ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

1 minute ago, Ak1nney said:

Don't get me wrong, I never really liked this song... but... if this was released as like a b-side to an outstanding album single, fans would be eating up the vibe and guitar shredding by Slash. It'd be a cool deep cut, but I'm hoping for something a little more (and not hard school) for the next release. Assuming there is one...

Or maybe something that Slash or Duff helped write?  They are nothing more than studio musicians in this band now. 

5 minutes ago, SeBaZ said:

Producer: W. Axl Rose
Producer, Studio  Personnel, Mixer: Caram Costanzo
Associated  Performer, Drums: Brain
Composer  Lyricist: Guns N' Roses

Who is"Guns N' Roses"?

Kinda figured this is how they would credit everything so it looks like the band actually did this and not the guys from 20 years ago lol

3 minutes ago, SeBaZ said:

Who are "Guns N' Roses"?

I'm wondering the same thing. Legally Guns N' Roses are Axl, Slash and Duff. Will they split this loot equally? Is Fortus in this? Mellissa? Dizzy? 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Just checked Twitter, no one gives a shit. Sigh. Oh well I enjoy it sadly 

I don't think this was your intention, but your post literally made me laugh out loud for a good minute or two...

Post of the thread so far.

• ABSUЯD 1

Honestly? I kind of like it now. Wtf is wrong with me? I need help. *weeps*

I'm listening to it on spotify. I hate the yuck vulgar imagery of "pussy full of maggots" but I think it's a fun little weird song - which of course is hopefully just the beginning of new material releasing.

I respect artists taking risks and not being afraid to fail. This is my least favourite out of all the leaked stuff, however, Axl is a charismatic guy and everything but he's just a person and obviously for a long, long time he's been struggling with personal issues and artistic pressure so I'm really happy for him and a bit moved as a fellow human being for him to be finally stepping out of the dungeon. I hope it's a weight off his shoulders and we get more and more songs. I still hope that the new album be appropriately titled 'Stay of Execution'.

• Like 3

I heard it at Fenway and had a little idea what it was. When I came home I did some digging and heard the 2000/2001 version 

the studio version is much better. Brain nailed the drums. Very polished and clean

slash has a nice tone and solid solos 

duffs bass (assuming it’s him) is a major highlight

the lyrics and structure are odd but growing on me. I really want to see slash on perhaps and hard school now. I’m just glad to get something considering that’s is what I’m calling the first GNR release with slash playing on it in my lifetime 

Great. Now we have a studio cut of Silkworms. This song is utter shite. Absolute fucking embarrassment. Slash should be ashamed of himself for even wanting to be close to this. Casual fans are going to crucify them for this and rightly so. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

I do give them credit that they've been applauded for throwing shit at the wall - that the standard of practice for Guns N' Roses has fallen so incredibly low - that a reworked song that is 20 years old - is met with any type of positive reception is impressive. Most impressive.

• Like 2

• alfierose changed the title to ABSUЯD Single released at midnight
  • alfierose pinned this topic
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic
  • alfierose unpinned this topic