ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

It sounds like a poor outdated attempt at trying to sound like Prodigy.. Axl's sampled in Screams are terrible.. That slow part is even worse.. They could have redeemed the slow part by totally re-doing and having Slash add some really cool melodic part.. Maybe even have Axl sing something a little bit audible.. 

Either way it is hard to accept Slash playing riffs written by Bumblehead, Bucketfoot and Finck.. Whoever wrote the shit.. If you can even call that a riff. Axl could could have wrote that crap for all I know.. 

I agree that the middle quiet part isn't good. A really awesome bridge would have helped a song that has no real chorus.

Edited by Ak1nney
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

I have a strong feeling there will be an Absurd shirt now. 

Oh yeah? 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've listen to the song a few more times now. 

I like it a whole hell of a lot more than I did when I first heard it this morning. I like is far, FAR more than any version of Silkworms I'd heard previously. The lyrics are still dumb as hell and I could do without all the effects on Axl's voice. 

However, overall it rocks way harder than it has any right to. The how's/why's and wrf's about how it was released are going to be continually debated, so I'm just commenting on the song itself. 

Oh and the more I listen to it, the more it sounds like the little brother of Oh My God. And I'm 100% OK with that because I love OMG. 

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

16 minutes ago, denin said:

"That song in particular that you are talking about, 'Silkworms', it ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N' Roses 10 or 15 years in the future." - Pitman

Sure, 2011 was a bit absurd, 2016 also. Yet, Pit's too modest. He should've called it 20 and been later hailed as a prophet.

Didn’t pitman say that in 2006 tho?

6 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Despite the debate if Absurd is a good song or not: What bothers me most is the fact that the first release of the reunited „b(r)and“ is a 20 year old song of New GNR. This speaks volumes in terms of Slash and Duff. By letting this happen, for me, they lost that much credibility, I cannot even find words.

Seriously, after five years they have nothing more to offer than a reworked song written by the guys who claimed to be GNR 20 years ago but everyone (beside some members of this forum) laughed about?!  

Axl is the boss. The other two are just very highly paid employees. But they did a damn good job on this tune. It's a weird song, but Duff & Slash at least kicked some ass on their parts. 

Maybe they're trying to build some kind of buzz to get people noticing that the band is active with 3/5 original members again? A lot of people who don't frequent message boards, probably assume that it's still the MTV awards lineup. I probably wouldn't release the top shelf material until there was some buzz going on out of the inner circle of diehards. Hopefully they're cleaning out the overstock, and will drop some new product recently written after this tour. Wishful thinking.

39 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Despite the debate if Absurd is a good song or not: What bothers me most is the fact that the first release of the reunited „b(r)and“ is a 20 year old song of New GNR. This speaks volumes in terms of Slash and Duff. By letting this happen, for me, they lost that much credibility, I cannot even find words.

Seriously, after five years they have nothing more to offer than a reworked song written by the guys who claimed to be GNR 20 years ago but everyone (beside some members of this forum) laughed about?!  

$$$$$$...Seems Slash & Duff are paid really well being back at GNR
Both have wives & Kids & ex wives that demand $$$$ every month.
That was not the case back in the 90s, where they could say to Axl "Fuck off redhead"
this is not GNR...

Edited by GNROSAS

36 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Exactly. Spineless yesmen. Wow, I expected so much more.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Slash has way more to offer, it's more that this is what Axl was most excited about and they just want to get some movement happening. 

9 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

They always kept quiet during the time before that

Yeah there were spineless & stoned back then too SURE....but at least they quitted at some point!
Now they seem more spineless than ever!:fuckyou: by allowing this "my world" type of song written by pitman, to be their first GNR single in 30 fuckin years:thumbsdown:

Edited by GNROSAS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GNROSAS said:

Yeah there was spineless & stoned back then too SURE....but at least they quitted at some point!
Now they seem more spineless than ever!:fuckyou:

If touring and releasing a song is spineless, then sure. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

It still hasn’t grown on me. 

Now Perhaps however. I went back and gave THAT a listen and I tell you what, that’s A+ Potential right there.

Def. This could become a masterpiece

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

It still hasn’t grown on me. 

Now Perhaps however. I went back and gave THAT a listen and I tell you what, that’s A+ Potential right there.

I really like that. It's a favourite along with HS.

Edit: It's actually a bit better than HS.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Well the song itself is ok at best, i do however love it's crassness and the fact it probably won't be played on the radio. I kinda wish the dreamy section went on for a little longer i found that part quite interesting, reminded me of Tame Impala or something.

Edited by Silverburst80

6 minutes ago, GNROSAS said:

Yeah there was spineless & stoned back then too SURE....but at least they quitted at some point!
Now they seem more spineless than ever!:fuckyou:

Life goes on and you are still bitter. 

Slash, Duff and Axl made peace with each other and released material. That's everything what matters now. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 4