ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

Besides Absurd, I'd say the Illusions were the last time Slash REALLY played on songs that are "pushing the envelope" musically and artistically. Sure he had Anastasia and some other moments, but they were still pretty "safe" imo. Axl on the other hand is ALWAYS pushing the limits, to his detriment at times. Songs like Coma, Locomotive, and now Absurd is where the two meet. I prefer Coma and Locomotive, but I'm curious about the rest of the album. If nothing else, this album will be interesting from a creative stand point. Say what you will about CD, but it might be the most "progressive" album ever by a band that started out as a "hard rock" band. Sure Tool and others push the envelope, but they can't rock the "old school" style like Guns can. Which other bands from guns era, can't write songs like Absurd. I'm sorry they just can't. I'm of the opinion that AC/DC hasnt been relevant creativity since The Razors Edge. I could say the same about Metallica and others. 

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I absolutely love Shacklers revenge. I love everything about it... for me it's the most underrated song on the record.

It's a shame they haven't played it since the reunion!  It's so good!  Always been one of my favorites

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Pitman wakes up. 

While sipping coffee, he turns on his PC and clicks on a music feed. 

His phone keeps beeping with messages, but he thinks "Leave me alone, you dicks, it’s 9 in the morning."

A headline jumps out at him. 

He stops the coffee cup halfway to his mouth. 

His eyes widen.

Silence. 

"This must be a hoax," flashes through his head. 

He clicks on other sources. 

It’s everywhere. 

His phone buzzes with various social media, e-mail, and bank account sounds. 

He puts the cup down and looks out of the window. 

Thoughts running through his head. "Is this actually happening?"

"I mean, I know you fucked me over hard in that lawsuit, but… is this supposed to be some sort of compensation? Why this? Why now? What the fuck, man?"

He picks up the phone. A few missed calls and unread messages from Dizzy on the top of a heap of other messages. 

"Should I open a celebratory bottle?" is the last thought we hear before leaving him there in peace. 

I’m still on the floor laughing at the bank account ping sounds 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

K listened to it all the way through. Love the Medusa head with the snakes in the video.

Some parts sound like Axl and other parts don't. I guess GNR are trying different things and I guess that's good. WE don't want the same GNR songs over again.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing it live! 

Loved seeing Axl singing the Biz Markie song. I had to laugh because he sang the only words that I remember. lol 

Ya, call me crazy... But I think it's coming. I feel like its been done, the whole pandemic has put them on the waiting game. 

They didn't NEED a new album before, they could sell the reunion. Now it's new album time. Axl even said so when he said "We had to finish this, before we could work on what's next." Or something similar. I'm going to base things off of how things have been since the reunion started, which has been very professional, and very smart business wise. Just look at all the new merch... They didn't have that back in 02,06,09, etc. Everything has a BIGGER feel now, as such I think they are making the smart moves. They want to tour and make their money that way, in order to do that, you need new music, other wise people get bored. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this (thread is 39 pages) but this is very similar to them releasing Shacklers first via rock band in 2008. It got some buzz going with a pretty weird GNR song and then they followed with more traditional type singles with CD and Better. May be a similar strategy going on here. Plus Axl has that weird sense of humor and I think releasing a song called Absurd first appeals to that. 

I reminded my wife of that exactly same thing with Shacklers last night. 

• Like 1

Listened to Absurd again. This is where I stand:

Top tier GnR songs: Estranged, TWAT, November Rain, SCOM, Civil War, Locomotive

Amazing Songs: Nightrain, WTTJ, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, YCBM, Prostitute, Catcher, Pretty Tied Up, Double Talkin Jive, Coma, Better, Madagascar

Good Songs: Mr.Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Patience, Used To Love Her, Yesterdays, Don't Cry, Chinese Democracy, Street of Dreams, If The World, IRS, OMG

Ok Songs: You're Crazy (Lies), 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, Back Off Bitch, The Garden, Dead Horse, Shackler's Revenge

Bad Songs: Think About You, My Michelle, One In A Million, GITR, So Fine, Perfect Crime, YATF, Bad Obsession, Bad Apples

Horrible Songs: Anything Goes, Shotgun Blues, RNDTH, Scraped, Riad, Sorry, TIL

Garbage: My World, Absurd

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this (thread is 39 pages) but this is very similar to them releasing Shacklers first via rock band in 2008. It got some buzz going with a pretty weird GNR song and then they followed with more traditional type singles with CD and Better. May be a similar strategy going on here. Plus Axl has that weird sense of humor and I think releasing a song called Absurd first appeals to that. 

I have mentioned this before. 

Absurd as the Shackler's Revenge of a new album 

• GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, MattyIce3924 said:

I hated this song with a passion an hour ago but this studio cut is not bad at all. This would have been the best song on CD and Slash kills it. Still working on getting past the “pussy full of maggots” lyric, but I’ll get there. 

Fuck GNR for their toxic treatment of me because they’ve got me for awhile again. Goddamn I love this band.

Best song on CD? Yikes. I mean, I get opinions and all, but this song makes Riad sound like Jungle.

• Like 1

Lets all just take a step back and realise, Guns have debuted a song and released it within the same week. What a time! 

And the positive press will be huge for the band especially Axl in releasing more new music 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Yes. 10000000000% 

You seem pretty confident. Youre some sorta insider, right? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

The guy from GnREvo who knows Slash’s camp said Q4 this year they were aiming to have an album out. And we already know SMKC4 is due in early 2022. And troc hinted that the UYI box would be in summer 2022 (which lines up with the euro tour).

the pieces are starting to come together:

Q4 2021: new GnR album

Q1/Q2 2022: SMKC 4

Q2/Q3 2022: UYI box

Living the Dream came out around the same time as the AFD box, so it’s not too much of a stretch.

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I have mentioned this before. 

Absurd as the Shackler's Revenge of a new album 

Yeah my guess is HardSkool is track 1 and Absurd is track 2. Would fit with chidem/ Shackler’s. And also absurd is “short and to the point” like ISE.

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Already learned how to play it. It's pretty fun actually. Will record it later. 

I just think it's weird how the live approach is different. Almost seems like they didn't know how the final result would be. 

That’s normal. When I was a musician I would record songs in the studio first and then when it came time to play them live I’d realize it would need a different approach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah my guess is HardSkool is track 1 and Absurd is track 2. Would fit with chidem/ Shackler’s. And also absurd is “short and to the point” like ISE.

I could see that. Then once the album is out a month or so release atlas as the 3rd single

• Like 1

• alfierose changed the title to ABSUЯD Single released at midnight
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic
  • alfierose unpinned this topic