ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

2 minutes ago, IkaruFunk said:

and the cover with the stupid inverted R :lol:

The backwards R makes it edgy

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I assume you've never seen Slashs Instagram. There is no doubt in my mind he jerks off to these lyrics

I definitely think when Slash heard this for the first time he really dug the lyrics 

28 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't understand this logic complaining of old vocal tracks. Do you want age 58 Axl vocals? Do you think that's an improvement? The older the vocals the BETTER they will sound because Axl was YOUNGER. The further back they were recorded the better they will sound. Fuck, put unreleased 1988 vocals somewhere if you can, GNR.

Exactly!  People will care less when they’re vocal tracks for songs no ones heard yet. Then we will all argue what year they were recorded lol

7 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

jAht4kf.jpeg

Can someone politely tell Beta what the difference is between a "new arrangement" and a "new song" lol

I mean I get what she is saying for sure, but just this *is* not a new song, just like Slither is not a new song just because Axl is singing on it now and Frank is playing drums instead of Matt Sorum

Edited by WhazUp

7 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

jAht4kf.jpeg

So Axl's housekeeper is still managing stuff? I thought her son and daughter did that now.  What a joke. 

She could have also answered: "this is indeed a reworked old song, but don't worry, new things will arrive fast."

But I'm just saying whatever I want to.

I keep seeing comments saying this is mixed well but to me, the part where Axl says “screaming fucking banshee” sounds off key, like it’s been pasted over the instrumental in the wrong place. It comes in too early. 

The whole thing sounds like a bad cut and paste job that was mixed in GarageBand.

It’s like Axl has gone from being this perfectionist tinkering with songs for 15 years until they’re perfect in his head to “oh fuck it just release that to shut them up”. I mean it’s the same verse repeated 3 times and the word ‘Absurd’ for the chorus ffs…

Edited by GNFNRUK
  • Like 4

Silkworms as the lead single? Truly the darkest timeline.

I joke, I joke. 

New music released!!! Listening closely and the drums are tight! Brain throws in a good performance as usual - def one of the most underrated musicians associated with Chinese in general. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

I keep seeing comments saying this is mixed well but to me, the part where Axl says “screaming fucking banshee” sounds off key, like it’s been pasted over the instrumental in the wrong place. It comes in too early.

They shifted that specific line digitally for sure, the original Village Sessions leak has that line where it was for the live performances that we are all used to.  It lands now on beat 4 of the previous beat as opposed to right at the start of the beat on the next bar.  It was also like that on the BBF leak so the line has been altered for many years now in the studio

It is in key though, or at least as in-key as it can be with a more yelling vocal delivery in a punk rock vein

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

The whole thing sounds like a bad cut and paste job that was mixed in GarageBand to me.

It’s like Axl has gone from being this perfectionist tinkering with songs for 15 years until they’re perfect in his head to “oh fuck it just release that to shut them up”. I mean it’s the same verse repeated 3 times and the word ‘Absurd’ for the chorus ffs…

The CD album was a bad cut and paste job too. This is not new for Axl

As someone who enjoyed previous versions of silkworm, especially the leaked demos, i am glad they are doing it. All though one of the charms of the song was the electronics which seems to be missing here, as well as the high pitched elephant thingy. 

I don't like too much this song, but for the 1st single it's an horrible idea, Hard Skool is better. We are die hard fans of the band, but people outside will hear this as the 1st song with Duff n' Slash and a lot of people don't want to hear anymore.

Hard Skool is better for rock fans, this is very strange. Imagine that the 1st Illusions single were "My world"? I didn't buy the albums.

Edited by axljungle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

It was also like that on the BBF leak so the line has been altered for many years now in the studio.

This was one of the most interesting parts to me as it was in the 2008 BBF leak - is this Buckethead or BBF with the killswitch intro? I imagine it’s Bucket but do we know? I guess if it is Bucket there may be some hope that in other scenarios they may have kept Finck/Bucket!