ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

I doubt Slash is is over the moon about playing CD II stuff but I also doubt he's crying himself to sleep over it. He seemed to be in a good mood the night Absurd was debuted, chatting it up with Axl on stage from the vid from Meegan's IG. He's probably happy at any break in the setlist monotony.

I heard it at Fenway and was left shocked and had no clue what to think. Came home listened on YouTube and finally heard more of the lyrics and was left even more shocked

i listened at release last night and it grew on me. Especially brains drumming. Dudes a monster on drums. No way Adler could play this with the same feel. It really drives the song 

whoever is playing bass has some awesome leads added in. Bass tone in general is great and also drives the song 

some stuff guitar wise fits. The end kinda just cuts out awkwardly and doesn’t “finish”. The first solo goes over the lyrics by about a beat. 

listened in my car on the way to work at 7 am and was half asleep, certainly woke me up!

listened again on the way home and was left with a “it’s not terrible but I wonder how many times I skip it on shuffle in a few weeks”. It’s certainly grown on me tho 

It’s a great song live. I bet festival crowds in Europe go nuts over how heavy it is being a rock. 

the only questions I have are who for sure is on guitar (and what parts), and who’s on bass. I also kinda wonder what Izzy is thinking right about now. I’m sure he heard the original at some point 

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

He should check out asap.. But he sold his soul already... 

I'll take your argument at face value, but wouldn't contributing to a new, very out-of-left-field song be less selling out than playing the same set list, night after night, from 2016 until 2021 while becoming visibly more bored with it each night? It just seems very reactionary to call this the "ultimate sell-out" for playing on a song that obviously make his bandmate happy - possibly as a teaser for even more material - when Slash has been pretty much been doing "sell-out" stuff since, at the very least, the 2010s. And I say that lovingly, I love Slash being a huge personality and presence. 

20 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Slash hasn’t mentioned Absurd at all in his social media and he has posted today about other random stuff. Wonder if he’s not a big fan of this or if there is tension regarding the strategy (if there is one ha) of what’s to come. 

Slash posted Absurd in his Facebook page 13hs ago... 

Sin-t-tulo.png

Edited by duffgnr86
pic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

8 minutes ago, duffgnr86 said:

Slash posted Absurd in his Facebook page 13hs ago... 

Sin-t-tulo.png

Okay, I only looked at Twitter and Instagram. Still seems kinda odd that one wouldn’t at least retweet/regram the official GNR post/link about Absurd out to their millions of followers considering their currently active on those sites. 

3 minutes ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

I hope the single is just a work in progress/demo to throw the fans a "bone" and they will rework the song properly for an album. But they probably won't.

Literal LOL at this one

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Okay, I only looked at Twitter and Instagram. Still seems kinda odd that one wouldn’t at least retweet/regram the official GNR post/link about Absurd out to their millions of followers considering their currently active on those sites. 

neither did Richard, Melissa, Frank, Dizzy nor AXL 

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

However one many feel about Slash playing on something like this (I don't agree with the "selling out" sentiment and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was among the CD leftovers he dug the most), he sounds awesome on it. Probably the best he has sounded on a recording in years, and that says something.

That's what I've tried to tell certain fans since forever and a day. 

Slash is more open minded about new directions than many of his Fans think. That goes back to the Tokyo Drift soundtrack from Brian Tyler and continues with Absurd. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

I actually really dig this song and always kind of did…the chorus riff is killer.

There’s a fair amount of unreleased songs that just flat out disappointed me, including Hard School (was better as a 20 second clip that we ruminated on for years) and Atlas Shrugged (just yuck…poorly written song that never gets off the ground).

Silkworms has that kind of pure rock vibe to it that outside of Rhiad and CD (title track), is just missing from this lot of material. 

On another note, remember back in ‘06 when HisRoyalSweetness crashed Axl’s after party and got him to talk a bit about Silkworms? Apparently, it was his former GF Sasha’s favorite song and Axl’s quote was that Bucket’s solo on that song would “blow us all away.” 

What an ending this wound up being. Eat my Silkworms!

Edited by appetite4illusions

39 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash also doesn't follow Guns N Roses and Myles Kennedy on Instagram. I don't think he puts too much thought into it, just wants to post some boobs and fucked up shit sometimes.

I think Axl and Slash just had straight up talk about what GnR is nowadays - a pretty solid and profitable retirement plan. The new album is a boost in sales for merch and touring. 

That was by far the most entertaining GNR week since 2016 at least. We had Axl sounding good at the soundcheck in hershey, the band rehearsed Hardskool, then Axl sucked at the actual Hershey gig. Three days later they debut Absurd and end up releasing it today. All within one fucking week! That’s more action then in the whole of 2018 and 2019 together. 

• Like 1