ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

6 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

It's on the BMI and PRS database in the UK. Also now showing up on a few sites like Genius:
https://genius.com/Guns-n-roses-absud-lyrics

Those aren't the official writing credits, I made the Genius page when the song was performed at Fenway and guessed at the credits based on what Axl said in 2001. The song doesn't show up when I search it in the BMI database, but I am in the US. Could you send a screenshot?

3 minutes ago, fantomas said:

I feel like that is giving up though. Wouldn't the greater challenge/reward be regaining relevance just to show you can? I feel that is the GNR way. 

Agreed. Also Legacy isn’t a constant unchangeable thing…Their current legacy as a great rock band is clouded over with a “what could’ve been” vibe…well coming back and kicking ass when you’re 56-59 years old and making up for lost time sounds pretty fucking rock n roll to me. Actually trying is surely better than accepting the status quo and basically giving up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fantomas said:

I feel like that is giving up though. Wouldn't the greater challenge/reward be regaining relevance just to show you can? I feel that is the GNR way. 

The biggest thing to gain relevance in 2021 would be to release a biopic on Netflix like Motley Crue did. But Slash has already said no to that.

8 minutes ago, Dean said:

Truly a beautiful sight.

image.png.5f37144b73a777593217ef5d3e752afc.png

When we get a Pitman guest appearance before Izzy :lol:

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

When we get a Pitman guest appearance before Izzy :lol:

I do wonder what Axl's thoughts were on the whole Pitman scandal. Pitman was obviously being a dick, then probably upset the camp by attempting to sue Axl, but at the end of the day, he was an integral part in the creation of an album Axl spent a good portion of his life labouring over

11 minutes ago, Dean said:

I do wonder what Axl's thoughts were on the whole Pitman scandal. Pitman was obviously being a dick, then probably upset the camp by attempting to sue Axl, but at the end of the day, he was an integral part in the creation of an album Axl spent a good portion of his life labouring over

I don't think Axl have a lot of problems with Pitman even after the lawsuit... I belive, if I'm not mistaken, the biggest problem with Pitman was with Duff/Slash and the whole nostalgia thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

I don't think Axl have a lot of problems with Pitman even after the lawsuit... I belive, if I'm not mistaken, the biggest problem with Pitman was with Duff/Slash and the whole nostalgia thing

Well they put a fucking stop to that, by playing his fucking song!

3 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Yeah, he contradicted himself from what he was saying over the years. He once made the claim that a band like GN'R don't need to release albums. Seeing the series of tweets when he appeared to be intoxicated was cringeworthy as fuck.

• Like 1

I'm fine with an album that has 50% CDII and 50% new ideas. As long as the CDII stuff is really, really good... then I don't see an issue. It'd be a good compromise for everyone involved. I'm kind of hoping this song is the stinker of the possibly future album. Hell, it may not even be on the album at all. Think about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Okay, I only looked at Twitter and Instagram. Still seems kinda odd that one wouldn’t at least retweet/regram the official GNR post/link about Absurd out to their millions of followers considering their currently active on those sites. 

Meghan did on her Instagram too.