ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

1 minute ago, SilverMachine said:

So many on here have got it all wrong. 

I love the fact that it's divisive as fuck - think back to when you first heard Welcome To The Jungle or It's So Easy and what that was like.

The usual comeback route these day's for bands is for some dull Coldplay-esque radio-friendly thing with a some tired 80's synth pads underneath to somehow make it relevant.

This is genuinely edgy and will undoubtedly fuck a load of people off. Far more in keeping with their roots in many ways.

Not sure its something I'll listen to a great deal, but its in total what the fuck territory and has put a smile on my face this morning.

For sure it's an unexpected comeback song that will hopefully get people talking...

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I do like these lyrics:

Dizzy little dreamer with your head down in the stars
Fucking little schemer got yourself inside the heart
Syphilitic priestess baby I know who you are
Parasitic demon sucking acid through your heart

I can guess which word Dizzy wrote in this song 😄

Are the official lyrics posted? 

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I don't take this song seriously, but if they release something like Hard Skkkkool with 20 year old vocals then ... I don't know. I'd be pissed.

The fact they used the old vocals for Absurd pretty much points to Axl not Rex re-recording anything. A bit of a bummer,  it I like the vocals a lot on Absurd as is. 

First of all I get why alot of fans don't like it.....

But think about it, this THE song to generate a buzz (for a new album?) I mean, the lyrics are as controversial as they can be, Axl sounds different with this englisch accent, I can imagine the press being al over this.....

This is al that all they need, to come with a proper single and album press release (soon), or am I thinking to possitive ?

3 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

Are the official lyrics posted? 

I’m not sure about official, but these seem correct:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com/amp/Guns-n-roses-absurd-lyrics

The music press (pitchfork etc) have started releasing their basic articles about this song being released as well

8 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

So many on here have got it all wrong. 

I love the fact that it's divisive as fuck - think back to when you first heard Welcome To The Jungle or It's So Easy and what that was like.

The usual comeback route these day's for bands is for some dull Coldplay-esque radio-friendly thing with a some tired 80's synth pads underneath to somehow make it relevant.

This is genuinely edgy and will undoubtedly fuck a load of people off. Far more in keeping with their roots in many ways.

Not sure its something I'll listen to a great deal, but its in total what the fuck territory and has put a smile on my face this morning.

I agree in the sense that it has that GNR vibe with the attitude/POV of the song but I think it’ll only work as a first dose of more (better) shit to come and soon. As a stand alone song it won’t be looked back upon that kindly IMO if this is basically it. 

I've said before that I liked the "What can I do... with a bitch like you" chorus from 2001, but listening to this reworked studio track, the new "Absurd" chorus works better with the faster tempo and guitars.

3 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Although I do think it’s lazy some of these songs have the 20 year old vocal tracks, do you REALLY want new ones from the Mouseketeer 

For once I don't actually mind 99 vocals on this because he's not even really singing, an updated take wouldn't even change the vocals much.

Still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that Guns n' Roses finally released a new single ... and it's fucking Silkworms! And it's pretty damn good!!

Just when it seemed like there was no hope for a new album, it's gotta be inevitable now. Hard School should be next, though who the hell knows with this band.

Just as likely to be Crash Diet at this point... but I shall remain optimistic. New album incoming, and I'll predict the album title will be ... Absurd.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

WHO MIXED THIS?

Theres no gap between the lines, it’s just sort of well, absurd, that they’ve put this out in this state. This is the new Oh My God. It’s badly mixed, and just so cringe.

This isn’t really GnR at all. This is bizarre.

Completely disagree. I think the production is superb. I’ve listened on headphones & through hifi. 

• Like 1

We’re getting Chinese part 2…to me that’s very very exciting! 

a formulaic reunion album was never on the cards unless Axl compromised. I’m pleased he hasn’t.

Slash has his output with Myles & Duff has lots of things he does on the side.

I feel excited about this band again.