ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I like it a lot, too! Not my favorite from those leaks but still a great song. Very sexy.

It plays really well in headphones I think. Just sounds really heavy and intense. I'd love to hear it blasting out at a gig. 

I can't actually see it getting released though.......but then I'd absolutely have said the same thing about Silkworms. 

The social media and youtube comments are hilarious, I can't stop reading them. I can't imagine the faces of all these people who were waiting for a new November Rain to come out, and then see their facial expression change from excited to WTF within 20 seconds. Like many before said, this is the most Guns N Roses thing to ever happen since maybe the St Louis riot.

5 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Pussy full of maggots. Not sure I want to tell my 18 year old daughter about this release. Maybe I’m old.

That's a full woman, also WAP was a huge #1 hit last year. It's not THAT shocking unless she's never watched a horror movie.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Perhaps he's thinking of his daughter here. I mean, how cripplingly embarrassing would it be to be 18 and have your Dad talk to you about a song about that? 

No 18 year old needs that. 

Are you American by any chance? I know it's a stereotype, but I think us European fans are a bit less prudish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Perhaps he's thinking of his daughter here. I mean, how cripplingly embarrassing would it be to be 18 and have your Dad talk to you about a song about that? 

No 18 year old needs that. 

I'm picking my 15 year old up later today. He's huge into music (surprise, surprise) and I'm not even sure how to talk to him about it. 

He's going to his first GN'R show on Sunday with his mom though, so they'll both hear it by then! Lol

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Better than coming out with a dad-rock ACDC sounding song that was already outdated by 1992, and Axl already didn't want to make in the mid 90s. This is so crass and abrasive that it gets a buzz going and people talking. I doubt Hard School, which I think is an OK song at best, would get as much attention.

Word, brother

I like it. Which it even surprises myself, since I was so ready to hate it :shrugs: It's a banger, the drums are good, and it has that distinct Guns N' Roses sound - *enters Sluff :heart:*.

I'm bit off regarding the 20 year old vocals, but I'll get over it. 

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm picking my 15 year old up later today. He's huge into music (surprise, surprise) and I'm not even sure how to talk to him about it. 

Well, I'm guessing you never had a sit down discussion about It's So Easy with him, right?

Just now, Towelie said:

Are you American by any chance? I know it's a stereotype, but I think us European fans are a bit less prudish. 

Nah, British. Very much the opposite of prudish! haha! 

My point was does anyone want their Dad talking about that sort of thing? Really? I mean we all know our parents had sex, but surely none of us actually like to think about it?! It's that sort of principle. 

When you're 18 you kind of think your parents are the least cool people in the world anyway....let alone with them talking about pussies full of maggots! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

My point was does anyone want their Dad talking about that sort of thing? Really? I mean we all know our parents had sex, but surely none of us actually like to think about it?! It's that sort of principle. 

When you're 18 you kind of think your parents are the least cool people in the world anyway....let alone with them talking about pussies full of maggots! 

Simple solution: don't talk about it. Just let them listen to it. I very much doubt any self-aware 18yr old is going to say to her Dad "what does he mean by pussy full of maggots?" :lol:

• ABSUЯD 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

He's going to his first GN'R show on Sunday with his mom though, so they'll both hear it by then! Lol

Haha - good luck! 

You could bore the living shit out of him by telling him the long and overblown history of the song over the years. Make sure you go into detail about leaked versions with 'drums up' and who the producers and players. By the time the journey is over, he'll wish the song had never even existed. Easy! 

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The song's got nothing to do with sex. It's about someone ranting about a woman for unknown reasons, with vulgar and evocative language. It is not about women in general, either, so unless men can't say bad stuff about particular women any more, it shouldn't be a #metoo concern.

As for talking to your 18-year old daughter about the song - why would you? :lol: But if that's what comes natural to you, just say what you think about the lyrics. I mean, is it hard to say, "I like the song but the lyrics are abrasive and a bit childish"? Or whatever you want. She can take hearing your views on the lyrics, I am sure.