ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

Just now, jamillos said:

Right, two people reminded me I'd forgotten about the box set. Again, HS woulda been a way better choice for the new thing. 

No disagreements there lol I personally am baffled as to why they didn't pick Hard School.  My working theory is that Hard School may be coming soon too, and they wanted two songs to roll out slowly just to keep consistent buzz going for this tour to get people excited again

Just now, RussTCB said:

I just looked at the GN'R website for the first time in years. 

It says "New F'N Song". 

Never change GN'R, never change. 

....and I swear to God, if it's a fucking picture disc, I'll lose my goddamn mind lol

A picture disc of Pitman, packaged in a towel, would fly off of whatever shelf it may be sat on. Maybe the inevitable horrendous sound would actually make you prefer listening on a picture disc anyway? :lol:

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

Just now, jamillos said:

Right, two people reminded me I'd forgotten about the box set. Again, HS woulda been a way better choice for the new thing. 

It doesn't mean that Absurd is the only single and HS won't follow.

• Like 2

Just now, WhazUp said:

No disagreements there lol I personally am baffled as to why they didn't pick Hard School.  My working theory is that Hard School may be coming soon too, and they wanted two songs to roll out slowly just to keep consistent buzz going for this tour to get people excited again

Plus, Axl may be waiting till he can actually sing it live... 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dean said:

A picture disc of Pitman, packaged in a towel, would fly off of whatever shelf it may be sat on. Maybe the inevitable horrendous sound would actually make you prefer listening on a picture disc anyway? :lol:

I could just use the pic disc as an excuse when people hate it. 

"great song, but the pic disc ruins it!" hahq

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I can go further and say I genuinely, without caveats, like Eye On You a lot. It's probably my most played song from the leaks! 

I like it a lot, too! Not my favorite from those leaks but still a great song. Very sexy.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I like it a lot, too! Not my favorite from those leaks but still a great song. Very sexy.

It plays really well in headphones I think. Just sounds really heavy and intense. I'd love to hear it blasting out at a gig. 

I can't actually see it getting released though.......but then I'd absolutely have said the same thing about Silkworms. 

The social media and youtube comments are hilarious, I can't stop reading them. I can't imagine the faces of all these people who were waiting for a new November Rain to come out, and then see their facial expression change from excited to WTF within 20 seconds. Like many before said, this is the most Guns N Roses thing to ever happen since maybe the St Louis riot.

5 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Pussy full of maggots. Not sure I want to tell my 18 year old daughter about this release. Maybe I’m old.

That's a full woman, also WAP was a huge #1 hit last year. It's not THAT shocking unless she's never watched a horror movie.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Perhaps he's thinking of his daughter here. I mean, how cripplingly embarrassing would it be to be 18 and have your Dad talk to you about a song about that? 

No 18 year old needs that. 

Are you American by any chance? I know it's a stereotype, but I think us European fans are a bit less prudish. 

• Like 1

Perhaps he's thinking of his daughter here. I mean, how cripplingly embarrassing would it be to be 18 and have your Dad talk to you about a song about that? 

No 18 year old needs that. 

I'm picking my 15 year old up later today. He's huge into music (surprise, surprise) and I'm not even sure how to talk to him about it. 

He's going to his first GN'R show on Sunday with his mom though, so they'll both hear it by then! Lol

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Better than coming out with a dad-rock ACDC sounding song that was already outdated by 1992, and Axl already didn't want to make in the mid 90s. This is so crass and abrasive that it gets a buzz going and people talking. I doubt Hard School, which I think is an OK song at best, would get as much attention.

Word, brother

I like it. Which it even surprises myself, since I was so ready to hate it :shrugs: It's a banger, the drums are good, and it has that distinct Guns N' Roses sound - *enters Sluff :heart:*.

I'm bit off regarding the 20 year old vocals, but I'll get over it. 

• alfierose changed the title to ABSUЯD Single released at midnight
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic
  • alfierose unpinned this topic