ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, I'm guessing you never had a sit down discussion about It's So Easy with him, right?

Not so far no lol. We've never discussed any GN'R lyrics actually. 

I do remember fully explaining the Eminem song "Kim" to him once though. 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Haha - good luck! 

You could bore the living shit out of him by telling him the long and overblown history of the song over the years. Make sure you go into detail about leaked versions with 'drums up' and who the producers and players. By the time the journey is over, he'll wish the song had never even existed. Easy! 

Haha. I'll start the story like this "Once upon a time, about 6 years before you were born, I heard a song that sucked...." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Towelie said:

Simple solution: don't talk about it. Just let them listen to it. I very much doubt any self-aware 18yr old is going to say to her Dad "what does he mean by pussy full of maggots?" :lol:

Yep! Definitely the best plan! 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

The song's got nothing to do with sex. It's about someone ranting about a woman for unknown reasons, with vulgar and evocative language. It is not about women in general, either, so unless men can't say bad stuff about particular women any more, it shouldn't be a #metoo concern.

As for talking to your 18-year old daughter about the song - why would you? :lol: But if that's what comes natural to you, just say what you think about the lyrics. I mean, is it hard to say, "I like the song but the lyrics are abrasive and a bit childish"? Or whatever you want. She can take hearing your views on the lyrics, I am sure. 

Haha - this is all getting a bit serious! I'm just joking around. I don't even have kids.....although I could get my two year old niece to give it a quick listen and see what she thinks? That would go down well with my sister. 

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

Haha - this is all getting a bit serious! I'm just joking around. I don't even have kids.....although I could get my two year old niece to give it a quick listen and see what she thinks? That would go down well with my sister. 

Ah, you fooled me! :lol: Anyway, as a dad of two daughters, explaining to them vulgarity in art is one of the easier things of parenthood.

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not so far no lol. We've never discussed any GN'R lyrics actually. 

I do remember fully explaining the Eminem song "Kim" to him once though. 

Tell him to make the most of it. If this is actually a precursor to new material, by the time they do the follow-up we'll be worrying about our grandkids.

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

This song is not going on a UYI boxset what is wrong with you lot :lol: How is this even a convo, Axl has really mindfucked you.

Just because of the font on a video that took them 3 minutes to make? It's probably just a saved font on fernandos computer because he can't work out how to be original and theres no new album font yet, and now people here are speculation that silkworms/absurd might be a single for a UYI boxset even though it was written 7-10 years after UYI came out!? mainly by a guy not even in that line up!? mental, the lot of ya!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JimiRose said:

This song is not going on a UYI boxset what is wrong with you lot :lol: How is this even a convo, Axl has really mindfucked you.

Just because of the font on a video that took them 3 minutes to make? It's probably just a saved font on fernandos computer because he can't work out how to be original and theres no new album font yet, and now people here are speculation that silkworms/absurd might be a single for a UYI boxset even though it was written 7-10 years after UYI came out!? mainly by a guy not even in that line up!? mental, the lot of ya!

This is how we roll. :rofl-lol:

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

2 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I think the suggestion was it could be a promo to a new album. To which I say HS would have been better as the first indicator. 

Just now, jamillos said:

I think the suggestion was it could be a promo to a new album. To which I say HS would have been better as the first indicator. 

Oh no I agree it could be to a new album, but some are suggesting its for UYI boxset 30 year anniversary. Which is utterly absurd! I think people are so beaten down and abused by GnRs 1 album in 28 years, that even new music is met with 'it probably wont be a new album' Which i understand

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Don't Cry, November Rain and You Could Be Mine weren't new songs either when they released them in 1991 so...

It's so crazy that most of us assume Axl is a crazy perfectionist and that's why he doesn't release anything and then that Mf comes and releases this bizarre (and far from perfect) song out of nowhere. Hopefully this makes Axl realize that relesing stuff at this point in his career is no big deal.

Surely this means Hard Skool will be released when they play it, right? I now believe that we'll get a new album before CD turns 15 years old.

• Like 2

I was just on about how Guns N' Roses were meant to be making new music and an album and how it hasn't happened, then I see this song has been released. It's great to hear how they have revamped the original track and if we aren't getting a completely new album then I wouldn't mind seeing this current bands take on the 'Chinese Democracy' content. 

29 minutes ago, Towelie said:

God, do you realise how old we all sound? So much time has passed since they last did any new music, we're fretting over how to explain the vulgarity to our kids. :lol: @ this band.

This is absurd.

• ABSUЯD 1