ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

17 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

My exact thoughts. Same people who yap loudly and drunkenly through most of the show, only give a shit for the radio hits, and sit there silently during deep cuts or Chinese songs. Those are the folks most butt hurt about a new single. 

The crowd at the Detroit show this year seemed really into Chinese Democracy when they played it. It was the best live performance of it I've ever heard.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It goes both ways.. Here people throw insults at people for not liking Absurd.. Calling them boomers and assuming they are old.. It is the Axl/CD cult.. The same people that would insult people that don't like CD assuming they only liked Dad rock and had a mullet or were butt hurt that Slash isn't in the band.. There are a lot of people that can't accept the fact that the majority of the world just don't like CD which Absurd would fit pefectly on. 

I don't see anyone criticizing people for liking the song.. Only the song itself.. 

I can dig that. I didn't mean to insinuate that it only goes one way. I'm very aware that people on both sides try to convince the other side they're wrong about GN'R. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

For some reason the BBF version is still more engraved into my head over this new version, though maybe that’ll change with time.

I noticed some more synths in the BBF version. In the chorus it gives the guitar a more heavy layer too. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I noticed some more synths in the BBF version. In the chorus it gives the guitar a more heavy layer too. 

I just compared the Village leak with the official version and Slash has replaced most of the synths with guitar solos. 

• Like 3

On 8/17/2021 at 6:54 PM, Pele said:

Haha - still with the 'deliberate, meticulous, perfectionist' notion.

He has a very very average producer cutting and pasting poor to average songs together.

At some point, the demo went out of synch when they were pasting the vox back over another line-up change.  But 'who cares' it was just a demo of a poor song.

For contractual reasons, Rose has had to deliver a new song and he's hurriedly got the afore-mentioned average producer to record yet more instrumental work and paste it in.

300 helped mix it? LOL.  Slash probably didn't even listen to it once he's submitted his part.

This lad is a moron. No point debating with him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I noticed both of those exact things as well! That said, while the old versions might be kinda “cooler,” the slash version is definitely more fitting for GnR.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I just compared the Village leak with the official version and Slash has replaced most of the synths with guitar solos. 

Yep. But there's a key change too. The official release is the traditional half-step down. 

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I noticed both of those exact things as well! That said, while the old versions might be kinda “cooler,” the slash version is definitely more fitting for GnR.

Not sure exactly which one I'd consider cooler, but I think Slash's live solos are actually better than the studio one. Richard also does some more interesting things and he could add a different flavor if he got the lead on studio.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norespect1982 said:

This lad is a moron. No point debating with him.

Username checks out.

Haha - are you waiting for a load of cool new songs with brand new vocals?

Edited by Pele
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Hardskool live by a cover band https://youtu.be/r6KKr7ni4fU

I love how 3 of them couldn't be arsed to dress up in any shape or form. :D

Lots of mistakes in there but it was probably the best take. :D

Sad thought: It's very possible that the singer will sound better here than Axl will on stage when they finally try this. :O

• ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

As it should be.

I don't mind synthesizers when they are useful. Some of the greatest albums in the history of Rock and Metal included them. 

Pink Floyd - The Wall and WYWH

Black Sabbath - Tyr

GN'R - UYI and CD

Edited by Sosso

12 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I don't mind synthesizers when they are useful. Some of the greatest albums in the history of Rock and Metal included them. 

Pink Floyd - The Wall and WYWH

Black Sabbath - Tyr

GN'R - UYI and CD

I know, I mean in context of this song.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It goes both ways.. Here people throw insults at people for not liking Absurd.. Calling them boomers and assuming they are old.. It is the Axl/CD cult.. The same people that would insult people that don't like CD assuming they only liked Dad rock and had a mullet or were butt hurt that Slash isn't in the band.. There are a lot of people that can't accept the fact that the majority of the world just don't like CD which Absurd would fit pefectly on. 

I don't see anyone criticizing people for liking the song.. Only the song itself.. 

Absurd would be the worst song on Chinese by a country mile, I usually hold those places for scraped and Rhiad. Slash lifts the song but if it was on Chinese god knows what it would have sounded like. Some of ye have heard the leak... I'll skip that search😄

I hope that it's not too late to say Absurd was an experiment but it won't be released on the new album. I know Beta confirmed it being on the final album but it would be great not to have to skip it everytime😄 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Absurd would be the worst song on Chinese by a country mile, I usually hold those places for scraped and Rhiad. Slash lifts the song but if it was on Chinese god knows what it would have sounded like. Some of ye have heard the leak... I'll skip that search😄

I hope that it's not too late to say Absurd was an experiment but it won't be released on the new album. I know Beta confirmed it being on the final album but it would be great not to have to skip it everytime😄 

Interesting. 

As for me Scrapped and Rhiad are some of my picks as favorites on CD. I lean more towards the heavier music, as apposed to the ballads. 

So for me the tracks CD, Shacklers, Better, Scrapped, Riad and IRS I lean towards over the others. 

Absurd fits into that mould, and compared to the tracks I've listed is probably the weaker one so can see why it'd be dropped for the other heavier options on CD. 

In saying that I hope Absurd isn't on the new album, if there ever is one, as I'd rather new material as apposed to rehashed stuff.