ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

2 minutes ago, betterman said:

I dont get that people saying that this does not sound like GNR - its not like GNR are AC/DC, think of them more like Queen or Beatles - everything is possible! :)

You're right, but those "what's SCOM" people won't agree! 

10 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

How in the hell did you guys connect this one with a UYI set. Just stop, breathe, drink this one in. Wait for some official shit. 

If a UYI boxset were to be connected to Absurd, it would have been promoted alongside it. Simple as that. I'm sure many of us remember the months-long build up to the AFD boxset and SOYL. This has nothing in common with that strategy. Plus, Axl specifically described this as a 'new Guns N' Roses song', so the implications have nothing to do with UYI.

I think the band will continue to introduce new songs to the setlist and release equivalent studio singles as they progress. Perhaps Hardschool or another song will accompany a new album announcement, but this live/studio approach seems like the way forward.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

I noticed this with the Bumble leaks and to an extent the Village leaks that if I didn't pay close attention to the lyrics, it sounded as if Axl says "fucking bitch hate you" instead of "screaming fucking banshee". They've chopped off a bit of the lyric, so it's all I hear on the new one. Is anyone else hearing this or is it just me?! :lol:

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Doesn't sound like that to me mate. You're going crazy. How many times have you listened to it? Be honest. :lol:

Haha, I've only had it on a few times, I passed out shortly after I gave it a listen when it was released! I definitely can't hear "screaming fucking banshee" at the start though, I need to check it out with headphones!! I'm hungover, but my lugs are still somewhat functional :lol:

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Jus listened on Spotify. I don't hate it as much as I thought I would, so there's that lol 

It sounds slightly better to me than the live version and Slash's guitar work is a redeeming feature . I just can't see that I'm ever going to love this though. I do want to but I think I'll hang in there for Hard Skool. :lol:

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 minutes ago, betterman said:

I dont get that people saying that this does not sound like GNR - its not like GNR are AC/DC, think of them more like Queen or Beatles - everything is possible! :)

I'm annoyed at those fans who want a band to be stuck in the past. GNR was never a band that was gonna do the same thing over and over again to begin with. AFD-LIES-UYI was a direct progression with new elements, directions, complexity etc. There is no point in remaking Appetite or UYI, they already did that. The people that want them to remake UYI don't get it, there is no way they would ever redo that for 2021.

• Like 3

Considering the unpredictability of GnR, do you think it's possible that after releasing Absurd, they could release HS in the first concerts of the next leg, like Mexico or Australia?

Edited by klakly

The more I listen to it the more I’m loving it. Really liking Slash’ guitar work on it.

Just now, klakly said:

Considerando l'imprevedibilità dei GnR, pensi sia possibile che dopo aver pubblicato Absurd, possano pubblicare HS nei primi concerti della prossima tappa, come il Messico o l'Australia?

What does that say when translated?

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm annoyed at those fans who want a band to be stuck in the past. GNR was never a band that was gonna do the same thing over and over again to begin with. AFD-LIES-UYI was a direct progression with new elements, directions, complexity etc. There is no point in remaking Appetite or UYI, they already did that. The people that want them to remake UYI don't get it, there is no way they would ever redo that for 2021.

I agree totally......but to say "GNR was never a band that was gonna do the same thing over and over again" is a bit much. They're been doing the same thing over and over again for years now! Hence why most of us slipped into a catatonic daze. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, JimmyMick3 said:

Più lo ascolto e più lo amo. Mi piace molto il lavoro di chitarra di Slash su di esso.

Cosa dice quando viene tradotto?

Considering the unpredictability of GnR, do you think it's possible that after releasing Absurd, they could release HS in the first concerts of the next leg, like Mexico or Australia?

Just now, allwaystired said:

I agree totally......but to say "GNR was never a band that was gonna do the same thing over and over again" is a bit much. They're been doing the same thing over and over again for years now! Hence why most of us slipped into a catatonic daze. 

Sorry I meant strictly from a creative, music standpoint. I realize, that this is a band that has been touring the same music and songs since 2008, lol.

3 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

Dont bands normaly want to release good songs as singles? An updated O my god would have been better than this shite, i really dont hold out much hope that a new album will be good, none of the leaks were that great, although some could be not bad if re done

Oh My God or Hard School - absolutely.