ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

I have to say. Slash likes trash. Y'all have seen his social media and some lyrics in his songs "pee on the ground and jump around". 

In a fucked up way, I can see him being more into Silkworms over other CD2 songs

The OGs are all pretty trashy :lol:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Beto 22 said:

Personally I think the instrumental part is good... It has a groove. I really don't know who wrote the lyrics , if it was Axl, Pittman with Dizzy or the 3 together... But it's a weak melody and with tempo flaws! A begginer mistake. 

Slash inputs are much better in the studio than it has been live . Don't get the british accent on this one. I get it on Down On The Farm, here it doesn't make sense. The bridge is cool because it's a left turn ... 

Sayin that , you can write, rewrite, record, re-record, tweak here and there, produce, over produce... A weak ideia always will be a weak idea, no matter how hard you work on it

You're not wrong on a lot of this, but I'll disagree with tempo flaws. With as long as this track has been around, it all is intentional, right or wrong.

Well...its definitely Absurd that this is what we got...but....its good, I think.

Some parts do sound like it wasnt organic, but pasted together.  That first Slash, I assume its him, lick at 51 seconds for example doesnt seem to fit. 

The guitar work in the chorus too is..ehh. 

The lead at 1:52 though is killer...does Richard play that one...looks like he did live.   

I think the middle part could be a bit longer. 

The little lead at 3:00 is cool as is the lick at the end.   

The bass and drums are killer.  Brain will always be GNRs best drummer in my humble opinion.   

Thats my review no one asked for lol

Are there better choices...Perhaps (pun intended) But, Ill take it.  I mean we finally have something positive to talk about.  Does this mean more is coming?  Theyve had plenty of time and imagine Atlas or Perhaps With Slash and Duff.....It could be worse, we could be in bed sleeping.  I'll take it!   

Edited by exnavymike
  • Like 1

The strangest part about this isn't just that it was some weird 20 year old leftover track that got eworked, but it was a weird 20 year old leftover track and Axl only sings for two lines with it drowned in effects and synths. The only way the average person would have a clue this had anything to do with GNR is the random wails. 

...but I respect it? I truly have no idea what I think, it changes every minute.

Edited by TeeJay410
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, exnavymike said:

Well...its definitely Absurd that this is what we got...but....its good, I think.

Some parts do sound like it was organic, but pasted together.  That first Slash, I assume its him, lick at 51 seconds for example doesnt seem to fit. 

The guitar work in the chorus too is..ehh. 

The lead at 1:52 though is killer...does Richard play that one...looks like he did live.   

I think the middle part could be a bit longer. 

The little lead at 3:00 is cool as is the lick at the end.   

The bass and drums are killer.  Brain will always be GNRs best drummer in my humble opinion.   

Thats my review no one asked for lol

Are there better choices...Perhaps (pun intended) But, Ill take it.  I mean we finally have something positive to talk about.  Does this mean more is coming?  Theyve had plenty of time and imagine Atlas or Perhaps With Slash and Duff.....It could be worse, we could be in bed sleeping.  I'll take it!   

Nice analysis. I'll take anything new over nothing and the same ol same ol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Great. Now we have a studio cut of Silkworms. This song is utter shite. Absolute fucking embarrassment. Slash should be ashamed of himself for even wanting to be close to this. Casual fans are going to crucify them for this and rightly so. 

I am frankly embarrassed for Slash, and it crushes me to say that as I love the guy.

I know divorce and alimony are expensive, but he is fucking better than this.

The first true comeback studio song is fucking Silkworms? That he even entertained playing on that piece of shit makes me sad, but that he willingly recorded it in a studio and released it to the public is a black mark on his legacy.

God forbid they release a banger of a studio song to announce they are back to the world.

No, we get fucking Silkworms.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Naupis said:

I am frankly embarrassed for Slash, and it crushes me to say that as I love the guy.

I know divorce and alimony are expensive, but he is fucking better than this.

The first true comeback studio song is fucking Silkworms? That he even entertained playing on that piece of shit makes me sad, but that he willingly recorded it in a studio and released it to the public is a black mark on his legacy.

God forbid they release a banger of a studio song to announce they are back to the world.

No, we get fucking Silkworms.

I bet Axl made Slash wear the bucket on his head when he recorded this.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3