ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

This song is mixed like absolute dogshit, I blamed it on youtube, then got the iTunes version.. (which you can't find with the song name easily because the R is backwards.. really) It seems Axl is out of time too, which might be artistic choice... but the wrong one.

The bass sounds like ass.

Did Fernando mix this...?

Edited by Giblet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

In all sincerity, regardless of how bad I think it is, Guns releasing this song as their first song with Slash and Axl together in however many years it’s been is the most punk thing they’ve done in a long time.  It’s a huge Fuck You because they know damn well it’s waaaaaaaaay beyond the norm for what people would have expected.  

I think it’s safe to say the reworked Hardschool (sorry I can’t bring myself to type it with the K” will fare better with the general public. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, NEU-YORK said:

Fuckin' love this song!!! What are the notable changes from Silkworms

Chorus change- used to be 'what can I do with a bitch like you' 

Are the rest of the lyrics the same?

Is this a complete re-recording or just the old version tinkered with a Slash solo, does anyone know?

This should have been on CD. Definitely ahead of Rhiad. 

This is all fuck you to Pittman , shouldn't have used samples on rhiad 🤣

So as others have pointed out here already, Absurd was released as an internet single, but not as a physical single or a radio single. So my guess is HardSkool will still be the first “real” single sent to radio and it’ll get a physical release with Absurd as the b-side. This is exactly how they handled Shackler’s and the title track of ChiDem. Shackler’s came out first exclusively on rock band 2 with no album announcement whatsoever. Then a few weeks later ChiDem (the song) followed and was sent to radio and given a physical release with Shackler’s as the b-side (in some markets) and was tied directly into an album announcement.

We’re in the endgame now…

• Like 2

This isn’t a “single” because it’s beyond radio airplay. The pure vulgarity of the song goes against commercial marketability.

Honestly, if I had to guess, I think Axl sat Slash and Duff down, had them listen to the majority of the Chinese material and asked them which ones they responded to…as out and out “rockers,” it only makes sense to me that they chose a song with a pure rock vibe to it. In other words - I bet Slash and Duff helped select this song because they know that people expect “rockers” from them and not mid-tempo ballads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I absolutely hated OMG for years. Somewhere along the line it clicked and became one of my favorite GN'R songs. 

Yeah. I hated it bad at first too. I couldn't accept that it sounded different to the rest. I guess time moves on and you realise it's the bands who never change that suck. 

• ABSUЯD 1

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Also #7 on the overall charts, charting between all the Ed Sheeran The Weeknd Justin Bieber etc., lmao. What a time to be alive.

A song written by Chris Pitman. Back in the big time!

• ABSUЯD 2

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Also #7 on the overall charts, charting between all the Ed Sheeran The Weeknd Justin Bieber etc., lmao. What a time to be alive.

Odd. I’ve refreshed several times and it still shows #25 song in rock and buried deep on overall 

Deep in his heart Axl knew this was GNRs next top 10 smash, that's why he never gave up on it for 20 years.

1 minute ago, GS67 said:

Odd. I’ve refreshed several times and it still shows #25 song in rock and buried deep on overall 

I'm viewing it here

https://kworb.net/ww//

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

A song written by Chris Pitman. Back in the big time!

Can you imagine the worth of the really expensive towel Axl would have gifted him if he was still in the band?

32 minutes ago, downzy said:

Do they?

They’re near 60 year old millionaires with a legacy that’s not likely to change at this point.

The worry or concern about them winning over new fans with new music is kind of pointless at this point. They’re not going to be winning over the young kids anymore. They are who they are at this point. And while they’re not presently crushing ticket sales, they’re not at risk of relying on some of the tricks other bands of their era employ to make money through live music.

They’ll be fine whether their new offerings appeals to a broader audience or not. Their moment in the sun of relevance has long past. I think most of them know that. So they’re having fun doing what they can while they can still do it.   

I feel like that is giving up though. Wouldn't the greater challenge/reward be regaining relevance just to show you can? I feel that is the GNR way. 

• Like 1