ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

3 minutes ago, GnFnRfaninoz said:

I must say, as much as I hate to admit it, I have found myself just wandering into rooms of the house and yelling ABSURD in that weird voice Axl uses, so I guess it's catchy in a way

It has the potential to be a meme nowdays:

Dog poops on the wrong place?

"ABSURD!"

Bought another video game? My wife:

"ABSURD!"

Play this music for the zillion times? My Neighbors:

"ABSURD!"

...And for all sorts of situations :P

• ABSUЯD 1

I haven't been following GNR like I used to and was completely shocked to get an email from them just now about this song??? Just like... what???  They actually.... released... new music?

Unsure of how I feel about the track yet, but I'm just sitting at my desk at work thinking "is this real life?"

• ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, Meesh727 said:

I haven't been following GNR like I used to and was completely shocked to get an email from them just now about this song??? Just like... what???  They actually.... released... new music?

Unsure of how I feel about the track yet, but I'm just sitting at my desk at work thinking "is this real life?"

Is this just fantasy?

1 hour ago, LA_0013 said:

Definite punk vibe. Axa should do more new songs in that range 

Agree, definite punk vibe, but not in a good way, at least for GNR standards. Not a good achievement; they had plenty of time and could have released sth that‘s worthy of GNR, IMO

• Like 1

The track is not bad. Slash's work in it is an amazing addition to the song BUT ... for me ... it's sad to hear that they lost such a momentum with "SILKWORMS".

The first studio release of DUFF, SLASH and AXL since ... 1993? Well ...

Hard School would have been the PERFECT song to state "WE'RE BACK".

I hope that JUST ONCE they have a plan for their releases ... and an album is coming soon.

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

My final conclusion:  as the first comeback single from my favorite lineup of my favorite band in 30ish years, it’s disappointing. But if you let yourself have fun with it, it’s pretty damn fun.

I kid you not, the first thing I thought when I heard the single on Spotify was "well, it's fun at least". Great point. 

• Like 1

Didn't manage to stay awake last night to wait for the release, but the first thing I did when I woke up was listening to this. I kinda like it, and like many people said, it's really is a bold move to release such an unconventional track.

I've been listening to this with a lot of different headphones and speakers, there are some underlying synths going on, with some (very few) bits and pieces from the original demo. 

What makes this song exciting to me is really the straight forward approach with the mix. You can clearly hear Slash and Duff there. The vocals are intentional weirdly pasted together, it's ok I guess.

I think the intro is Buckethead's killswitch sampled. That would explain why he's not credited.  But I'm not sure if it's even Richard playing the rhythm guitar on the left channel. 

9 hours ago, James Bond said:

I concur. The instruments actually sound really good. Slash's tone in particular sounds rather Illusions like.

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'd bet he's using a Jubilee :lol:

Duff sounds killer, Slash could be louder imo but the tones great. Not too much gain

I don't know, I don't think his tone sounds like Illusions. I like it, but I wish it would be more like the live version with more gain. 

It sounds brighter than his regular tone in any other GNR recording, for sure. 

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Unlike to the live version this is either just Slash on leads or Fortus imitates his playing creepingly good, which wouldn't be good at all, IMO.

I think you're spot on. It's just Slash as far as I can tell. 

• ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Fun is good for a b-side or a cover album.. Not your first song together in 30 years.. 

The way they went about recording it is just trash.  Slash and Duff are complete fucking sellouts.. Session musicians in their own band.. It would have been a little better if they at least recorded the whole thing from scratch. It just sounds like a cut and pasted outdated song that couldn't even make CD..

You're being a bit absurd. 

I kid, I kid! 

I totally hear all of those things you said and I agree however, allow me to throw this argument out there: .....but GN'R. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

It‘s an OK Song, could be a good filler in an album, but as a single?!?!

And I get the humour behind it and all that. 

but it‘s again quite underwhelming, given Slash and Duff are playing on this. 
Just shows that they are the new hired guns and are „allowed“ to play on Axls chinese leftovers 🙄 

God, I hate this band, still I payed 1,29€ to them.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

So if the writing is credited to “Guns n Roses” does that mean Dizzy has to share his royalties with Axl/Slash/Duff?

Does Pitman still get royalties even tho he likely just wrote the now-deleted intro?

Why did Brain get credited but not Buckethead, even tho that’s definitely still Buckethead’s killswitch in the intro?

So many questions still!

One thing is for sure though, Slash’s playing and tone is wayyyy better than Bumble’s. Now I see just how uninspired of a lead guitarist Bumble really is. He should stick to fretless/ rhythm.