ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

Don’t wanna skim through the whole thread, so apologies if it’s already been asked, but:

1. Has anyone deciphered what Axl is singing in that slow bridge?

2. Do you guys have any theory as to why he dropped that whole "what can I do / with a bitch like you / you know that it’s true" part?
I mean, it can’t be because of that "bitch" part, can it, considering, you know… there otherwise are certain places filled with certain fauna present in the song, and that apparently wasn’t a problem. :D

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Do you guys have any theory as to why he dropped that whole "what can I do / with a bitch like you / you know that it’s true" part?

I mean, it can’t be because of that "bitch" part, can it, considering, you know… there otherwise are certain places filled with certain fauna present in the song, and that apparently wasn’t a problem. :D

maybe Axl just didn't like that part of the song.

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Don’t wanna skim through the whole thread, so apologies if it’s already been asked, but:

1. Has anyone deciphered what Axl is singing in that slow bridge?

2. Do you guys have any theory as to why he dropped that whole "what can I do / with a bitch like you / you know that it’s true" part?

"Just another life slips away..."

I suppose you can interpret those lyrics as having dark sexual overtones, so maybe they thought it best to cut it out and make it more simplistic. ABSURD. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, merces said:

Does anyone know if radio stations still get singles delivered like they got in the Chinese Democracy days, like this Street of Dreams promo :

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Street-Of-Dreams/master/1018597

I'm wondering if a Absurd promo exists or if it's only digital now

I think everything is just digital now, no?

Update on the writing credits:

A few days ago, Absurd was added to the GMR (Slash and Duff's PRO) database (I had posted it in the new album thread):

gmr10.jpg

https://globalmusicrights.com/Search?q=1423294&filter=6&mask=SLASH

Now it has been added to the ASCAP database (although the "performer" info has not been updated yet):

ascap_10.jpg

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/workID/913016643

I suppose it will soon be added in the SESAC (Axl's PRO) database, too. 

So Pitman doesn't appear among the writers (he's in ASCAP).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

I really don’t know how that works. It could possibly mean that Axl has full control/rights over any of the songs recorded under the Guns N’ Roses banner and issues credit if he pleases? Kind of like what happened back in the day with the crooners where their managers would pay to have them among the credited songwriters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Lol how are Slash and Duff considered writers

It's so that they can get royalties.

The same happened with Matt and Dizzy for UYI: they're listed in the ASCAP and the other PRO's databases as writers, even though they didn't write anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean said:

I really don’t know how that works. It could possibly mean that Axl has full control/rights over any of the songs recorded under the Guns N’ Roses banner and issues credit if he pleases? Kind of like what happened back in the day with the crooners where their managers would pay to have them among the credited songwriters. 

This is likely. Everything recorded under “GNR” is probably owned by Axl. Explains why he can use all CD era songs without issue and put Slash and Duff as writers

53 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yes, Axl most likely owns the copyright of everything written for GnR/under the GnR name during the "nu" era.

And now I suppose that there has been an agreement between Axl, Slash and Duff (maybe as part of the partnership agreement) about how to split publishing royalties.

Edited by Blackstar

I'm not going to knock anyone who likes Absurd but there seems to be some weird Stockholm Syndrome going on with it. It's long been considered a joke song and one of their absolute worst for the past 20 years. I think people are so desperate for any fresh Guns n Roses songs that they'll take the song that has "pussy full of maggots" contained in its lyrics.