ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

23 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

People think that an outsider songwriter is just to pop hits out...

It's not. An outsider too songwriter could make a hell of a bridge between Axl and Slash ways to write a song like Izzy used to do.

I truly believe it can be the only way that Axl and Slash could write a full album together from scratch

well people think that cause many times the only purpose of bringing outside writers is to write a hit cause the band can't do it themselves and they really want a hit.

I feel like Gn'R doesn't need outside writers. When Izzy left, Paul helped Axl to write some tunes (more compared to when Izzy was still in the band) and in the past it was West Arkeen and to a lesser extent a few others. When there is some real connection between the band and a guest writer I feel like it's more genuine and I don't get the sense Axl is desperate for a hit. (they just released Absurd a few weeks ago)

edit: also, you can think of Josh, Brain, Tommy, Pitman, Robin, Bucket, and Fortus as outside writers/collaborators in a way.

Edited by Rovim

35 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

It's not. An outsider too songwriter could make a hell of a bridge between Axl and Slash ways to write a song like Izzy used to do.

I truly believe it can be the only way that Axl and Slash could write a full album together from scratch

If they are going to do that, they should just ask Izzy to be the outside writer..  That is something I have been thinking about anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

I think Axl and Slash, with help from Duff, could still write great songs together. There are plenty of GnR songs on UYI and Appetite, without any Izzy input, that are some of the best GnR songs, in my opinion.

That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with an outsider contributing either. I saw a documentary on Desmond Child once. He's just another musician, who happens to be really good at writing songs, and there's nothing wrong with someone like that joining a band during a writing session and helping out. If it makes the songs even better, then that's only good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

One thing that annoys me slightly is the artificial edit of 'semen' to 'demon' at 41 seconds in, lol. Easy to miss if you're not listening for it, but clear as day when you compare Absurd to Silkworms (Village Sessions).

Yeah I mean what that’s the one word they censor lol. It sounded so much better with a little alliteration with semen. And it fits the song better obviously… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

One thing that annoys me slightly is the artificial edit of 'semen' to 'demon' at 41 seconds in, lol. Easy to miss if you're not listening for it, but clear as day when you compare Absurd to Silkworms (Village Sessions).

How is it artificial? I just assumed it was a different vocal take on that line.

12 minutes ago, Towelie said:

How is it artificial? I just assumed it was a different vocal take on that line.

I'm not an audiophile, so i will explain it to the best of my interpretation, lol. The latter half of the word is the exact same take as the Silkworms demo - they just edited the first letter form 's' to 'd' by masking it. If you listen closely, you can hear the audio edit. It is especially clear if you listen to the original Silkworms back to back with Absurd.

16 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm not an audiophile, so i will explain it to the best of my interpretation, lol. The latter half of the word is the exact same take as the Silkworms demo - they just edited the first letter form 's' to 'd' by masking it. If you listen closely, you can hear the audio edit. It is especially clear if you listen to the original Silkworms back to back with Absurd.

How would they even go about doing that? I'm a bit clueless about such things, but it sounds like an awful lot of work when he could just re-record the line?

The one called "isn't that absurd" says semen for sure. Live at rio the first verse he says demon then the second time he says semen. I haven't noticed this edit yiu soeak of and I normally listen with headphones. I'll try to listen for it ( but then my mind might make it up lol)

Edit: well I'll be damned. I think I hear it. 

Edited by Pskihq92
Add stuff

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

How would they even go about doing that? I'm a bit clueless about such things, but it sounds like an awful lot of work when he could just re-record the line?

If you listen closely you can hear that they just edited the start of the word out so there's no S sound. Pretty quick and easy thing to do. Easier than recording new vocals when you're Axl lol. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Towelie said:

You'd be surprised at how you can take Axl's vocal take by itself, copy a "d" sound from another word in the song or another song, then paste it over with a little studio magic.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:22 AM, 6lake sa66ath said:

Creative Works London on their IG stated they will be posting a "case study" of the Absurd video soon, whatever that means exactly... 

They did a case study for using the technology "disguise" on the last 2019 shows. It's just that they talk about how they built up the graphics using Unreal Engine and how it can be scaled for giant screens if needed without losing resolution. Stuff like that.

• ABSUЯD 1

4 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

I don't see women being fond of the pussy full of maggots line lol

Eh she doesn't mind vulgar things, and she actually really likes Chinese Democracy a lot too.  Absurd is a pretty polarizing song. I don't think there is much in-between in terms of liking it or not liking it

9 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Eh she doesn't mind vulgar things, and she actually really likes Chinese Democracy a lot too.  Absurd is a pretty polarizing song. I don't think there is much in-between in terms of liking it or not liking it

Yeah for sure. What all was bleeped out btw?