ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yup and others like Tonto, Circus Maximus, Dub Suplex, Devious Bastard and Eye On You.

I also want a finished version of Nothing.

Yes man all amazing stuff in my opinion ... I really like Nothing. Last time I talked about it I got a lot of shit from some folks about it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Since the so called “insiders” so spectacularly missed the boat on this, they can fuck right back to their little hole in the wall.

Hell yeah, thank you for saying that!  I truly feel like the entire concept of "insider information" can fuck off too lol.  Either something is gonna happen and we can let GNR make it happen, or it isn't gonna happen and it doesn't matter anyways

"A source close to the band told me..." is so 2006

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Hell yeah, thank you for saying that!  I truly feel like the entire concept of "insider information" can fuck off too lol.  Either something is gonna happen and we can let GNR make it happen, or it isn't gonna happen and it doesn't matter anyways

More people have seen the inside of Fort Knox than the inside of GNR.

It’s such a waste of time.

And really kind of sad that there are those who like to front for the sole benefit of an online reputation. 

How little do you have in your life that posing as someone with privilege information makes sense?  It’s all so petty and small 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

53 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

State of Grace, Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, Hard School, Soul Monster, Oklahoma, The General, Quicksong, Zodiac ... The next Guns album has the potential to be a fucking epic release ...

I'm VERY anxious to see how Atlas would sound with Slash and this sound design. It's my favourite from the leaks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

🙄

Going crude is simply lazy and it's writing for a juvenile audience. 16 year old me loved get in the ring in 91. Now I just cringe at it. We all know Axl can write quality lyrics. Absurd lyrics are just half assed.

The music is there, all it needed was better words. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The thing that must be frustrating to those who actually are kind of on the inside, is that any tentative plans they hear about are likely to not pan out anyway :lol: It must be the worst band to try to be an insider of.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

I'm VERY anxious to see how Atlas would sound with Slash and this sound design. It's my favourite from the leaks.

Yeah it just sucks though because Brian May's solo is awesome and would love to have it still on the official release

13 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Going crude is simply lazy and it's writing for a juvenile audience. 16 year old me loved get in the ring in 91. Now I just cringe at it. We all know Axl can write quality lyrics. Absurd lyrics are just half assed.

I understand that. I just don't care about the "offensive to women" bullshit so many people keep going on about

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fantomas said:

There was a review for the UYIs I read once that made a great point that touches on this.

The review reflected on WTTJ's writing sensibilities with its line; feel my serpentine

Vs

Get in the ring: **** you, suck my ******** dick

(and I actually prefer the UYIs over AFD, but I've always loved the point made here)

Edit:  Also, I was not aware that Brian May was on Atlas

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah it just sucks though because Brian May's solo is awesome and would love to have it still on the official release

If Brian May is cut for the second time I'll need to have a chat with Mr. Taco Bell. That early Catcher with May was something else!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I've always felt CITR is a fantastic song and one of Axl's best from a songwriting perspective.  This might not be the thread for it, but ChiDem has some fantastic songs on it (IMO) and I wonder if it just wasn't ever given a chance due to the circumstances around it (the GN'R name, the time it took to make and the expectations that brought, people mainly wanting at the very least Slash back)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I think most of us can agree on even if the views on the song itself are split... isn't Slashs guitar tone on the riffs and especially leads great!?  The tone of the solos to me sound very similar to the vibe he went for on the solo work on TSI? and SFTD

Yes, I love Slash's sound on this.  With all respect to Axl, if Axl's lyrics were a bit more reigned in here, this could be much more than a "lol, Axl sure loves to give people the middle finger" sort of song.  I like the song.  I liked it as Silkworms.  But this feels like a "joke" song to me and I think it could have been more than that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Yes, I love Slash's sound on this.  With all respect to Axl, if Axl's lyrics were a bit more reigned in here, this could be much more than a "lol, Axl sure loves to give people the middle finger" sort of song.

I totally agree!  I am genuinely very pleased with how the guitars turned out here and think that with a better song, can have a great mix of Axl's CD-era style with enough of the GNR guitar sound sorely missing the past 20 years to create a nice bridge between GNR eras

• Like 2

The Catcher demo is hands down my favorite song on ‘chinese’ , it had the most powerful and heartfelt magic and soul since Axl did November Rain, he has these songs in him that are beautifully constructed and with his voice and soul are pieces of art come to life, we all knew Axl was a different kind of performer and that’s why we love him 🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 minute ago, tony adler said:

The Catcher demo is hands down my favorite song on ‘chinese’ , it had the most powerful and heartfelt magic and soul since Axl did November Rain, he has these songs in him that are beautifully constructed and with his voice and soul are pieces of art come to life, we all knew Axl was a different kind of performer and that’s why we love him 🤘

Sorry back on topic, I love the soft Axl voice on the breakdown , it goes from super hard and filthy to Angelic and it just works

12 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

One thing I think most of us can agree on even if the views on the song itself are split... isn't Slashs guitar tone on the riffs and especially leads great!?  The tone of the solos to me sound very similar to the vibe he went for on the solo work on TSI? and SFTD

His lead tone is classic, would have prefered if he used a tone similar to what he used on "Nothing to Say" i.e. more distortion

• Like 2