definitely ahead of Rhiad. 

Edited by NEU-YORK

5 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Exactly. I mean, it fits. Either that or they just call it “Guns N’ Roses”  What else would you call the new album? I remember that whole Legend of the Red Panda horse shit that was being thrown around.

Dealing with this band has aged me well beyond my years 

Yeah I’d also be fine with self-titled or GnFnR or something.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

57 minutes ago, fantomas said:

I'm not asking for a rehash of AFD or UYI. I like it when bands evolve. Hell, two of my favorites are Nine Inch Nails and Faith No More, two bands who consistently reinvent themselves.

But Absurd doesn't feel like a reinvention, it's the same thing we've been hearing since 1999. If anything this is more of the same and it's from an era that the vast majority of fans view as a pretty major blip on their record. I like a lot of Chinese Democracy (TWAT, Street and Madagascar are epic) , but there's also a lot of crap on there. Much like UYI 1 and 2. I don't know if you were around in 2001, but Silkworms was crucified, and I mean CRUCIFIED by hardcore and casual fans. It was universally loathed. GnR hasn't had enough studio output to go off the rails so much. If they were putting out an album every two or three years, you could forgive a wobble. or two. God knows most bands have them. Axl treats studio releases almost with contempt. His attitude towards music and fans is the exact reason why the leaks became as popular as they did. Fans desperately wanted new music, myself included. But this desperation overshadowed the quality of the music.

The fact that this is the first new track we've heard since 2008, and that it's a rework of a hated song, shows the band just does not give a fuck. And when the band doesn't give a fuck, it's hard for the fans to. If I were still 18, maybe I'd still be impressed by their fuck you attitude. But I'm not. The music is alright, but the lyrics are infantile and embarrassing. Will I give a new album a chance? Certainly. I won't judge music I haven't heard. I actually really like Hard School. But I want to hear new collaborative ideas. I don't want Slash photoshopped on top of 20 year old songs that are best left forgotten. This isn't progress, this is treading water and Axl is laughing at us.

Couldn't have said it better myself. They don't give a fuck. None of them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Not an insider and never claimed to be one. Always hated those self serving individuals who want to take credit for posting shit..blah blah...blah..I’m just fortunate enough to be around some amazing company because of the work that I do and I’m in a trusted, close knit group where people talk. I got into trouble in 2016 when I specifically posted about the MetLife shows before they were announced so I pick and choose my battles now. 

Honest to god this is how it went down last night. When Axl announced that Absurd was dropping at midnight both my friend and I looked at each other in shock because we were both told the first single was going to be Hardschool. Absurd, IMO was a horrible choice. However, maybe they are going to officially label Hardschool as the first “single” for the new album.There hasn’t been any mention of singles yet. They are just promoting this as a “new fn’ song” also cringeworthy.  And no, I don’t know the name but I think many of us know that “Reloaded” has been thrown around.

Regarding the album I, along with multiple others was told it was going to come out last year. The writing was all over the place. Hellen Keller could have seen it coming. COVID did indeed fuck that up. It’s been recorded and finished. Highly confident it’s this year. Am I saying I know for certain? No. But I’ll trust what I’m currently seeing and hearing. As always, let’s see what happens.  

And lastly, TB is god awfully abysmal as a management company for literally the biggest band in the world. 

Love reading shit like this. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1