ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

I can’t believe they’ve released this as a first new  single with Slash and Axl  :facepalm: I don’t know why Hard school didn’t get released first.
I know Axl’s vocals are nothing like the past but Axls vocals and slash’s tone are the sound of GNR so surely after waiting so long they’d put out a song that can grab people’s attention that GNR are back. At least Hard School would’ve given us that by the way he’ll sing it. 
Absurd should be a secret song on a new album then not everyone would hear it 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 2

Can’t believe this is the first “new” song with Slash back. The studio version sounds a bit better than expected and Slash has made a good stab at polishing pitman’s weird techno turd but it’s still really difficult to get passed those god-awful lyrics and the fact they are repeated over and over again

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

This is amazing. The most GNR thing to happen in over a decade. 

The songs sounds great too. An energetic rocker in the vein of ISE, and Axl will be able to rock the vocal live. 

And for anyone not sold on it yet

1-This clearly isn’t the ‘lead’ single but more a taster. I imagine HS is still the lead single. 

2- This shows they have worked on new music!

So enjoy a Friday in which GNR released a new song. This is the first time this has happened for a lot of us.

IMO:

1. The lead single should be a brand new song (or something unreleased from the 80s/90s) which was created by Axl and Slash together - you know, to represent the actual current band and its potential. 

2. This itself shows they have worked on music, not necessarily new music. (I do believe they have, though.)

Edited by jamillos

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Even though they definitely could have chosen better, maybe we’re looking at this choice the wrong way. I mean, it’s not exactly a real single, is it. There’s no video, promotion, nothing, just youtube and Axl saying we can download it. Remember, they’ve already released Shadow of Your Love this way. So I guess that may have been a representation of the old era, and this may be one of the Axl’s NuGuns era. Hopefully, “the new album” will be at least somewhere between. 

It's 2021. This is how singles work now. This is definitely an official single. 

• GNFNR 1

I know there isn't much love for Silkwor...Absurd, but the fact that they got that song to that level for the final release really makes me hard in the pants for the final Hard Skool track. I'm really fucking excited right now. And it hasn't been very often as a GNR fan for the last 30yrs I've been able to say that. 

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

I can’t believe they’ve released this as a first new  single with Slash and Axl  :facepalm: I don’t know why Hard school didn’t get released first.
I know Axl’s vocals are nothing like the past but Axls vocals and slash’s tone are the sound of GNR so surely after waiting so long they’d put out a song that can grab people’s attention that GNR are back. At least Hard School would’ve given us that by the way he’ll sing it. 

I can’t believe it, we are waiting for this moment that it would be great  and now for a lot of fans it’s something mehh.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

I know Axl’s vocals are nothing like the past but Axls vocals and slash’s tone are the sound of GNR so surely after waiting so long they’d put out a song that can grab people’s attention that GNR are back. At least Hard School would’ve given us that. 

Better than coming out with a dad-rock ACDC sounding song that was already outdated by 1992, and Axl already didn't want to make in the mid 90s. This is so crass and abrasive that it gets a buzz going and people talking. I doubt Hard School, which I think is an OK song at best, would get as much attention.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listened to this about 20 times now, and as much as I dug the industrial/synthy vibe on Silkworms, Absurd >>> Silkworms. Heck, I think it's a better rocker than Riad or the Village leak of Hard School. Can't wait for the new Hard Skool, Slash and Duff and Fortus really do give these songs a boost.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, Amir said:

Listened to this about 20 times now, and as much as I dug the industrial/synthy vibe on Silkworms, Absurd >>> Silkworms. Heck, I think it's a better rocker than Riad or the Village leak of Hard School. Can't wait for the new Hard Skool, Slash and Duff and Fortus really do give these songs a boost.

I agree with you on Riad but I don't think it is better than Hard Skool. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I agree with you on Riad but I don't think it is better than Hard Skool. 

My issues with the Village leak of Hard School are the overlong intro and the meandering snoozefest of a solo. From what we've heard from soundchecks, it seems like the new version will revamp these, and I already loved the verses and chorus.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

A penny for Pitman/Finck/Buckethead/Bumblefoot's thoughts right now.

The only one speaking about the song will probably be Brain. He would say something like "I'm honored to be on the same track as Slash and Duff. That's rad!"