ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Don't songs only get released on Fridays?

Yeah, who knows anymore who is and isn't getting fed info. It would make sense to release the follow up now, but they would also need to be giving some further info on the album release, I'm assuming at the earliest early November... at the latest 202...?🤣

Lol......that fb page has never been an accurate source for any news. 

Also.....yes, new music CAN be released on any day of the week, but it isn't. 

New releases are almost always dropped on Friday. So if a new GNR single was coming this week, it would have been this morning. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

New releases are almost always dropped on Friday. So if a new GNR single was coming this week, it would have been this morning. 

Right? Did that page know that Absurd was coming? I bet not and that would say everything. But now they suddenly have the inside scoop on what's next, lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Right? Did that page know that Absurd was coming? I bet not and that would say everything. But now they suddenly have the inside scoop on what's next, lol.

I don't mean to be a dick, but everything I've ever heard from there seams more like a "hope" as opposed to a fact. 

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

In this case, I could see why they would wait until Friday evening to release a new song considering they have a concert tonight in Las Vegas and may want to debut it live. I mean a song being a success or not isn’t going to depend on what hour of the day you released said song. I’d be surprised if Axl and Co. did anything right at this point, but I will say that one post about the production people behind the Hard School background video heading from Europe to the show tonight is kinda intriguing…also any juice from an Absurd release has been squeezed by this point (really 2 weeks ago) so it would be smart for the next song now…of course this is assuming they’re planning on releasing more.

16 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

A f’ing Swedish paper dropped the bomb that Axl and Slash had spoken for the first time in like 19 years. Ridiculous?  Yes, but most things are when it comes to this band so who the hell knows at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

In this case, I could see why they would wait until Friday evening to release a new song considering they have a concert tonight in Las Vegas and may want to debut it live. I mean a song being a success or not isn’t going to depend on what hour of the day you released said song. I’d be surprised if Axl and Co. did anything right at this point, but I will say that one post about the production people behind the Hard School background video heading from Europe to the show tonight is kinda intriguing…also any juice from an Absurd release has been squeezed by this point (really 2 weeks ago) so it would be smart for the next song now…of course this is assuming they’re planning on releasing more.

Singles being released on Friday doesn't have anything to do with GN'R. It has more to do with the music industry itself. 

Counting of streams as "sales", promotion and so on are all usually very uniform. 

For decades, Monday was the new release date everywhere in the world expect except for the US. Years ago, everyone changed over to Friday. So now everything is uniform and it's got way more to do with accounting and back end music industry business than it does any one particular artist. 

As always, I'd love to be wrong and wake up to a new GN'R single tomorrow. 

I kinda feel like it'd be smarter with HS to put the single out first before playing it live, even if it's just a day or two before. Let people hear the song the way it's supposed to sound rather than have an influx of internet articles about a new Guns song linking to a video with potentially bad vocals.

Of course, there's always the slim possibility that Axl will sound awesome on it, but I ain't holding my breath on that. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I kinda feel like it'd be smarter with HS to put the single out first before playing it live, even if it's just a day or two before. Let people hear the song the way it's supposed to sound rather than have a influx of internet articles about a new Guns song linking to a video with potentially bad vocals.

Of course, there's always the slim possibility that Axl will sound awesome on it, but I ain't holding my breath on that. 

That would definitely be smarter, so that has like a 2% chance of being the way it happens. 

• Like 1

This Brazilian page says they have "sources" and they are scooping "for months" to get the next steps for GNR, which they called "a new phase".  

Interesting enough, this vague "news" came after Absurd. 

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Did that page know that Absurd was coming? I bet not and that would say everything. But now they suddenly have the inside scoop on what's next, lol.

You're right, they didn't. They even had this post on July 27th stating that Hard School would be "the only big news" for the tour. 

https://www.facebook.com/GunsNRosesNewsOficial/photos/a.734100049944540/4411949332159575/

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

If this is what they have I’d prefer they find a hit maker.

look at Aerosmith in like 1999 with “I don’t wanna miss a thing”

Swallow your pride and you’ll continue your legacy.

I am a giant Aerosmith fan.. I would rather Guns stop recording than go the I don't Wanna Miss a Thing route.. Same if Absurd is the musical direction the are going in.

People think that an outsider songwriter is just to pop hits out...

It's not. An outsider too songwriter could make a hell of a bridge between Axl and Slash ways to write a song like Izzy used to do.

I truly believe it can be the only way that Axl and Slash could write a full album together from scratch