ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

What a weird world we live in.

I'm glad they're doing something at least, with this I'm very hopeful more is coming. I would've preferred Hardschool for the first single but oh well.

I don't hate Absurd as much as I thought I would but the placement of the "Screaming fucking banshee" line sounds so off to me. Sounds a lot better in the leaks (at least village sessions, I'm not sure I've heard the BBF leak).

35 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Can someone politely tell Beta what the difference is between a "new arrangement" and a "new song" lol

I mean I get what she is saying for sure, but just this *is* not a new song, just like Slither is not a new song just because Axl is singing on it now and Frank is playing drums instead of Matt Sorum

But then again, was Don't Cry, which was performed in the 80's, a new song in 1991? :wow:

(Not trying to argue or pick a fight... :smiley-confused2:)

Edited by jekylhyde

I wonder how the conversation about Brian staying on drums went.

Slash and Duff: Yeah we’re going to take a look at this, record some parts and release it?

Frank: Cool, that means I’ll show up and add some drums too yeah?

Axl: Yeah…here’s the thing…

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

This song is something different and not the usual stadium rock you would expect from an old Rock Band. 

That's true... but that doesn't make it a good song automatically.  It's better than I thought, based on the live recordings but it's still a strange choice for a new single.

I just hope that's not the last song they have released for a long time if you know what I mean.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wonder how the conversation about Brian staying on drums went.

Slash and Duff: Yeah we’re going to take a look at this, record some parts and release it?

Frank: Cool, that means I’ll show up and add some drums too yeah?

Axl: Yeah…here’s the thing…

He probably didn't even know they were releasing a studio version til Axl said it on stage tonight lol

• Haha 3

It’s weird that the Silkworms leak from a few years ago has always come up as “Isn’t it Absurd “ , as in the title of the song when it gets played on my iTunes library. There’s a few other leaks that came up on my iTunes library when I played them through that, that had different titles, I might have to go and have a look at them again.

• Haha 1