ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

while the studio version of ABSUЯD still doesn't really do it for me (maybe at the moment I feel I know too much about "how the sausage gets made" when it comes to that track...20 years worth of sausage!) - I gotta say I feel like the live version kinda kicks. The band locks in and it's nice to hear the vocal without all the processing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, merryfnchristmas said:

while the studio version of ABSUЯD still doesn't really do it for me (maybe at the moment I feel I know too much about "how the sausage gets made" when it comes to that track...20 years worth of sausage!) - I gotta say I feel like the live version kinda kicks. The band locks in and it's nice to hear the vocal without all the processing. 

I'm shocked that the studio version grew on me but yeah, the live version rips. I had a LOT of fun when they played it. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm shocked that the studio version grew on me but yeah, the live version rips. I had a LOT of fun when they played it. 

I'm also just enjoying seeing the tension of a new song (or at least a song that's new to much of the audience) hanging in the air at a GnR show. It's nice to wonder how it's hitting with everyone. Like a fool I was expecting to see that happen in 2016, but I'm feeling forgiving - especially if the good vibes keep coming.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, merryfnchristmas said:

It's because the live version Axl sings at the right tempo

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Local radio station played a clip of Absurd, and called it train wreck. Then played LaLD lol

What a bummer. I have a friend who's a DJ on the biggest rock station in Detroit. He and the station won't give any new music a chance, but they'll be sure to play the same Shinedown song for the 100th time today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

What a bummer. I have a friend who's a DJ on the biggest rock station in Detroit. He and the station won't give any new music a chance, but they'll be sure to play the same Shinedown song for the 100th time today. 

I'm so sick of Shinedown and other similar bands. Sounds so dated now.

• Like 2

I kinda understand radio stations not playing new stuff, especially if they only play a certain genre. It's easier to play what you know your audience likes than risk playing new stuff and having them turn off. It sucks but yeah.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:50 AM, RussTCB said:

I don't know what is worse, that or my local LA radio station playing Greta Van Fleet as our "new" music even though they can just play your Zeppelin radio staples instead :lol:

On 9/17/2021 at 1:36 AM, Voodoochild said:

Youtube algorithm suggested me videos of people trashing the song. There's even one video of a guy saying he "fixed" the song (he posts guitar videos). I didn't bother to watch anything, even though I don't love the track.

I hate that "I fixed this song for you" -attitude on those videos. I mean, if you want to do a cover version with more guitar, different arrangement, different emphasis on the mix or whatever, then awesome! F'N'™ great! But trashing the song and  "fixing" it? Like, you know better than the band who wrote song? Why don't you write an original song and put your money where your mouth is? :max:

Sorry for the rant :P

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I hate that "I fixed this song for you" -attitude on those videos. I mean, if you want to do a cover version with more guitar, different arrangement, different emphasis on the mix or whatever, then awesome! F'N'™ great! But trashing the song and  "fixing" it? Like, you know better than the band who wrote song? Why don't you write an original song and put your money where your mouth is? :max:

Sorry for the rant :P

hahaha totally agree. It's more about the key word "fix". Also, I don't like those Youtube videos trashing other people's work, like movies and music. Too much entitlement. Also it leads to the rabbit hole of passive agressive/hateful videos.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2021 at 12:50 PM, RussTCB said:

Serious question:  does anyone know if there even was a Radio Edit version of this song released?!  In its natural state, in all fairness, it’s not very radio friendly. :blink: 

If any of you mother-fuckers or maggot-filled pussies know the answer please let us know…after all it IS a song that should be heard.  It kicks ass live!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Serious question:  does anyone know if there even was a Radio Edit version of this song released?!  In its natural state, in all fairness, it’s not very radio friendly. :blink: 

If any of you mother-fuckers or maggot-filled pussies know the answer please let us know…after all it IS a song that should be heard.  It kicks ass live!

I was told that they DID get a file marked Radio Edit. I've never heard it on the radio myself though, so maybe not. In short, I was told yes but can't confirm. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 3:09 PM, GnR Chris said:

Same here at Wrigley. I sang the fuck out of “Absurd.”

Must be nice in a live setting when you can shout „Listen motherfuckers to the song that should be heard!“ without other people giving you weird looks 

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

The song is a train wreck but it’s our train wreck. If I wasn’t a GNR fan and didn’t enjoy it as a forum meme, I’d easily be able to say it’s trash.

That being said I think it’s still hilarious this is the first and so far only song with the big 3 since 1991. Ballsy. Gets a kudos for me

Fuck them and fuck us, we all deserve it :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3