ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Okay. I'm done lying to myself.

I love it. I've had it on repeat all day.

Leftover as it may be, Slash's feel and tone mixed with Axl's vocals somehow take something that objectively is quite terrible and turn it into Guns N' Roses. They managed to make Silkworms of all things sound like a Guns N' Roses song (to an extent).

This is what is defined as  brainwashin and abusment. To listen sth 100 times and finally at the end lie to yourself so as to end the martyrdom.

Edited by GNROSAS

6 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the 51 pages (:P) but that is definitely Frank on drums, regardless of comms saying it’s Brain. That ‘thud’ of the bass drum is clearly Frank’s (listen to IRS from CD compared to any leak)

Brain's on the credits *Additional writer drums"

10 minutes ago, GNROSAS said:

This is what is defined as  brainwashin and abusment. To listen sth 100 times and finally at the end lie to yourself so as to end the martyrdom.

Or... it could be that I just don't mind the song and am having fun with the ridiculousness of it.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

GNR is such a huge band at this point and have been gone for so long they basically released a slightly better "My World" and it charted in the top 10. People are so hungry for new music from this band they could release a recording of Axl and Slash trying to see who can rip the biggest fart and it would chart.

To someone people "Absurd" is also  a "biggest fart".....:D

59 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Okay. I'm done lying to myself.

I love it. I've had it on repeat all day.

Leftover as it may be, Slash's feel and tone mixed with Axl's vocals somehow take something that objectively is quite terrible and turn it into Guns N' Roses. They managed to make Silkworms of all things sound like a Guns N' Roses song (to an extent).

I remember my grade nine health/gym teacher telling us, with respect to cutting salt out of our diet, that most people can acquire a taste for something if you consume it 16 times.

I think this is what has happened to most fans over the last 24 hours. Listen to almost anything on repeat and you’ll end up finding something to like.

I gave it two or three spins and stopped. I don’t want to like it out of sheer exposure.

But to each to their own 🤪

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 3

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

I remember my grade nine health/gym teacher telling us, with respect to cutting salt out of our diet, that you can to acquire a taste for anything it you consume it 16 times.

I think this is what has happened to most fans over the last 24 hours. Listen to almost anything on repeat and you’ll end up finding something to like.

I gave it two or three spins and stopped. I don’t want to like it out of sheer exposure.

But to each to their own 🤪

I listened to it probabaly 6 or 7 times... Probably never will again unless it isn't by choice or at a live show..

This whole thing was so deflating to me.. I had a blast at the Show the other day.  Axl wasn't very good but the show was still awesome and the band was on fire.. I even saw small improvements with Fortus.... the Tempo and all that.  Yesterday I was literally looking at booking a trip to go see them in Florida.. If this is a sign of the Next Chapter, no way I am flying anywhere to see them.. Or paying $430 face value for a ticket..

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I listened to it probabaly 6 or 7 times... Probably never will again unless it isn't by choice or at a live show..

This whole thing was so deflating to me.. I had a blast at the Show the other day.  Axl wasn't very good but the show was still awesome and the band was on fire.. I even saw small improvements with Fortus.... the Tempo and all that.  Yesterday I was literally looking at booking a trip to go see them in Florida.. If this is a sign of the Next Chapter, no way I am flying anywhere to see them.. Or paying $430 face value for a ticket..

At least you got to see Dead Horse! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn’t take the release of this song so, um, personally, for the lack of a better word. I have a hard time believing they’ll follow this up with something similar.  All signs point to Hard School being the next bullet in the chamber.  Consider the release of Absurd as forward progress moving towards something bigger and better.

It’s a start (hopefully).

If anything it should give us hope and perhaps even faith that there’s more to come.

Perhaps hold off on booking anything until you see something that makes sense to you personally. I can’t see tickets being all that hard to get last minute. You’re only unknown variable here is the ability to fly to Florida (which, to be honest with you, wouldn’t be my first choice in destinations). 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

At least you got to see Dead Horse! 

I did! and You're Crazy! No regrets about that Fenway show at all.. I really do want to love this band but there is just nothing appealing to me about having Slash do session work over songs and playing parts his replcements wrote.. Not to mention pasting together songs with tracks recorded by a million different people in different decades lol.  I checked out on "Guns N' Roses" for about 15 years from 2001 to 2016.. I really don't want to do that again.