ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

I don't disagree, but sometimes, a song is what it is. I know that sounds dumb, but I'm 99% sure that this is what the song is supposed to be. I definitely agree that reworking a few parts around would make it better, but I think as simple of a track as it is, that's just what it's meant to be. Sort of a punk feel. I'm not a prolific songwriter, but sometimes you just write something as a musician/artist and say, that's it, that's the whole idea realized. For better or worse. He had 20 years to make it different and didn't really push the song meaning any further. Slash and Duff made it into something better than what it was 5 years ago. We can thank them for that.

It's definitely got a punk asthetic, and part of the repeated verse weighs into that too. 

23 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

There are plenty of ppl that like it. And large amounts that don't. Same goes for pretty much all songs really. 

I cannot stand Sweet Child, never have, but plenty of ppl dig it. 

OMG I didn't like the first listen but did after a few spins. Still like it now. Difference is that a lot of these songs I like and the whole of CD falls into that, is its not held on some legendry pedestal like the gnr catalog used to be for me. 

Said pedestal is unrealistic. All other bands and artists I absolutely dig, I'll go through dips n' phases. 

Problem with Guns is they are the absolute easiest band in the world to criticise. Imo they're doomed regardless with anything they release.

I for one like the song, could be better, but I enjoy the loudness and the aggressiveness of it. Albeit in a different vein then the aggressiveness of say appetite. 

Well as a musician and fan of such I've never conformed to the politics of easy GnR bashing. I was a staunch defender of the 'new' band when many in the day just cried for a reunion, so I hear what you're saying.  It's the great songwriting that impresses me. I love many tracks off Chinese, always root for them, and hope we hear some great works soon! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, pussy full of maggots lyrics aside, the song itself has a lot going for it with the added guitars and bass. Not lead single material, but if they extended the bridge and if Axl had more to say instead of repeating the same verse 3 times, they could have had something 

Indeed. My only real issue with the song at this point is the repetition and the bridge. A more rocking, longer bridge (to have a breather from the riffs) and some differentiating verses could have elevated the song even further.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, James Bond said:

Indeed. My only real issue with the song at this point is the repetition and the bridge. A more rocking, longer bridge (to have a breather from the riffs) and some differentiating verses could have elevated the song even further.

I actually love the bridge! But yes, repeating the same verse 3 times is way too much. I'd even be fine with repeating it twice, but it needs a 3rd verse in there.

I am so embarrassed of the big 3 Axl & Slash & Duff. I did not send a link or mention of Absurd to anybody (friends other fans etc).
I refuse that it has been released....It is a traumatic moment for me.
I could maybe accept it  somehow if it was part of C.D, released with C.D Lineup...but in no way to be part of the reunion and especially their first single!

Edited by GNROSAS
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

25 minutes ago, GNROSAS said:

I am so embarrassed of the big 3 Axl & Slash & Duff. I did not send a link or mention of Absurd to anybody (friends other fans etc).
I could maybe accept it  somehow if it was part of C.D, released with C.D Lineup...but in no way to be part of the reunion and especially their first single!

It’s a better live track I think than studio. The original silkworms was better, The intro build up and chorus are missing on Absurd and it suffers for it. 

Absurd is certainly not what I hoped for as a new track from the returned Slash & Duff GNR. It sounds like a guy in his bedroom made a track. 

Im waiting for the day we find out the truth of this track, and why it was chosen for release. It was written by Chris Pittman & Dizzy Reed. Not Axl/Slash/Duff. Wouldn’t it have made sense to release something the trio wrote, rather than Dizzy Fn Reed & the towel? 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:26 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I actually love the bridge! But yes, repeating the same verse 3 times is way too much. I'd even be fine with repeating it twice, but it needs a 3rd verse in there.

Jackie is a punk
Judy is a runt
They both went down to Berlin, joined the Ice Capades
And oh, I don't know why
Oh, I don't know why
Perhaps they'll die, oh yeah

Second verse, same as the first
Jackie is a punk
Judy is a runt
They both went down to Berlin, joined the Ice Capades
And oh, I don't know why
Oh, I don't know why

Third verse, different from the first
Jackie is a punk
Judy is a runt
They both went down to Frisco, joined the SLA
And oh, I don't know why
Oh, I don't know why

1 hour ago, GNROSAS said:

Well too bad, it's here now.

• Haha 1