ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

5 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

No, just no. Riad and Scraped are up there with My World for me. That's my bottom three. As absurd as it sounded to me watching it oon a cell phone video (and not really liking it), the studio version is winning me over. 

I agree with others, I see this as a song 2 ISE and Shackler's spot o nthe album.

I’m glad it’s winning people over, but it’s still bottom of the barrel regardless. And I’m not even saying Riad is great. Just that this song is that much worse.

This song shouldn’t even be uttered in the same breath as ISE. Shackler’s? Maybe. But even that song smokes this thing.

4 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

It overlaps with the previous lyric, it’s unsettling or annoying - I haven’t decided yet. But I firmly believe it’s intentional.

The whole song is crazy, batshit and "absurd", it's even the title. I believe that's definitely intentional, especially since someone said it was not out of sync in some earlier leak.

28 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Best song on CD? Yikes. I mean, I get opinions and all, but this song makes Riad sound like Jungle.

That’s just me coming from a place of disliking everything on CD with the sole exception of Street of Dreams. It’s not too high of a standard coming from me haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DuffnAxl said:

Where can I download absurd legally in Germany? I can’t find it on Amazon.

It might actually be there. It took me a while to find it on itunes as the R was spelled backwards. So putting in absurd didn't find it.

2 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Same feeling when they released OMG in 1999. The waiting and so this.... 😏

Every media picking this up and they choose to release a 20 year old song after 13 years of silence. Well nevemind. But they blew a big opportunity unless a new single will hit soon and sounding like Guns N' Roses.

In fairness Oh My God is musically way more interesting; and lyrically is one of GNR's strongest songs. This is much weaker.

4 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Same feeling when they released OMG in 1999. The waiting and so this.... 😏

Every media picking this up and they choose to release a 20 year old song after 13 years of silence. Well nevemind. But they blew a big opportunity unless a new single will hit soon and sounding like Guns N' Roses.

99% of the comments on their facebook page  are trashing the hell out if it.  Then all the comments on their YouTube page are positive.. Quite a contrast, you would have to think they are deleting all the negative comments off youtube.. 

6 minutes ago, axl666 said:

It might actually be there. It took me a while to find it on itunes as the R was spelled backwards. So putting in absurd didn't find it.

In fairness Oh My God is musically way more interesting; and lyrically is one of GNR's strongest songs. This is much weaker.

Maybe. But very different from the Guns N' Roses I knew and OMG seemed unfinished...

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

Slash hasn’t mentioned Absurd at all in his social media and he has posted today about other random stuff. Wonder if he’s not a big fan of this or if there is tension regarding the strategy (if there is one ha) of what’s to come. 

He should be fucking ashamed....

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

99% of the comments on their facebook page  are trashing the hell out if it.  Then all the comments on their YouTube page are positive.. Quite a contrast, you would have to think they are deleting all the negative comments off youtube.. 

I think they released the song first without the Medusa video and the comments were off, maybe because of the negative comments.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

We waited 30 years for an Axl and Slash song and this is what we got??????????????

I think this is what bothers me about it as well. I totally understand the excitement of it all. And everyone knows that more enthusiasm is great around here.

But so much time… for this. People keep bringing up My World, and while that “song” is dreadful, it was also slapped onto the ass end of a double album that possesses a wealth of tremendous songs. I think if I knew a whole album was following this release, I’d be quite a bit more excited. But with this band, this could be a fart in the wind and we could get nothing for another five years. It’s hard to be excited.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Stale? Stale is not the word to describe this song, even if it is 20yrs old!

I mean are you looking for AFD rockers? This is 30+ years on if you are, if somethings been out that long and the band is trying to recreate it that's stale, that's "we have nothing left to say, so we'll just do what we know works" This is at least attempting something different. We've been complaining about the monotony and how take gnr, this at least shows some teeth and that old gnr attitude. 

I appreciate a band this far in saying fuck it! And going for broke. I'm not in love with the song, it's growing on me a bit but it just isn't my cup of tea... I can listen to Chinese or AFD/UYI if I don't like whatever direction they go next. More than happy for them to make the records they want to hear rather than try and please an audience like 90% of other major acts. 

Like it, don't like it, who cares! The take away is that there's life in the old dog yet. Before you go writing them off, you really need to know what the rest of the songs sound like, it could be very varied again.

I'm not asking for a rehash of AFD or UYI. I like it when bands evolve. Hell, two of my favorites are Nine Inch Nails and Faith No More, two bands who consistently reinvent themselves.

But Absurd doesn't feel like a reinvention, it's the same thing we've been hearing since 1999. If anything this is more of the same and it's from an era that the vast majority of fans view as a pretty major blip on their record. I like a lot of Chinese Democracy (TWAT, Street and Madagascar are epic) , but there's also a lot of crap on there. Much like UYI 1 and 2. I don't know if you were around in 2001, but Silkworms was crucified, and I mean CRUCIFIED by hardcore and casual fans. It was universally loathed. GnR hasn't had enough studio output to go off the rails so much. If they were putting out an album every two or three years, you could forgive a wobble. or two. God knows most bands have them. Axl treats studio releases almost with contempt. His attitude towards music and fans is the exact reason why the leaks became as popular as they did. Fans desperately wanted new music, myself included. But this desperation overshadowed the quality of the music.

The fact that this is the first new track we've heard since 2008, and that it's a rework of a hated song, shows the band just does not give a fuck. And when the band doesn't give a fuck, it's hard for the fans to. If I were still 18, maybe I'd still be impressed by their fuck you attitude. But I'm not. The music is alright, but the lyrics are infantile and embarrassing. Will I give a new album a chance? Certainly. I won't judge music I haven't heard. I actually really like Hard School. But I want to hear new collaborative ideas. I don't want Slash photoshopped on top of 20 year old songs that are best left forgotten. This isn't progress, this is treading water and Axl is laughing at us.

• Like 3