ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

22 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this (thread is 39 pages) but this is very similar to them releasing Shacklers first via rock band in 2008. It got some buzz going with a pretty weird GNR song and then they followed with more traditional type singles with CD and Better. May be a similar strategy going on here. Plus Axl has that weird sense of humor and I think releasing a song called Absurd first appeals to that. 

I have mentioned this before. 

Absurd as the Shackler's Revenge of a new album 

• GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, MattyIce3924 said:

I hated this song with a passion an hour ago but this studio cut is not bad at all. This would have been the best song on CD and Slash kills it. Still working on getting past the “pussy full of maggots” lyric, but I’ll get there. 

Fuck GNR for their toxic treatment of me because they’ve got me for awhile again. Goddamn I love this band.

Best song on CD? Yikes. I mean, I get opinions and all, but this song makes Riad sound like Jungle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Yes. 10000000000% 

You seem pretty confident. Youre some sorta insider, right? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

The guy from GnREvo who knows Slash’s camp said Q4 this year they were aiming to have an album out. And we already know SMKC4 is due in early 2022. And troc hinted that the UYI box would be in summer 2022 (which lines up with the euro tour).

the pieces are starting to come together:

Q4 2021: new GnR album

Q1/Q2 2022: SMKC 4

Q2/Q3 2022: UYI box

Living the Dream came out around the same time as the AFD box, so it’s not too much of a stretch.

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Already learned how to play it. It's pretty fun actually. Will record it later. 

I just think it's weird how the live approach is different. Almost seems like they didn't know how the final result would be. 

That’s normal. When I was a musician I would record songs in the studio first and then when it came time to play them live I’d realize it would need a different approach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah my guess is HardSkool is track 1 and Absurd is track 2. Would fit with chidem/ Shackler’s. And also absurd is “short and to the point” like ISE.

I could see that. Then once the album is out a month or so release atlas as the 3rd single

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EricA said:

on a side note:

if this is Brain on the drums, could we agree even more so know, that it was Adler on the "new" SOYL single ?!

poor:frank:

Not Adler on SOYL.

9 hours ago, Mendez said:

Dont have time to listen and nitpick. but since Braib is still on drums, do the rhythm guitars sound like the old members? I know the chorus is definitely Slash on rhythm bc hes doing that descending note thing instesd of power chords

9 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Brain on drums? And I think there's no Fortus in it aswell. Absurd...

It's all Slash on guitar, no Fortus.

7 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

How in the hell did you guys connect this one with a UYI set. Just stop, breathe, drink this one in. Wait for some official shit. 

Yes, I think this is the beginning of more new stuff.

32 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

I thought Beneath The Savage Sun on WOF was a bit heavier and different from Slash. But apart from that I’d say VR 

Nothing to Say is also similar to BTSS.

29 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The Unholy was also pretty different to any of his other work since VR.

Yeah that's a good one too.

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

You seem pretty confident. Youre some sorta insider, right? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

The guy from GnREvo who knows Slash’s camp said Q4 this year they were aiming to have an album out. And we already know SMKC4 is due in early 2022. And troc hinted that the UYI box would be in summer 2022 (which lines up with the euro tour).

the pieces are starting to come together:

Q4 2021: new GnR album

Q1/Q2 2022: SMKC 4

Q2/Q3 2022: UYI box

Living the Dream came out around the same time as the AFD box, so it’s not too much of a stretch.

I think that's possible. Would be a good plan if they do that.

• Like 1

So I have those friends who are GNR fans. Not to the extent we are, but fans nonetheless, people that listen to GNR whenever we get together for a beer, went to the 2016 reunion shows with etc. They are familiar with Chinese Democracy and all of them are into deep cuts from AFD and UYI. Proper fans. 

Anyway, I showed them "Absurd" yesterday, and it's not that they hated it, they simply couldn't react to it. They just looked confused, then played it again a couple of times. Just this weird, confused, WTF is this reaction. As much as I don't like the song, a part of time actually thinks it's kind of cool that GNR can provoke a reaction such as this. Sure, GNR could release a bunch of canned rockers, throw in a ballad or two, do what AC/DC has been doing, but stuff like this will, at the very least, get people to talk about. 

I don't think that's intentional, but who knows. I listened to yesterday's show and Nightrain shows clearly that Axl's voice is completely gone at this point. It's an unprecedented amount of struggle in every part of the song. "Absurd" fits rightly into his strong zone, which makes it a perfect song to go for if his voice does not return.  He actually sounds quite powerful at those "absurd!" screams 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

That’s normal. When I was a musician I would record songs in the studio first and then when it came time to play them live I’d realize it would need a different approach.

I know but the thing is Richard playing Slash's spot live, but not playing the same lead as the album. And also Slash playing random noodling.

8 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Best song on CD? Yikes. I mean, I get opinions and all, but this song makes Riad sound like Jungle.

No, just no. Riad and Scraped are up there with My World for me. That's my bottom three. As absurd as it sounded to me watching it oon a cell phone video (and not really liking it), the studio version is winning me over. 

I agree with others, I see this as a song 2 ISE and Shackler's spot o nthe album.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Besides Absurd, I'd say the Illusions were the last time Slash REALLY played on songs that are "pushing the envelope" musically and artistically. Sure he had Anastasia and some other moments, but they were still pretty "safe" imo. Axl on the other hand is ALWAYS pushing the limits, to his detriment at times.

What makes this song more interesting imo, is the mix of those 2 ways of making music.

I'm a fan of slash's solo work, but it's a fact that he's been on autopilot for years (at least the last 10 or 15). And Axl pushes way too much the limits (those 1000 layers of sounds in CD...). So, I think this might be the beggining of something quite promising. Not to mention the fact that Duff surely adds his own signature to the music

• alfierose changed the title to ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

I don't think an album's finished yet but wouldn't be surprised there's been a lot of work done over the past few years on new music. A lot of recording artists have either worked on new albums or did absolutely nothing during the pandemic. No mention on his Twitter about the single being released, not even comments about the tour. 

10 minutes ago, Stalfos said:

On the first verse, the screaming fucking banshee part seems to be out of sync, I wonder if that's intentional.

It overlaps with the previous lyric, it’s unsettling or annoying - I haven’t decided yet. But I firmly believe it’s intentional.