ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Also #7 on the overall charts, charting between all the Ed Sheeran The Weeknd Justin Bieber etc., lmao. What a time to be alive.

A song written by Chris Pitman. Back in the big time!

• ABSUЯD 2

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Also #7 on the overall charts, charting between all the Ed Sheeran The Weeknd Justin Bieber etc., lmao. What a time to be alive.

Odd. I’ve refreshed several times and it still shows #25 song in rock and buried deep on overall 

Deep in his heart Axl knew this was GNRs next top 10 smash, that's why he never gave up on it for 20 years.

1 minute ago, GS67 said:

Odd. I’ve refreshed several times and it still shows #25 song in rock and buried deep on overall 

I'm viewing it here

https://kworb.net/ww//

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

A song written by Chris Pitman. Back in the big time!

Can you imagine the worth of the really expensive towel Axl would have gifted him if he was still in the band?

32 minutes ago, downzy said:

Do they?

They’re near 60 year old millionaires with a legacy that’s not likely to change at this point.

The worry or concern about them winning over new fans with new music is kind of pointless at this point. They’re not going to be winning over the young kids anymore. They are who they are at this point. And while they’re not presently crushing ticket sales, they’re not at risk of relying on some of the tricks other bands of their era employ to make money through live music.

They’ll be fine whether their new offerings appeals to a broader audience or not. Their moment in the sun of relevance has long past. I think most of them know that. So they’re having fun doing what they can while they can still do it.   

I feel like that is giving up though. Wouldn't the greater challenge/reward be regaining relevance just to show you can? I feel that is the GNR way. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

It's on the BMI and PRS database in the UK. Also now showing up on a few sites like Genius:
https://genius.com/Guns-n-roses-absud-lyrics

Those aren't the official writing credits, I made the Genius page when the song was performed at Fenway and guessed at the credits based on what Axl said in 2001. The song doesn't show up when I search it in the BMI database, but I am in the US. Could you send a screenshot?

3 minutes ago, fantomas said:

I feel like that is giving up though. Wouldn't the greater challenge/reward be regaining relevance just to show you can? I feel that is the GNR way. 

Agreed. Also Legacy isn’t a constant unchangeable thing…Their current legacy as a great rock band is clouded over with a “what could’ve been” vibe…well coming back and kicking ass when you’re 56-59 years old and making up for lost time sounds pretty fucking rock n roll to me. Actually trying is surely better than accepting the status quo and basically giving up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fantomas said:

The biggest thing to gain relevance in 2021 would be to release a biopic on Netflix like Motley Crue did. But Slash has already said no to that.

8 minutes ago, Dean said:

Truly a beautiful sight.

image.png.5f37144b73a777593217ef5d3e752afc.png

When we get a Pitman guest appearance before Izzy :lol:

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

When we get a Pitman guest appearance before Izzy :lol:

I do wonder what Axl's thoughts were on the whole Pitman scandal. Pitman was obviously being a dick, then probably upset the camp by attempting to sue Axl, but at the end of the day, he was an integral part in the creation of an album Axl spent a good portion of his life labouring over