ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

26 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

It's already happening. Local radio station posted it on their Facebook page. It is getting ripped to fucking shreds by general public. 

The negative voices are always the loudest. Obviously old-school fans and people who are into straight-up rock aren't going to really dig this. But let the single do its thing, see what happens. 

This is just anecdotal, but I've seen a lot of positive (and negative) feedback on various Facebook comments. 

• Like 1

I fucking love it! My wife hated it hearing it last night, but today caught her saying Absurd I said WTF she said its grown on her. Might be one of those that will need to grow on most. I love the rifts, and Duff's bass line! I'm ready to see what we get in the next 14 years!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Listened to Absurd again. This is where I stand:

Top tier GnR songs: Estranged, TWAT, November Rain, SCOM, Civil War, Locomotive

Amazing Songs: Nightrain, WTTJ, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, YCBM, Prostitute, Catcher, Pretty Tied Up, Double Talkin Jive, Coma, Better, Madagascar

Good Songs: Mr.Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Patience, Used To Love Her, Yesterdays, Don't Cry, Chinese Democracy, Street of Dreams, If The World, IRS, OMG

Ok Songs: You're Crazy (Lies), 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, Back Off Bitch, The Garden, Dead Horse, Shackler's Revenge

Bad Songs: Think About You, My Michelle, One In A Million, GITR, So Fine, Perfect Crime, YATF, Bad Obsession, Bad Apples

Horrible Songs: Anything Goes, Shotgun Blues, RNDTH, Scraped, Riad, Sorry, TIL

Garbage: My World, Absurd

Not a bad list. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

How nice of Axl and Duff to release this song considering how "woke" they are. One of the most misogynistic bands ever. Not that it bothers me. I just don't like hypocrites.

How cute. 

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is a pretty big problem

No it's not, looking at the charts. Plus, when they'll release hard skool soon, everyone will love it. 

• Like 1

I like the song. Don't mind the silkworms chorus "what can I do with a bitch like you" being cut cause in 2021, it's a little derogatory to women. What does confuse me is the way the line "screaming fucking banshee" seems to come in early. It's not performed that way live, so I'm wondering if it's actually a mistake. If not, I'm not particularly sure what it adds to the song. Part of me what I think is great, is the flow from the "full of magots" to "dizzy little dreamer" and the trip up in rhythm before hand hinders it a little.

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I experienced silkworms much after 2001 and I wasn't impressed either😄

I think they could have come out much stronger, but it is what is! 

I 100% want to hear music that's from the current members of the band but I also want to hear the older CD material. There is a compromise and I hope they have got to it where there's a mix... but time will tell! 

I wouldn't mind the CDII songs coming out as a deluxe edition or rarities CD. From an archive standpoint I find all of it interesting. But for a mainstream release after 13 years of radio silence?  Eek.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

It's so surreal that one of the first new songs that Axl performed after Slash left the band is now the first "new" song from the reunion lineup *two decades* later. I really can't wait to find out the story behind how this track was selected and why they chose it over all the other old material there must be, or why they didn't just move in an entirely new direction and scrap the old stuff. It's just such a bizarre thought that Slash is now adding overdubs to Chinese Democracy demos. But at the same time I kind of love the punk attitude of releasing such a non-radio-friendly song, knowing it's going to get a lot of attention in the press for being the first new song with Slash in almost three decades. 

Bizarre. Absurd. 

I don't think it's a "they" situation in terms of the decision to release it. Dictator Axl decided to troll everyone with "My World" on Steroids...and it has the perfect song title as well. Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

How cute. 

No it's not, looking at the charts. Plus, when they'll release hard skool soon, everyone will love it. 

It is the first song they released with Slash and Duff in 30 years.. Of course it is going to get a million views/streams.. That doesn't mean it is sustainable.. I know a quite a bit of people that checked it out  once or twice today.. The feedback was pretty bad. Hell, my 71 year old uncle even checked it out..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I’ll probably get slaughtered here, but this tune is shite. I’ve been in bands that wrote better tunes. The chorus of the original silkworms is better than the current shouting of absurd a few times. It’s repetitive and the guitar riff is a teenage players first song. 

Nah, I agree with you mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"That song in particular that you are talking about, 'Silkworms', it ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N' Roses 10 or 15 years in the future." - Pitman

Sure, 2011 was a bit absurd, 2016 also. Yet, Pit's too modest. He should've called it 20 and been later hailed as a prophet.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, steveysham said:

I like the song. Don't mind the silkworms chorus "what can I do with a bitch like you" being cut cause in 2021, it's a little derogatory to women. What does confuse me is the way the line "screaming fucking banshee" seems to come in early. It's not performed that way live, so I'm wondering if it's actually a mistake. If not, I'm not particularly sure what it adds to the song. Part of me what I think is great, is the flow from the "full of magots" to "dizzy little dreamer" and the trip up in rhythm before hand hinders it a little.

That line was cut in 2006. Some guy tracked Axl down at a party took a picture with him that said Silkworms or something. Axl told him he cut the chorus. 

1 minute ago, Ixtlan said:

That line was cut in 2006. Some guy tracked Axl down at a party took a picture with him that said Silkworms or something. Axl told him he cut the chorus. 

Axl also mentioned this when he chatted on the forums in '08:

Dudecqd: Hi Axl, is Silkworms on the next record? It's a masterpiece.

Axl: has a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone.

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I've listen to the song a few more times now. 

I like it a whole hell of a lot more than I did when I first heard it this morning. I like is far, FAR more than any version of Silkworms I'd heard previously. The lyrics are still dumb as hell and I could do without all the effects on Axl's voice. 

However, overall it rocks way harder than it has any right to. The how's/why's and wrf's about how it was released are going to be continually debated, so I'm just commenting on the song itself. 

I am coming to the same conclusion - I can't say the songwriting is something I consider amazing but it is fun and rocking, with a cool riff and Slash's signature sound being back in the mix for the riffs and solos are worth the price of admission on its own IMO

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've listen to the song a few more times now. 

I like it a whole hell of a lot more than I did when I first heard it this morning. I like is far, FAR more than any version of Silkworms I'd heard previously. The lyrics are still dumb as hell and I could do without all the effects on Axl's voice. 

However, overall it rocks way harder than it has any right to. The how's/why's and wrf's about how it was released are going to be continually debated, so I'm just commenting on the song itself. 

I have a strong feeling there will be an Absurd shirt now. 

• Like 1