ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

GNR is such a huge band at this point and have been gone for so long they basically released a slightly better "My World" and it charted in the top 10. People are so hungry for new music from this band they could release a recording of Axl and Slash trying to see who can rip the biggest fart and it would chart.

• Haha 3

Just now, Ak1nney said:

I'm fine with an album that has 50% CDII and 50% new ideas. As long as the CDII stuff is really, really good... then I don't see an issue. It'd be a good compromise for everyone involved. I'm kind of hoping this song is the stinker of the possibly future album. Hell, it may not even be on the album at all. Think about that.

My selection for CDII would be 

(Songs out of order) 

Absurd 

Hard School 

Oklahoma 

Atlas Shrugged 

Perhaps 

The General 

State of Grace

D Tune

Quick Song 

Me & My Elvis aka Soul Monster 

5 minutes ago, Carne_asaDA said:

This song reminds me so much of How Bazarre by OMC. 😆

I wish I didn't have the same lingering thought.  Not when I directly listen to the song, but couple mins later, wondering if I was just listening to "Silkworms" or "How Bizarre"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Also #7 on the overall charts, charting between all the Ed Sheeran The Weeknd Justin Bieber etc., lmao. What a time to be alive.

This chart position is amazing given I would consider this a C-side song................... at best.  We can assume that an album is coming which I'm excited about

What’s extremely surprising about this track is:-

The regular posters on here who I’d put money on HATING this….but actually liking it?!

The regular posters on here who I’d put money on LIKING this….but actually hating it?!

Venturing out to other websites who are extremely scathing about stuff in general and finding a fairly even split of likes and dislikes of the track.

ABSURD

• ABSUЯD 4

14 minutes ago, Higson95 said:

I want an authentic album.. a new album recorded as such, don't give me scraps from the trash 20 years ago. new means new to me, i want to see where they are artistically and performance-wise and make my judgement on that. 

amen... honestly I don't mind them working on some of Axl's ideas but this was just terrible.. Not only is it a terrible song but the fact that it is the first single and Slash and Duff have no creative input and are just playing their replacements parts makes it worse..

It has all the terrible aspects of CD in it.. Terrible mix.. Over produced.. Stupid samples.. That slow part is horrific..  They could have made it decent by re-doing it completely and changing some things to give it more of a Guns N' Roses vibe but they didn't...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's only one word for it

INCREDIBLE 

One might say it's ABSURD, lol

You have to admit it's a hell of a troll by Axl. The song title perfectly describes the reaction of a casual fan to this song. Imagine if My World was released as a single in 1991. That's pretty much what we got here with Absurd. Very ballsy move, and pretty damn funny. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

amen... honestly I don't mind them working on some of Axl's ideas but this was just terrible.. Not only is it a terrible song but the fact that it is the first single and Slash and Duff have no creative input and are just playing their replacements parts makes it worse..

It has all the terrible aspects of CD in it.. Terrible mix.. Over produced.. Stupid samples.. That slow part is horrific..  They could have made it decent by re-doing it completely and changing some things to give it more of a Guns N' Roses vibe but they didn't...

It just stinks of a chicken coop mate 🤦‍♂️😂😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

What’s extremely surprising about this track is:-

The regular posters on here who I’d put money on HATING this….but actually liking it?!

The regular posters on here who I’d put money on LIKING this….but actually hating it?!

Venturing out to other websites who are extremely scathing about stuff in general and finding a fairly even split of likes and dislikes of the track.

ABSURD

It’s very Lou Reed. You’re going to feel something about it 

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Could not have said it better....thank you!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

GNR is such a huge band at this point and have been gone for so long they basically released a slightly better "My World" and it charted in the top 10. People are so hungry for new music from this band they could release a recording of Axl and Slash trying to see who can rip the biggest fart and it would chart.

Do you think the song will have legs? It is the first song with Slash and Axl in 30 years of course it is going to get an enormous amount of clicks and streams.. Hell, my 71 year old Uncle checked it out.  Aside from the cult CD fans on here though (and the censored comments on the official youtube page), the majority of the feedback seems pretty negative..

• Confused 1

Ultimately I dont think it holds a candle to hard school.

However for how many years have we been asking for new songs from the guys?

I know its not technically a new song but its unreleased in any form and most of the general public will think its literally new so no difference really.

At least the band have finally shown they have *intentions* of moving forward. Something which even a few weeks ago most on here thought of as absurd!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The biggest thing to gain relevance in 2021 would be to release a biopic on Netflix like Motley Crue did. But Slash has already said no to that.

Hard to take Slash seriously when he's happy adding guitars to 20+ year old songs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Do you think the song will have legs? It is the first song with Slash and Axl in 30 years of course it is going to get an enormous amount of clicks and streams.. Hell, my 71 year old Uncle checked it out.  Aside from the cult CD fans on here though (and the censored comments on the official youtube page), the majority of the feedback seems pretty negative..

No I think it will fizzle out when we get more songs. It depends where it's placed on a new album aswell or if it's not even on it. I do however believe this will be on a new album, Axl didn't give up working on this song for 20 years so obviously he likes it.

2 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Have a link?

I don't know why a google search for itunes charts takes me to this site but it seems to be legit

https://kworb.net/ww/

2 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Hard to take Slash seriously when he's happy adding guitars to 20+ year old songs.

It took this?  What I mean is he’s done many cringe things in his career before this.  Why does this change things for you?

we don’t know the plan if there is one…

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I have to say of the non-gnr fans I've played it to it's getting very negative comments.

Not that that really matters though I suppose as they're not fans anyway! 

Not one of my friends/family have had anything positive feedback on it today.. All of which are fans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

If people just don't like the song, that's an opinion. But I'm confused on why people think it's bad production or a bad mix? I can hear all the instruments, they all have their space to breath, nothing gets lost in the mix. There isn't just a wall of sound and I can hear Slash's little fills. It's not overly loud. There isn't a million samples, it's mostly, drums, bass, guitar.

• Like 1

Just now, gunsguy said:

It took this?  What I mean is he’s done many cringe things in his career before this.  Why does this change things for you?

we don’t know the plan if there is one…

Oh it doesn't change anything. He's had wobbles for a while. Not questioning his talents for the record, just some of his choices.  Hard to believe there is a plan. If there is, it came from a three hour meeting and it's on a napkin somewhere. 

• ABSUЯD 1

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

No I think it will fizzle out when we get more songs. It depends where it's placed on a new album aswell or if it's not even on it. I do however believe this will be on a new album, Axl didn't give up working on this song for 20 years so obviously he likes it.

I don't know why a google search for itunes charts takes me to this site but it seems to be legit

https://kworb.net/ww/

Ya not sure if legit.  Can’t find it charting anywhere else but wouldn’t surprise me