ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

It still hasn’t grown on me. 

Now Perhaps however. I went back and gave THAT a listen and I tell you what, that’s A+ Potential right there.

State of grace have potential too, Love this song and is an unfinished track. With Hard Skool my favourites.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Silverburst80 said:

Well you never know he could be talking about an actual feline or a cowardly person....my money is on it being a vagina though.

The vagina of Stephanie Seymour? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

It still hasn’t grown on me. 

Now Perhaps however. I went back and gave THAT a listen and I tell you what, that’s A+ Potential right there.

With everything that was available it’s surprising that they chose this over the others. It could well be to do with writing credits. Perhaps there’s a song or songs with credits that Axl doesn’t want to share?

33 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Here’s the bottom line- Guns N Roses officially released a song. They actually officially released a song. And God willing this means more is coming (Hard Skool at least) Like Absurd or hate Absurd whatever. We are moving in the right direction for the first time in 13 years. 

agreed.  so here are my questions. 1.  do you think hardschool is the next new song, or will it be something else out of left field?

2.  will there even be a next new song in the next 12 months??

39 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Oh yes. Take THAT part out and it's perfectly fine towards women. :facepalm:

well the pussy full of maggots is absurdist imagery, whereas "what can I do", is more directly depicting the woman as a sex object. So yeah, it's better without it. Believe it or not, the omission actually does make an impact to the overall affect of sexism,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fantomas said:

I feel like that is giving up though. Wouldn't the greater challenge/reward be regaining relevance just to show you can? I feel that is the GNR way. 

I don't think you can regain relevance by releasing art with the main intention of being relevant.  That's when you start chasing trends and/or copying yourself. 

I'm not fan of this "new" song, but is there really any song from the leaks that would make GNR relevant again?  Hardschool is a fun track, but it's not going to put them #1 on Spotify's weekly most streamed tracks. 

They're nearly senior citizens.  How many seniors acts do you know that's still relevant?  

Finally, do they need to be relevant for them to matter to you?  

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Who gives a shit? It's just a song lol.

just offering an opinion that I think it's better with the chorus gone, as opposed to those moaning that they took it out?  I dunno thought forums were meant for a discussion. I've not been here for a while. Hold on, i'll get into the mygnr way of things.

ahem

fucking setlist blablabla ashba sucks, ferrer can't drum, Fink sucks, clown show, i want fink back he's better than fortus. I want slash. oh slash is back. Change the setlist. oh they've changed the setlist? change the setlist! bla bla bla, mcikey mouse mickey mouse. 20 year old song chi dem song snore! oh rereleased 35 year old appetite reject song awesom!!! oh wait I don't like that song anymore. bring back adler wah wah wah where's izzy?

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

I don't think you can regain relevance by releasing art with the main intention of being relevant.  That's when you start chasing trends and/or copying yourself. 

I'm not fan of this "new" song, but is there really any song from the leaks that would make GNR relevant again?  Hardschool is a fun track, but it's not going to put them #1 on Spotify's weekly most streamed tracks. 

They're nearly senior citizens.  How many seniors acts do you know that's still relevant?  

Finally, do they need to be relevant for them to matter to you?  

exactly. I love gnr but they will never be "relevant" any more. Music as a whole now has become wonderfully isoteric and of individuals taste. Music as a whole isn't going to shape the consciousness of the masses now that we've been exposed to so much choice. Unless a 60 year old Axl Rose finds an unalienable truth through mumble rapping, Gnr is not going to shape the youth any time soon. So you're better enjoying the shit you like for its own sake.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Life goes on and you are still bitter. 

Slash, Duff and Axl made peace with each other and released material. That's everything what matters now. 

Bitter...No. Fucking disappointed and frustrated as hell. GNR have a history of great releasing singles & hits of quality timeless music..

Does "absurd" sound anything like the singles

Wtj,scom,pc,patience,dc,nr,dh,cw,kohd,estranged,sidhy,better,sod?

I feel furious that after 30 years they do not respect their legacy at all as musicians...

"Absurd" songwriters are fuckin Pitman & Dizzy.....instead of Axl, Izzy, Slash,Robin,Buckethead...

No label will sign a band of songwriters of Pitman & Dizzy!!!

A fuckin disgrace...i feel ashamed

Edited by GNROSAS
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the 51 pages (:P) but that is definitely Frank on drums, regardless of comms saying it’s Brain. That ‘thud’ of the bass drum is clearly Frank’s (listen to IRS from CD compared to any leak)

Not according to Beta